• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A colt M1911 as an UPGRADE for 9mm? How about this one?

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Qingdao, Shandong, China
Just as the topic. Dealers sell an upgrade which removes the 9mm and grant a colt M1911 instead. No dual guns. This upgrade can be reversed. This upgrade take NO weight.

The M1911 has more damage, a little higher recoil than the 9mm,but lower on magazine capacity and ammo pool capacity. (For example 7/15,result in 112 rounds after all.)

Reasons for this upgrade is that 9mm today in perks other than SS are almost waste iron. And what is the purpose of pistols at war? "Remember,switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading." After rounds of 9mm fired ,what we find is that the zeds charge as if they were not shot by the pistols at all! WTF!
The one who buy this upgrade will tell a different story.

Also,with the SS hs bonus, this gun can be a replica of the handcannon. Pretty useful though.

A Browning Hi-Power would be a better upgrade.

Much more British and believable in Killing Floor.

If you wanted an upgrade, go with the .40 S&W Practical model.

Hi-Power_Practical.JPG

Even though my mate The Sorrow is working on an M1911 mod, i'd say for regular KF that a Browning Hi-Power Practical would be a far better and more British upgrade that is needed, we want British guns and we feel that we're lacking.

Reactions: Jake74 and C_Gibby
Upvote 0
A Browning Hi-Power would be a better upgrade.

Much more British and believable in Killing Floor.

If you wanted an upgrade, go with the .40 S&W Practical model.

Hi-Power_Practical.JPG

Even though my mate The Sorrow is working on an M1911 mod, i'd say for regular KF that a Browning Hi-Power Practical would be a far better and more British upgrade that is needed, we want British guns and we feel that we're lacking.

The gun after the upgrade must not use High-power rounds,otherwise it would be a pure replica for handcannon. Remember,handcannon weights 4.

The best ammo for this gun is .45acp. As a normal-power ammo .45 provides much more stopping power. And the best gun using .45 is the M1911.

7 rounds is balanced. If offered 12 rounds like the USP,this gun will be overpowered. When using this gun you need to count every shot and check ammo status (and reload)constantly.

Upvote 0
sounds like a nice idea, 9mm and knife is rarely used in later waves and it still takes up 1 block of weight, damn that 1 block that makes some weapon combos impossible, but if we are forced to take up that 1 block might as well upgrade it to something more useful. i dont know about m1911, i have no strong feeling for it 1 way or another. Others who support this idea should make a suggestion to what should replace 9mm and knife.

Upvote 0
The gun after the upgrade must not use High-power rounds,otherwise it would be a pure replica for handcannon. Remember,handcannon weights 4.

The hi power uses 9mm. Hi power is just the gun name.

The best ammo for this gun is .45acp. As a normal-power ammo .45 provides much more stopping power. And the best gun using .45 is the M1911.

In actual gunfights, this really isn't the case. For all practical value, most pistol rounds are the same, this is mainly true with hollowpoints, but hitting people in the head makes it pointless as well. Also, the 1911 is not the best gun using .45, that would be the Glock 21.

7 rounds is balanced. If offered 12 rounds like the USP,this gun will be overpowered. When using this gun you need to count every shot and check ammo status (and reload)constantly.

You should be doing that with the 9mm, anyways.

Replies in bold.

Also, to answer your question, the purpose of a pistol in war is close range self defense, mainly if your rifle goes down and you can't fix it, or any number of other reasons. Sure, it isn't as powerful as a rifle, but it is better than being dead if your weapon jams.

Upvote 0

Hi-power =/= high-power. Just like Desert Eagle =/= an actual eagle, and the Bullpup =/= a baby bull.

The Hi-Power Practical uses .40S&W. An upgrade from 9x19mm Luger is what you want. A more British and not 'murrican gun is what the community here wants. And the best gun for 11.43x23mm is not the M1911 but the Glock 21, which has 13 rounds, and is lighter.
I'm sorry mate but the M1911 isn't the best.

The Browning Hi-Power Practical is the best compromise between what you want and what everyone else here wants. :)

The third one made me facepalm.

That's what all players should be doing, not something the game forces on them. It's a matter of good habits.

If Killing Floor needs a gun to be added to make players play better then something's wrong.

Upvote 0
Hi-power =/= high-power. Just like Desert Eagle =/= an actual eagle, and the Bullpup =/= a baby bull.

