• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Techuser

Final Map KF-DeepingWall (Helms Deep)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1130264785 About 50mb Helms deep recreated from scratch as a more accurate version to the movie - not a port of the KF1 map. In wave 3 the wall will explode by a husk and at wave 5 or 6 the rain will stop (along with materials drying over time), in...
  2. Techuser

Level Design A note on fixing landscapes

Posting this here because it's something I haven't read before and maybe it helps TW fixing the problem I had the landscape problem today and the solution that I've read mostly is deleting affected sectors and copying good ones on them - but it doesn't have to do with corrupted sectors per se...
  3. Techuser

Level Design [WIP] Helms deep

Map practically finished but in a troubleshooting phase that could be resolved this week or take more time, so I'm sharing some wip screens in the meantime Things to fix: - The usual landscape problem, not showing materials ingame, I'll leave recreating everything as static meshes as a last...
  4. Techuser

Final Map KF-SlipgateComplex

Remake from Quake E1M1, has most of the secrets from the original with only minor changes to layout, I added a few small connection rooms to the original ones in the second base, also had to use stairs instead of elevators to not break zed pathing. About 90mb uncompressed and 14mb in workshop...
  5. Techuser

Final Map KF-Entryway

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=772927125 40mb uncompressed size ~7mb with workshop compression Non port version of Doom 2 entryway with just minor changes, gameplay is not 100% identical even to prevent grinding too easily (different ground levels with rails in the blue room for...
  6. Techuser

Final Map KF-Asgard

Alternate version of KF-Midgard, the first was based on a real place but had a lot of imagined things I thought were good for gameplay purposes, like a second door in the house and that whole extended rocky corridor, so I made an alternate version that is all faithful to the real place and...
  7. Techuser

Level Design Shadows disappearing at the corner of the screen

This started happening in-game (in the editor it's fine) and I can't find what's causing it, already disabled light rays, fog, ambient light and dominant, tried changing the shadow depth bias, nothing solved it It only appears when looking at certain angles, about 45º away from the dominant...
  8. Techuser

Level Design Anyone else having two sided materials not baking shadows?

The game got a bunch of updates and I'm still stuck with this: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forum/killing-floor-2/technical-support-ae/the-bug-report-ae/119268-did-1024-break-the-baking-of-masked-material-shadows?t=116507 Now I think it's something to do with two sided materials that...
  9. Techuser

Final Map KF-Midgard

This is the first map I publish, it's small but must have taken me around 500 hours having to learn modeling/texturing/uving/everything and udk, it's made over a real location and I also created some photoscanned assets for it. Initially it was just to play with friends that also know the place...
  10. Techuser

Level Design Decals showing default texture ingame

Any ideas why? Must be something to do with packages but I don't know what, they're instances from kf2, but meshes with instances from the game are showing fine, only decals aren't (and the screenshot is from someone else, on mine it shows fine, that's why I think something it's to do with pathing)
  11. Techuser

PC Did 1024 break the baking of masked material shadows?

Since yesterday I havent been able to bake shadows of masked materials, either on clean new test maps or previous autosaves of the one I was working. In UDK forums the only thing I found related to it was regarding an engine version...
  12. Techuser

Level Design Light and shadows inverted after bake

So this happened today, static light wasn't showing anymore after a new bake so I thought maybe I had too many meshes and combined some, still didn't work, then deleted my lighting volume, dominant and skylight, and copied them from a previous version from when everything was fine, result was...
  13. Techuser

Level Design Crash at the end of light build

Viewport turns black for a second after the light build, then it crashes. Things I already tried: reducing lightmap resolution of some meshes by half, deleting all the foliage, switching every stactic mesh channel to both indoor and outdoor then back to outdoor, deleting and remaking the...
  14. Techuser

Level Design Ragdolls/dynamics falling through the ground

Help with this? I have my ground mesh collision set per polygon (the "use simple box collision" unchecked) and everything works fine until enemies dies or actors become dynamic, they all fall through the ground, what should I do? Couldn't see any differences in the properties between my meshes...
  15. Techuser

Level Design Meshes turn black after light build (not lightmap issue)

Any guesses? Is this a bug? Seems to be happening at random with copy of meshes, both with my imported ones and with the games ones
  16. Techuser

Level Design Help with foliage not being applied

Anyone knows why the foliage brush wouldn't show on meshes that I have imported myself (ground meshes)? The brush shows up on top of debris meshes that I placed from the game, but not on mine, even with collision (simple box unchecked) and with all built, the foliage placement filters are ticked...
  17. Techuser

Level Design Position problems between 3DS and UDK

There are three terrain meshes in front of the house that get disaligned from everything inside udk (everything is at 0,0,0), any ideas about what could be happening? Also they're the only meshes that aren't getting imported with their materials on, everything else shows up with materials...
  18. Techuser

3D & Animation 3Dcoat problem

I imported a mesh to UV and paint in 3Dcoat but it's just letting my painting from the inside of the mesh, the faces that aren't even rendered in max and udk. Any ideas? Not sure if it's related but udk imports my .fbx upside down, I did the poor fix of turning the meshes upside down in max...
  19. Techuser

Level Design [WIP]Doom entryway (not a port)

It's my first time doing this so it probably will take long to finish, I still have to learn UV mapping, texturing and everything, also I'm taking a bit of artistic freedom so it's not a 100% port (no green corridor walls). Here's what I got done since last week, the whole geometry has 2600 tris
  20. Techuser

Level Design Size discrepancy between max and UDK

I exported a modular mesh from udk to max and made mine using the same proportions, all good in max using 1uu=1cm, but then back in udk my new mesh gets super small, what am I missing?