• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Variable Dependent Reinforcements

monster

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2006
The guys who played Advanced Squad Leader (those who are old enough) may recognize this.

What if certain capture points opened up new reinforcment opportunites?

For example: In Tractor Works, what if capture of the monument allowed a new type of tank to enter the reinforcement pool, and/or allowed reinforcements from a different area, representing the movement of the entire (albiet unseen) battle line, or the opening of a path for a new battalion?

Our spawn points do move up, but dependent reinforcements would actually bring in new equipment entering from new points of the map.

This may also be a solution to having accurate numbers of MG, SMG, and Semi reinforcements. All out of MGs because your platoon only had 4? Cap a new location and a new paltoon enters the battlefield.

Thoughts?

Conceptually you can add new vehicles with each capture point or some script activated by event X. Just like moving spawns. I had similar thoughts about being able to turn on/off classes for players. I would, in some scenarios, like to be able to allow 'tanker' classes to open only after a certain event/capture. This theory, as an example, would be for a large map where one team would push through several defensive belts, first you want all your defensive team players as infantry and manning AT guns for say the first two belts, and then after capture X, I want the defending team's counter-attack capability to 'arrive' in the form of a few tanks.

That's the method I would like to see implemented. It may be possible with code, I just don't know at this point as I haven't gotten to that scenario on my development list. You can certainly not spawn tankers now but using the spawn area managers, but how do you lock out the class until the appropriate time? No point having six guys select tanker but have no where to spawn...which the game would spawn them anyway at the first available team spawn so there you go...no solution.

Thoughts?

Upvote 0