The Hi-Power Practical uses .40S&W. An upgrade from 9x19mm Luger is what you want. A more British and not 'murrican gun is what the community here wants. And the best gun for 11.43x23mm is not the M1911 but the Glock 21, which has 13 rounds, and is lighter.
I'm sorry mate but the M1911 isn't the best.

The Browning Hi-Power Practical is the best compromise between what you want and what everyone else here wants. :)

The third one made me facepalm.

That's what all players should be doing, not something the game forces on them. It's a matter of good habits.

If Killing Floor needs a gun to be added to make players play better then something's wrong.

Heh, read my post right above yours, you repeated everything I said.

Upvote 0
Rainydaykid said:
Also, the 1911 is not the best gun using .45, that would be the Glock 21.

Sorry but... the best gun in .45 (or any caliber) should simply be the one you are best with using. Having used a G22 (yes, I know, that's .40S&W), I can say I did not like it much from the weapon's grip. I did like the sights, but the grip felt too wide for my preferences. On the other hand, I much preferred how multiple 1911s felt in my hands, but didn't like their sights as much.

Rainydaykid said:
You should be doing that with the 9mm, anyways.

Quoted for truth. I might be taking it too far sometimes... I seem to reload when I've only used 1 round in the mag (if nothing else is around that is!).

Upvote 0

Sorry but... the best gun in .45 (or any caliber) should simply be the one you are best with using. Having used a G22 (yes, I know, that's .40S&W), I can say I did not like it much from the weapon's grip. I did like the sights, but the grip felt too wide for my preferences. On the other hand, I much preferred how multiple 1911s felt in my hands, but didn't like their sights as much.

That is true, but "best" referring to reliability, accuracy, torture test, ect. Basically a gun that is totally reliable under just about any circumstance, nothing even comes close to a Glock.

I personally carry a G19 in 9mm, the caliber I shoot best. Low recoil for faster followup shots, accuracy, ect. Honestly, in modern hollowpoints, the practical difference between 9mm, .40, .45 is marginal. I had a G27, the subcompact .40, and the recoil with defensive rounds was horrible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heh, read my post right above yours, you repeated everything I said.

Except i was also talking about the Hi-Power Practical (the .40 S&W model) :p

But that just means that we have the same opinion. :)

As good as the M1911 is, i feel that a pistol that's more native to Britain should be found in Britain rather than an american gun.

Upvote 0
Well the most reliable .45 cal Pistol would be the HK MK23 :p (Seriously!!). I know that we made that Pistol for KF but it really is the most reliable handgun avaliable.
But actually Brits also use many weapons, which are not from Britain. I'm shure that the police uses lots of HK produkts. And James Bond had a german Pistol too :D.
Even our Army (Austria) here uses Barretts and Browning stuff. The only "Home-Weapons" we have is the Glock 17 and the Steyr Aug, which is used by Australia too. In the army we got the old American Steel Helmets which were pure Crap and so on lol. Our old Rifle, the FN Fal wasn't Austrian either so I really don't feel too patriotic about our 2 famous weapons lool. And the Steyr Aug just jammed too much so I'm happy that I never have to touch it again :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the most reliable .45 cal Pistol would be the HK MK23 :p (Seriously!!). I know that we made that Pistol for KF but it really is the most reliable handgun avaliable.

Reliability is probably about the same, honestly. They are all machines, and as such are subject to jamming, misfires, ect. Nothing is completely perfect. I have seen AKs stovepipe and jam as well.

This is a 21 vs a USP, but many of the internals are the same:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90

There is also a guy with 300k rounds through a Glock 17, with mostly original parts. I have been shooting and studying guns in depth for probably 15 years. There aren't many other handguns I would trust my life to in bad situations.

Not to mention the price and impractical size of the Mk23 puts it out of carry options. That thing is a huge handgun. Even the spec ops teams that it was made for rarely carry it. Honestly, H&K's stuff is way overpriced. They have decent quality, but I have never seen one worth what they ask for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is true, but "best" referring to reliability, accuracy, torture test, ect. Basically a gun that is totally reliable under just about any circumstance, nothing even comes close to a Glock.

I won't argue that. However, I think maybe a weapon upgrade to the 9mm probably should be simple to implement. Hell, maybe just do a caliber conversion and call the gun ".40" and keep the same weapon model and make the stats reflect more of the 96 instead of the 92. Hmm... increase damage by 50%?

(current version of my equation (now based on different things entirely than prev ones) show that the 9mm has 28.2 and the .40 has 43.63 as the outputs, or 54.7% higher for the .40)

Upvote 0