• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Trendkill

RO RO Sound Files For Use in Project

I am currently planning an semi-educational animation/slideshow, on the Eastern Front, as a college project but am coming up against the familiar wall of having little options for sound effects. I no longer really play games or use my Steam account but my passion for history is as alive as...
  2. Trendkill

Should I get RO2?

I actually joined the forums back in 2006 (Jesus has it really been that long!?) I've just never been very active on the forums. I fear that had I bought RO2 at release and been disappointed with it I may have become exactly the sort of bad-mouther you mention. Thanks everyone one for your...
  3. Trendkill

Should I get RO2?

Yeah Oldslowguy (to my surprise) I can run the game. Thanks guys, I'll be giving it a good think over. I realise it's only
  4. Trendkill

Should I get RO2?

With the weather getting worse and holidays coming up I've been playing games a bit more recently. I've gone back and played some RO:Ost for the first time in months (maybe a year or more). I can only find one (Russian) server with many people playing. I'm wondering now about RO2. When RO2...
  5. Trendkill

Interview with 'Gather Your Party'

This is incredibly exciting. It's excellent to see what appears to be US Marines and Army as well.
  6. Trendkill

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

I thought as much but thanks a lot for making it clear and simple for me.
  7. Trendkill

Pre-purchase RO2 on Steam!

I'd personally rather get a boxed version I think, for peace of mind. I'm immensely excited for RO2 but I'm also a bit confused about the game itself. I should probably have read the forums more because to be honest I'm still not entirely sure if there will be a way to play the game like the...
  8. Trendkill

RS at Prague'n'Play, June 29th

Very exciting indeed! This battle at Nphum Ga sounds particularly intriguing... can't wait for more pics.
  9. Trendkill

The battle you would most like to see represented in RS

Not to discredit the actual events and men who fought there but the sort of 'over-exposure' of the island hopping campaign in the Pacific Ocean theatre makes me more interested to see maps based on battles of the Phillipines or New Guinea campaigns, or maybe other even less known engagements...
  10. Trendkill

More scripts, training, single-player - and Japanese

I think I've played enough RO already that I'm looking forward to Rising Storm a bit more than RO2. I just hope it's not too long a wait after the release of RO2 until we see the Rising Storm.
  11. Trendkill

The Japanese launched a tank-supported counter-attack on the first night of the battle, the famous banzai charge was nearly a month later near the end of the battle. Both would be interesting map scenarios. A lot of good suggestions I think.
  12. Trendkill

trenches and pillboxs? traps?

I'm looking forward to using teamwork to take out heavily dug-in Japanese positions with grenades, flamethrowers and satchel charges while a BAR-man lays down suppressive fire... I'm also looking forward to fighting to the very end from said positions with my Arisaka or Nambu. Being a Pacific...
  13. Trendkill

Smothering grenades/explosions

To me at least it seemed that in the original RO the blast from grenades seemed to invisibly penetrate players and be able to kill multiple players when a real grenades effectiveness may have been smothered by the bodies of men in front of it. Of course this may have been due to the fact the...
  14. Trendkill

StG44 in 1942?

One of the biggest parts of enjoying a game like this is the immersion, and with the great interest I have in the history behind the game (mostly thanks to the original RO) even the smallest things can sometimes break that immersion for me. That said, multiplayer is always hit or miss on how...
  15. Trendkill

I think a Sugarloaf Hill map would be good as a perfect example of the sort of fighting on Okinawa. It's already a fairly well known battle and I bought a book recently all about it (Killing Ground on Okinawa) so I don't think there'd be any shortage of information to recreate it in a game.
  16. Trendkill

Weapons in early war

Personally I find it more immersive to see the correct weapons for the location/time period and generally I think it can make for more interesting gameplay to have historically correct weaponry for a map. On echonians point, I'd say a certain amount of imbalance is what makes a game like RO so...
  17. Trendkill

Can we have mortars?

Mortars worked pretty well from what little I managed to use them in Carpathian Crosses. I don't know what the brains working on this have in mind in terms of artillery etc. but I really like the idea of including the Japanese grenade discharger though. An equivalent for the Marines could be...
  18. Trendkill

Tripwire Interactive announces

I'd recently been thinking I'd like to have seen a PTO mod for RO... then, pretty late to the game, I heard about this. Needless to say I'm very excited, even moreso because it will be developed with the help of Tripwire which is just a great thing for the community. Hopefully it will give us...
  19. Trendkill

Wirecutters for engineer class

I'd like to see this too, it's realistic and worked well in CC.
  20. Trendkill

Glantz's "Stalingrad Trilogy"

Well the second book in this trilogy is out it seems, I definitely think I'll buy this series eventually but I've got a few books to get through already including Michael Jones' new book (which I'll get for Christmas, with any luck). I think maybe I should also read Glantz's 'When Titans...