• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Early beta feedback

Gladius;n2266454 said:
This red visual effect that indicates that zeds were raged by an albino looks awful. What is even the point of that visual indicator? It's already obvious enough that a zed is raging. This effect just adds to the visual overflow without adding anything useful.

I think they should have like, a subtle red glow or mist to differenciate them, rather than glowing techno zaps

Upvote 0
Regarding how Zeds evade bullets with this new update, perhaps it would be best if those animations were reserved for Suicidal and Hell on Earth? One thing i remember in one interview is that Tripwire didn't want ZEDS to just have more health on higher difficulty levels. Perhaps zed evasion could allow allow the difficulty health/damage modifiers to be toned down?

Scrublord;n2266660 said:

Prior to KF 1033, I actually hated the Medic SMG for this reason. I still think something that was restricted to semi-auto like the Varmint Rifle would be a more professional way of handling bullet-based T1 weapons.

Speaking of the Glock, perhaps instead of the pistol as is, we could have the Triarii stock system?

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2266601 said:
I knew that before the beta, this is why I said SS is completely broken now, need remap.

you are exagerating, on announcement i mentioned that the description was a bit ambiguous, this is one of the ways it could have gone, i was kind of hoping that the counter started going down IF you miss, also going only 1 down, or in scales once past the max bonus, not just right back to 3 ish. as it is is too unrewarding for good aiming, true, but not to the point of the perk being broken, not even close.

Upvote 0
random;n2266612 said:
could you be more specific on what effects do you mean, i'm noticing a different mist effect on the air in the outside on outpost, looks good IMO.

I was replying to this...

Gladius;n2266454 said:
This red visual effect that indicates that zeds were raged by an albino looks awful. What is even the point of that visual indicator? It's already obvious enough that a zed is raging. This effect just adds to the visual overflow without adding anything useful.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2266692 said:
I was replying to this...

yeah, just noticed a bit ago, well thats one of the subjective ones, i think it's a bit too much on the UI extras, i'm ok with the one raging them have it, but all of them is too flashy for me, also while we are at it, is the indicator of zeds behind walls new? never noticed before, i also think its kind of too much help, on the other side it would be fair to players with earing problems, it also kind of takes away from a feature that i was hoping for: improved sound for zeds when behind walls.

Overall i think we are getting too much help from the UI, but the game feels harder now gameplay wise so it evens out somewhat, the boss hp bar options feels like it belongs more on the server side.

Upvote 0
Is it safe to consider gunslinger being broken or is that working as intended? Having no recoil/spread when hipfiring but having it when aiming down sights makes neither sense nor good gameplay. On top of that the automatic weapon switch from „quick draw“ is gone what results in unwanted reloads. And to make the mess perfect there is a bug where manual weapon swapping doesn't work either sometimes. Gunslinger is out of the window at the moment.

Upvote 0
random;n2266694 said:
Overall i think we are getting too much help from the UI

Yeah I think of it has tutorial help. In some games I leave it on and turn it off when I want. I'd rather not be forced to have tutorial help on 24/7. It kills the immersion. I agree it should definitely be an option for people with hearing issues or people who just want it on though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jockenbauer;n2266719 said:
This bugged sound loop is very annoying.

thank you for putting up this. i recorded several games for a few minutes last night but the ingame sound wasnt clear enough to proof the point of this bug.
the game is unplayable like this for me because its so loud.i get headaches after 2 minutes of having to hear it.
i hope this will be fixed asap

Reactions: Jockenbauer
Upvote 0
Mark

the sound loop stayed on for me several time yesterday even after quiting to the main menu and joining another server. once back in the menu it was gone but as soon as i hit another server it was back right from the ingame join menu. dunno if thats any help

p.s. it seems to be an issue for stock maps only as i havent had it once tonite after playing custom maps for a few hours

Last edited:
Upvote 0
having played the beta for a bit now here's my plus and minuses for it....

-the perk itself,

up front iam honest..i havent reached lvl 10 yet.
the new perk isnt special or something iam too hyped about after playing it for a bit.as some others said it seems like a lighter version of the commando perk. the guns are awesome (although personally i dont like the sounds of some of the new guns.iam using a cheap headset so thats maybe why) and feel great to shoot but the perk itself just doesnt add something new. we need a riot shield (destroyable) to charge into incoming hordes and clear a path for your lads!

make it so players have to choose between a t3/4 gun or the shield and it being destroyable so its not OP. it will need some testing to make sure its balanced well of course. overall the perk doesnt add something new,apart from the guns, for me.

-as iam a bit of a perk rascist i cant comment on most of the new changes to them...so ill just skip that and leave it to more knowledgable peeps out here :)

-the biggest issue i have with the beta as it is now is the exploding poison gas cloud crawler...i hate them. perhaps thats a good change because it seems to add more difficulty to the game.but then it doesnt really does it?
it just makes an already hectic round more hectic and forces you to move spot.that might be a good thing for all the anti-holdaspot type of players but me i like a good hectic spot i can make my own with the team and try to controll it efficiently.

