• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. [TW]Mark

Sound Merry Xmas! Modding Support!

After a few years of working out the details in order to make this happen... we have audio modding support. Like, real, live, full on modding. This is in it's early stages and I am sure there will be some hiccups. There are some instructions. Check out the setup guide first. You will need to go...
  2. [TW]Mark

Console Sound cuts out

This is fixed in the new update. At least it should be. Let us know if you are still seeing it.
  3. [TW]Mark

PC Husk sound keeps playing forever

Thanks for the info. I believe I know what is causing it. I will look at it now.
  4. [TW]Mark

PC French localization problems

Classic Briar and Masterson are always English. Regular Briar and Masterson are localized.
  5. [TW]Mark

PC Don't have '3D' sound with latest preview version

The maxchannels setting doesn't do anything anymore. That was legacy from the UE3 sound system. I would double check your sound settings. I would guess it is a virtual surround setting or you are set to a 5.1 system. Have you noticed a drop in center audio volume?
  6. [TW]Mark

PC Desert eagle mag check sound

Thanks! I know exactly what the issue it. I will fix it up.
  7. [TW]Mark

Early beta feedback

Thank you for capturing this! This bug has been vexing me for a week. No one has gotten a clear video of it happening. This will greatly help the trackdown.
  8. [TW]Mark

About weapon sounds...

I actually have that in place for all the weapons. As the volume of the game has crept up (it always happens during development), things have gotten buried. Improving the mix will bring those out. We actually have an incredibly detailed environment system for the guns. Now that we are in the...
  9. [TW]Mark

About weapon sounds...

I keep toying with the idea of adding sliders for each Sub Group: Guns, Zeds, Ambient, Music, VO. Maybe under an "advanced audio" tab. I can't get that implemented in the short term, but it seems like a good idea for the future. I have also gone back and forth on the idea of some basic settings...
  10. [TW]Mark

About weapon sounds...

The single fire (which is the burst, we accurately fire sounds with rounds) was too loud and had too much bottom. I had an old file in the single shot. I am working on a "how we make gun sounds" post. I hope to have it up soon. I am always interested in how the sounds are received by the...
  11. [TW]Mark

About weapon sounds...

Good catch on the burst fire sounding different. That was actually a bug on my end. It will be much improved in a future update. Thanks! It is an actual MP5 we recorded recently. We pump things up a bit to match the KF2 tone.
  12. [TW]Mark

So what are your thoughts about Rae?

Rae's voice. Rae's voice. The actress is Peta Johnson. She was stellar. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1601376/
  13. [TW]Mark

Sound Sound Reverb Info

No. That is a much larger undertaking on our end and AudioKinetic's. We are working on a custom audio solution but for now this will give you more control over the existing assets.
  14. [TW]Mark

Sound Sound Reverb Info

http://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Setting_Up_Map_Audio_%28Killing_Floor_2%29
  15. [TW]Mark

PC Reload sounds play only on right speaker

Reload Sounds Reload Sounds This is a known issue. It is now fixed internally. Not sure what patch it will go out in.
  16. [TW]Mark

PC Audio bug

Sound bug Sound bug I do believe I have found the cause of this and hope to have it out in a patch soon.
  17. [TW]Mark

PC Audio bug

Audio Bug Audio Bug Any chance you can take a look at the your disk access and cpu usage when this happens? Those are streaming files (it reads them off disk as they are used instead of keeping them in static memory).
  18. [TW]Mark

Sound Sound Reverb Info

Reverb Info Reverb Info I am getting a doc together that explains much of this. Should be on the wiki soon.
  19. [TW]Mark

KF 1017: Hotfix Available

Glad you like the new 1911 sounds! The 9mm is next on my list.