• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. M

Tactics Spawning On Squad Leader

Anyone figure out the paradigm yet? I know you can't spawn on SL in enemy cap zone, but after that, it seems to be hit and miss.
  2. M

Have You Noticed?

That your avatar's canned voice will tell you how effective you are? "I got him!" "He's pinned!" "You're a Carebear!" Etc. The god of Fog of War is dieing a terrible, agonizing death.
  3. M

Demo Charges Stick To Door And Window Frames

Is this on purpose?
  4. M

The Power Ups Are Out In Force!

Seems like everyone had a MKB or SVT last night, including me of course. Oh, you poor noobs, the cruel tutelage of Pei Mei is upon you.
  5. M

Of Heroes, and Deeds

Reading it all, it seems that heroes will be those who log the most time in game. I've been wondering about a different hero paradigm. Having played the game for a while, I have been party to, and party of, heroic deeds. The person who does heroic action in RO has no special perks, they're...
  6. M

Persistent Bodies

Yes 10char
  7. M

Actual Platoon Loadouts

I think it would be a huge addition to immersion if loss of key "platoon weapons" had an impact on a team, as it would irl. Platoons did not have an endless supply of LMG and HMG units. Thus, their employment was conservative, and strategic instead of immediately applicable to the tactical...
  8. M

Beta Testers?

If yes, please sign me up.
  9. M

Tactics Placing Smoke, And Friendly Fire Lanes

Smoke is great, but be aware of your team's firing positions. If you MG is set up denying enemy reinforcements getting into cap zones, don't place smoke in a way that will block his line of fire. Other thoughts on smoke?
  10. M

Variable Dependent Reinforcements

The guys who played Advanced Squad Leader (those who are old enough) may recognize this. What if certain capture points opened up new reinforcment opportunites? For example: In Tractor Works, what if capture of the monument allowed a new type of tank to enter the reinforcement pool, and/or...
  11. M

Tables of Equipment

One of the things that I think would add loads to the immersion factor is to ahve Tables of Equipment. If 100% of a reinforcement list is considered to be a company of men, then the equipment should match. For example (not historically accurate, bear with me), if a company was made up of four...
  12. M

First Error Message

Appears at Red Orchestra Splash screen, before the tripwire logo comes up. Have never had problems before now: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2402 MHz with 2046MB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT...
  13. M

Idel Servers, and Why- One Player's Opinion

I am on the West Coast of the USA, and I was overjoyed when I found that there were servers provided to us. My joy turned to dismay when I saw that these were vote servers. Danzig and Stalingrad, over and over, so many great maps never played, the game got stale real quick, and I was forced to...
  14. M

Tripwire Dev's Servers

Thanks so much for setting these up! I get good pings to UK/Europe, but it sure is nice to be able to play 50 players with a great ping! Thanks so much for setting these up. Some requests: 1: Add the other great maps of RO: The kurlands and Snowy FOrests, Lazur, etc. 2: Take away vote...
  15. M

Unknown Steam Error

Trying to log into servers, and I an error msg similar to this. Reinstalled, same thing. Comp is clean. Any ideas?
  16. M

RO Says I don't have a video card!

teh? Anyone else? Happened after latest patch. Please help.
  17. M

My Mane is Monster, and I take a Long Time to Load

Great game, but because I seem to take longer than an average time to load (my computer is high end and I am on broadband) I don't always get a fair chance to try all the weapons offered by the game. Machine gun, commander, and sniper are *always* taken. I NEVER have a chance to play anything...
  18. M

Guide to All Button-Press Communication?

I notice some tank commanders saying "Forward 5 metres" and such, but can't figure out the key stroke. Is there a guide somewhere that tells all of the different communication keystrokes?
  19. M

German Auto-Rifle Accuracy

Is the accuracy lacking on this weapon? It doesn't seem to have the same aiming paradigm as the KAR98. Anyone else notice this, or am I trippin'?
  20. M

Newb Questions

Hey folks I have a few questions I was hoping folks could help with. 1: Grenade Throwing How do you cook a grenade? Is the distance a grenade is thrown controled by how long you hold down on the mouse button? 2: Channels I notice messages that "so and so left channel x". I assume...