-loving the new evasive moves of some of the zeds.and although the stalker has been the bane of my (support) existance i think this addition to the zeds is great and makes for a nice challenge. i used to be able to kill both hans and patrick fairly easy as support but now they move fast to avoid incoming mass damage.and that is a great addition! (it seems hans evades more efficiently than patrick though)

-please remove the glow from alpha clots..you know those guys with special abilities.it just adds to the colour confusion onscreen. you dont need to highlight those any further than the already quite distinguishable albino skin.

-infernal realm..about time this was made an official map :)
i love the theme of it and it was a well deserved 1st in the competition.

-i like the new sound bites you get interacting with things...the trader (and i think stuff in the main menu too)

-the trader UI..yes, i sold many a good gun thinking i was actually buying ammo for it.thats a minor issue though since it just needs a lil getting used to

overall i think you guys are on the right path with KF2 with some perk changes hopefully.
and although i dont agree with some of your decisions i want to thank you for the latest (beta)update

Upvote 0
poultrygeist;n2266872 said:
-the biggest issue i have with the beta as it is now is the exploding poison gas cloud crawler...i hate them. perhaps thats a good change because it seems to add more difficulty to the game.but then it doesnt really does it?
it just makes an already hectic round more hectic and forces you to move spot.that might be a good thing for all the anti-holdaspot type of players but me i like a good hectic spot i can make my own with the team and try to controll it efficiently.

Yeah, it's a cool idea (and I'm someone who likes to find a spot to hold) but their poison lasts for a really long damn time lol.
The zeds seem to flow faster (is it just me?) now and I think they need some balancing

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2266747 said:
Is it safe to consider gunslinger being broken or is that working as intended? Having no recoil/spread when hipfiring but having it when aiming down sights makes neither sense nor good gameplay. On top of that the automatic weapon switch from „quick draw“ is gone what results in unwanted reloads. And to make the mess perfect there is a bug where manual weapon swapping doesn't work either sometimes. Gunslinger is out of the window at the moment.

Even if i would have a lot of fun using it, i think that maybe no recoil at all is too good, one perk is for hip fire and other for ADS. that sounds good, but maybe reduced recoil instead of 0 could be good.
On my part i couldn't be happier that auto weapon switch is gone, hate automatic features on games, but to please the most people i'd love to see option to turn auto switch and auto reload on/off.
It would be great if you could find how that bugs works, on my part i saw a insanily fast reload on gunslinger t1 weapon, but just once, ill try to reproduce.

Im not so sure about the EBR, depends on situation, it could use some extra power but not that much, maybe more stun but not so much as when released, true the aa12 can down an FP with fewer shots, but they are a lot softer now, and its more likely that you'll miss more of those shots than with the ebr on normal circumstances. while we are at it i think that the Xbow could use some tweaks, i find hard to find a place to use it.

Upvote 0
Bluntman420;n2266604 said:
I wouldn't say the class is broken. I will say that rack em up is not worth it at the moment. I will just use tactical reload instead for now.

Well, I am saying its broken not just because of that, SS should kill well big zeds, but currently the only way to kill sc and fp with ss is using railgun (crossbow+m14 is an bad killer) and : it dont have enough bullets to do all the job, and : require a lot of preparation ( crouch, time to aim, etc), compare it with gunslinger now that they fixed it, it can kill in seconds an 6 player Hoe SC with out any previews preparation plus it can kill small zeds and do well kitting. Even the new class SWAT is more efficient to kill big zeds right now. This is why I am seeing each day less SS players in good Hoe teams.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2267242 said:
Well, I am saying its broken not just because of that, SS should kill well big zeds, but currently the only way to kill sc and fp with ss is using railgun (crossbow+m14 is an bad killer) and : it dont have enough bullets to do all the job, and : require a lot of preparation ( crouch, time to aim, etc), compare it with gunslinger now that they fixed it, it can kill in seconds an 6 player Hoe SC with out any previews preparation plus it can kill small zeds and do well kitting. Even the new class SWAT is more efficient to kill big zeds right now. This is why I am seeing each day less SS players in good Hoe teams.

i can somewhat agree to that, but i dont feel that is a new thing, only it's become more noticeable with the beta. there is really two cases for me:

1) on lower difficulties or low player count SS feels stronger than other perks, more so than before
2) on higher difficulties you are kind of in a disadvantage because of zeds having higher mobility and higher number of spawns plus limited ammo.

i do pretty decently with the m14, however i never found a good place for the xbow, i use it sometimes to goof killing zeds by aiming to the floor and recovering the arrow right away with the speed reload, or when i need to kill sc or fp and i cant affor the EBR, but overall its not too great since the arrow is slow and the dmg is not that good for a single shooter.

also different skills do better for different weapons, but not always is the most obvious combination, i'll agree that the SS needs some work, is just that to me at least when i use "broken" when something doesn't work at all.

Upvote 0