• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 paths are set before you

2 paths are set before you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken record asking for more tanks, but more tanks :)

Also would be nice to have the UI to have an option so you only see where radios / ammo dumps / objectives are etc. on a button press. While I know it is important to know that B is being capped, I've had a lot of instances where I've been trying to take out an enemy get a general idea of where he is only to have a giant flashing icon telling me that B is being capped pop up roughly where he is, impeding my view.

Upvote 0
I voted for content, as I believe that new content will boost combined arms (that will, obviously, change gameplay as well), which is essential at this point of life of the game. New custom maps will follow accordingly, and last, but not least, don't forget that content can be sold... it'll be a win-win situation! I also believe that a Kursk expansion (with new tanks) ala Rising Storm would be incredible! New skins should also be added, maybe a couple of guns, and IOM should be white-listed!

Upvote 0
Off course I would like to have both at the same time :)

But I voted for content, cause what people want with some special things in gameplay, would be still boring on the same maps, with the same vehicles very fast.

I think a halftruck, Pak's and mortars would change a lot to the gameplay alone.... :D

Actually I play very often RO1 - Darkest Hour, Ostfront,...

....its just a different feeling when you shot tanks, seeing halftrucks, operating Pak's. Real combined Arms on bigger maps :IS2:

Upvote 0
In my opinion the gameplay is solid and has been for some time. I personally do not feel like the armour ingame works too great and its more of an engine problem than anything to do with you guys (except for the new halftracks which i love, i generally refer to tanks and getting stuck on things, not being able to move through things you would expect a tank to be able to move through), i would personally prefer that no more time is invested in trying to improve that and instead just focus on more content, maps afew weapons and the like.

I honestly love the way the infantry plays and i love the official maps you guys put out. I know it is unlikely but i really appreciated the effort you went to at the start to make the maps as close to accurate to reallife as they were, i would personally enjoy seeing more maps from Stalingrad that had been recreated that way like the tractor factory and so on. But whatever you guys do, more maps is always a plus for me, and i can appreciate the tankers do feel like they got the shaft abit.

Upvote 0
Yes, true - the fact that they made the maps like some real areas from Stalingrad is a big + :)

But sometimes I am asking myselfe, if it would'nt better for TWI to leave Stalingrad for the bigger scale and possibilities.

As I would say, a RO2 - Berezina map, with Pz III and KV 1, halftrucks and some PaK's, well - it would be awesome. No MKB's, more rifleing, 1941 feeling :cool:

Upvote 0
As I'm trying to be active in the suggestion's forum, it's definitely gameplay for me.

The simplest explanation is that new content won't be "good enough" without a solid base. More than that, if it will be built upon a broken system, it won't be easy to improve once you'd actually like to introduce gameplay changes.
Now I don't want to say that the game is awful, but it certainly requires a lot of work as of right now on the gameplay and balance side. Look at all the other online games, like League of Legends - each patch brings a TON of balance tweaks and changes and just a bit of content, giving the design team a lot of time to tweak numbers without throwing too much into the game, stirring the data back into nonsense.

Upvote 0
They go two slightly different ways, before ending back at the same point further down the road.

We are finalizing our plans for the next update (or two) and I wanted to do a unofficial straw poll to sort of get a feel for two different ways we are considering going.

Keep in mind this poll will likely have no direct outcome on our decision making process as the sample size will not be large enough. But I would like the data as "one more thing to be considered" when we are making the decision.
You must've just finished reading Edwin Edwards biography. What marked his Louisiana gubernatorial reign was his prowess for telling his constituents how petty they were, how they couldn't live with out him, how he was going to screw them...and then he would do just what he said. Apparently that tactic worked. He was a four term governor. And then the Feds caught up with him. He is recently released from prison, he is now 87 years old with a 34 year old bombshell of a wife. Karma?

Upvote 0
Reading about some people preferring game play changes and I'm wondering a few things (minus those few who mentioned a couple of examples)

- Are those game play changes actually just bugs needing to be fixed? Those aren't game play changes and TWI has already said they look into them and if they can be reproduced, they try to fix them.
- Are those game play changes something that can already be accomplished by either switching to a different mode, to Classic for example or perhaps playing on servers with Custom settings?
- Are those game play changes you want the same changes others want or does everyone want changes that conflict with one another?

Just curious...

Upvote 0
+1 Moe, who's definition of gameplay improvements will they be going off? The many different opinions on how the game should be on this forum? Some want it more responsive, others similar to the overhaul mod, is this how the game ended up with so many game modes to begin with?
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98962
That's just my thread, but there are other valuable ones as well. I can't even treat IOM as a "modification" - first and foremost it fixes a lot of gameplay issues. What people need to realize is that gameplay and balance practically is content and it's probably the most important one - new "content", as in weapons, vehicles and maps is nice, but it only affects you when you interact with it. Balancing the game and switching some of the gameplay goals and features affect all the existing content, future content and all the players at the same time.

I see a lot of people, mostly RO1 fans, complain about the lack of content in RO2, so I'm not saying adding more is a bad thing. But adding a patch does not mean that you have to either do one or the other - what matters are the proportions, so I'd have nothing against a patch with two new weapons and a whole list of bugfixes, balance and gameplay changes.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying there aren't any feedback threads quite the opposite, you can't treat your opinion as how the game should be as there are many different views that are opposite to yours so I'd imagine it's more complicated for TWI to choose what to consider. We already have different game modes and server options which fit different play styles, and we've been using the same assets for years, so I don't see adjusting the squad system as a priority over new expansions

Upvote 0
Reading about some people preferring game play changes and I'm wondering a few things (minus those few who mentioned a couple of examples)

- Are those game play changes actually just bugs needing to be fixed? Those aren't game play changes and TWI has already said they look into them and if they can be reproduced, they try to fix them.
- Are those game play changes something that can already be accomplished by either switching to a different mode, to Classic for example or perhaps playing on servers with Custom settings?
- Are those game play changes you want the same changes others want or does everyone want changes that conflict with one another?

Just curious...

Just two clear examples:
Adding 3D voip would improve all maps, all matches in a qualitative way.
Adding more tanks would imo not improve anything qualitatively. In this case I'd rather see the current 2 tanks be made more fun to play than to introduce more tanks.
A matter of improving of what you have vs adding more. I feel the (stock) gameplay is not yet 'on point' enough for the gain of new content to exceed the gain of (good) gameplay changes. Also, content is more easily added by the community, and we have plenty of content already imo.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying there aren't any feedback threads quite the opposite, you can't treat your opinion as how the game should be as there are many different views that are opposite to yours so I'd imagine it's more complicated for TWI to choose what to consider.
It shouldn't be, because the final word always belongs to TWI. What matters to them more than our ideas is our feedback - what we like, what we dislike. They are the ones to fix that through patches, they have actually employed designers working on it.

And there is much to fix in RO2, like tank combat, like the things I've mentioned in my thread I've posted, like the UI responsiveness and clearness.

You also have to realize that often gameplay changes = new content. A usual scenario goes like: "we have the problem X with the feature Y, we'll add the feature Z to change it" - not everything needs to be a simple number tweak.

A matter of improving of what you have vs adding more. I feel the (stock) gameplay is not yet 'on point' enough for the gain of new content to exceed the gain of (good) gameplay changes. Also, content is more easily added by the community, and we have plenty of content already imo.
Pretty much this.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.