• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Shurek

US Embassy Returning to Pariserplatz

Some news from the eastern side of the pond on this Independence Day. Happy Fourth of July to my fellow Yanks :) Hoist a beer (or three) and fire off them 'crackers! http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aEwb8p8kPHy8&refer=worldwide Now, I feel guilty about having put a 152mm...
  2. Shurek

2D Art Help: Trying to make glass/windshield

Howdy, I'm hoping one of you texture artists/2D art gurus can help me out with some information on how to create a proper glass texture. I imagine it goes a little something like this. First, you lay down a transparent alpha layer. Next on top of that you add a diffuse layer (or layers) with...
  3. Shurek

What will it take to save RO?

Building off of {CORE}Steven's thread "RO Community State", and assuming for a moment that RO is heading for an imminent dirt nap, what in your opinion would it take to revive community interest in the game at this stage in the product's life cycle? As a person who's spent a great deal of his...
  4. Shurek

[Image] Need Help: Kharkov Vokzal

Hello all, I would like to enlist the community's assistance in helping me track down images of Kharkov's main vokzal (train station) for a little project that I'm working on right now.;) Pre-war and wartime photos are scant it seems and that's what I need most. Since the station was almost...
  5. Shurek

[NSFW] Say it isn't so!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN2319603620080423?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=22&sp=true
  6. Shurek

[Error] Bots Gone Wild!

Recently, I've encountered a major problem on my system when testing out maps in practice mode. Usually, I have the game rules set such that 0 bots spawn at the beginning of the round, and then at some point during my test round, I'll manually add bots using the console command...
  7. Shurek

3D & Animation Skeletal Meshes and Sound

Not sure which part of the forum to put this, so I'll park it here... Does anyone know if the meshes for the vehicles occlude sound effects??? I know that BSP and Static Meshes can "block" sound, especially ambient, but I'm not sure about skeletal meshes. Just curious...;)
  8. Shurek

Another Mapping Contest?

This one is addressed primarily to the folks over at TripWire. Any plans to sponsor another map contest this year? There have been some darn good custom maps released from the community since Xenny won for Smolensk in last year's battle royale. Just a thought to get the community psyched up...
  9. Shurek

Level Design Terrain Heightmap and Layer - File Sizes?

I'm trying to determine what the likely final file/download size of a map will be by understanding how much disk space certain sizes of G16 heightmaps and layers take up. For example, I set up a template for a map with a 512 X 512 sized heightmap and just with the heightmap (no base terrain...
  10. Shurek

Code Role Specific Starts

For an upcoming map, I'm looking to have a bit more control over where I spawn specific player roles. For example, I would want all Soviet sapers to spawn in an area completely separate from the tankers and riflemen. It does not appear that the standard ROSpawnArea configurations allow for...
  11. Shurek

Level Design What ever happened to Drevlin?

You know, the master of Unreal lighting and maker of RO-Zavod? :( Just curious...
  12. Shurek

3D & Animation WIP: Stug III F/8 - late model

Hello, After about a week of messing around with TWI's vehicle code and the animation browser, I've come up with a late production version of the StuG III F/8 (long barrel) assault gun. Of course, it's based on RO's standard StuG (striped version), so I can't claim to have pulled off any...
  13. Shurek

Code Compiling Error - New Vehicle Texture

I've created a new vehicle texture and I've gone through all of the correct steps to make the various extended subclasses (Cannon, CannonPawn, etc). All of these files were put into a Classes folder in a custom package folder (FallBlauCustom). I imported the new texture 'Stug3_ext_dunkelGD' into...
  14. Shurek

Code Trying to modify ROProjectile/PanzerFaustRocket

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to modify (or create a new sub-class) based on the existing Inventory.Classes.PanzerfaustRocketProjectile. Basically, I am trying to make a MortarRocketProjectile class. There aren't many changes I'd like to do. See below. But in...
  15. Shurek

Level Design Sneak Peak: RO-Altdamm

RED ORCHESTRA: OSTFRONT 1941-1945 WIP: RO – ALTDAMM: Pomerania 19 March, 1945 PRESENTED BY: SHUREK* (see “Special Thanks” and a Request at the bottom) Description: Rokossovky’s 2nd Byelorussian Front started its offensive in Pomerania on 1 March, 1945. In a desperate fighting withdrawal...
  16. Shurek

3D & Animation German mortar mesh

Does anyone know which model/type is being depicted for the static mesh of the German mortar in the MilitaryAxis package? I'm trying to do some research on the specs for minimum/maximum range and power of the shell used, etc. Thanks!:D
  17. Shurek

Level Design Editor Crash - Terrain Size?

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this problem. I've been using the editor pretty extensively for the last 6 months, so I would hardly call myself a noob. But I've run across something now that has me frustrated. I built a height map of 64 X 128 (scale of 256X256X128) and applied a...
  18. Shurek

Editor is crashing

I'm hoping that someone can help me with this problem. I've been using the editor pretty extensively for the last 6 months, so I would hardly call myself a noob. But I've run across something now that has me frustrated. :mad: I built a height map of 64 X 128 (scale of 256X256X128) and...
  19. Shurek

2D Art Animating Foliage

Does anyone know if the RO version of the Unreal Ed allows for shader based static mesh movemet? I'm posting this here since the solution would most likely be a material based one rather than 3D or animation based. What comes to mind is the birch tree mesh in Baksan Valley which uses an...
  20. Shurek

3D & Animation Trying to export model

Hi all, Is there any way to export a model - say, for instance, an oil barrel - from one of the RO Static Mesh packages to an outside application like Maya? I can't seem to find an Export option under File in the Static Mesh browser, like there is in the Texture brower. I'm just getting...