• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. GnaM

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

Just discovered this mod. If it'd been around earlier, I might not have quit RO2 forever, but now I have to give it a 2nd chance.
  2. GnaM

Mkb42(H) damage increase plz

That's an interesting way to go about it. What I did was use basic geometry to calculate the total volume of permanent tissue damage from each wound profile within the first 20-30cm of tissue. Since bullets will have usually exited before the last 10cm, except in odd angled shots or particularly...
  3. GnaM

Brutal Doom

IMO the best aspect of Brutal Doom is the weapon functionality, rather than the gore. By introducing an assault rifle, they freed up the chaingun from performing an AR role, and instead allowed it to work like an actual minigun, with insane rate of fire. In turn, the assault rifle, its ADS, and...
  4. GnaM

Again, Panzer Jager's mod gets the Mkb42 right, or as close to right as it can be. If you don't like Jager's Mkb42, you're subscribing to a fantasy. Moreoever, it's your only option, since the likelyhood of TWI making a change this aspect is about as likely as it is they implement any one of the...
  5. GnaM

Yes, I deliberately avoided mentioning expanding or fragmenting bullets here, since WWII FMJ doesn't fit into that category (I also mentioned them many times in the thread that Gary Oak quoted at the beginning of this thread). One exception worth mentioning is exploding rounds, which were...
  6. GnaM

I should point out that after making the post you quoted, someone (I think it was Panzer Jager) pointed me to some brass fetcher tests which showed that 7.92x33mm does not reproduce the results shown in that diagram reliably. Basically the yaw depth of 7.92x33 is very random. Occasionally it...
  7. GnaM

Squad Jump on Classic this weekend!

Finally tried out the "new" classic real quick offline, and I could barely tell the difference, besides faster sprint. If they added any time taken to align the sights, it seems to short as to be imperceptible. It doesn't seem like any change was made to recoil - Panzer Jager's mutator still...
  8. GnaM

Squad Jump on Classic this weekend!

What are people who've played the new classic saying about it? Is there a thread for that? It'd weird to see it so quiet considering it's supposed to be what the hardcore fans have been asking for for so long. Makes it seem like the "too little too late" assessment is correct and the game is...
  9. GnaM

The Definitive Zoom Thread (Illustrated)

Why do you think people should be discouraged from using zoom 100% of the time? A 30 degree FOV provides the distance vision you have in real life 100% of the time. If it doesn't bother them, or they don't need to see in their periphery, then people should feel free to use real life distance...
  10. GnaM

Declining number of populated Classic servers. Bots everywhere.. What now?

It's really not that hard. I did a quick mockup in photoshop and had space to spare! http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/Gnalvl/squadmockup2_zpsac902b3a.jpg~original (I recommend clicking the magnifying glass in the bottom right twice till you get to the "original", then right click and...
  11. GnaM

1) The broken sprint physics are exactly why we're stuck with a piss poor choice Realism's arcade movement vs. Classic's asmatic lung cancer movement. Under the present physics, the faster you go, the more capable you are of making break-neck turns on a dime, completing ridiculous zigzag...
  12. GnaM

Let's face it, in addressing design uncertainties by implementing 2 differently-flawed modes, TWI not also broke the game, they broke the community. The game is beyond repair at this point; not because obvious solutions aren't available, but because TWI won't bother to implement them, and the...
  13. GnaM

For a Better CLASSIC mode

Why isn't this running on more servers? It seems like simply setting the speed on this mutator in the exact middle between old classic and realism would solve half people's complaints.
  14. GnaM

Adjust rifle damage

That's an interesting statistic, but I'm not sure how closely we can trust it as a source for all rifle FMJ. - M118 LR can fragment within the first 20cm of tissue, it just doesn't do so reliably compared to M855 - shots through 30cm of tissue are uncommon, but not all that rare; all it takes...
  15. GnaM

Adjust rifle damage

On the contrary, all the of sources I've cited state that hydrostatic shock and temporary cavities play a minimal role in incapacitation as compared with permanent cavities, as does other factors you argued, such as gaping exit wounds from ordinary FMJ. "99% if you ask me" is raw hyperbole...
  16. GnaM

This 'hardcode realism' mode

The problem with this thread is that you're making abstract generalizations about a certain kind of player and making abstract counter-arguments, while the truth is that everyone has very specific opinions on the subject which don't fit your generalizations. Moreover, your generalizations about...
  17. GnaM

RO2 Ammo + Ppsh Drum & Stick mags

I agree on all counts.
  18. GnaM

RS Rising Storm SMGs too powerfull

Right, because because the quality of a game is always proportional to how different each team's weapons are. I'm sorry, did you think you were playing Halo, where the humans get firearms and the covenant get lasers and homing needles? Maybe you thought we were talking Alien vs Predator, where...
  19. GnaM

No, I don't think you read my post. When controlling recoil in real life, your weight alone does most of the work in keeping the weapon steady; that's the entire point of having a stock, and postioning the weapon against your shoulder. The portion of recoil controlled by your weight doesn't...
  20. GnaM

The reason this comment doesn't work is because no one has actually made a convincing argument for why nerfing SMG's is better for gameplay. Balancing weapons on an even scale might make sense if EVERYONE had access to the specialized classes like Assault, but that's not the case. This isn't...