Role Specific Starts

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Shurek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
www.darkesthourgame.com
For an upcoming map, I'm looking to have a bit more control over where I spawn specific player roles. For example, I would want all Soviet sapers to spawn in an area completely separate from the tankers and riflemen.

It does not appear that the standard ROSpawnArea configurations allow for that level of control, so I was thinking about coding a modified version and placing it in the myLevel package.

The question is (probably to Ramm or Teufelhund): would I only need to change the ROSpawnArea coding or are there other classes that I would need to modify in conjunction with this to make that happen, such as the RoleInfo actors or others?

Thanks!

D3terioNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Wow nice idea!

Or even letting stroleks spawn first and reach the front first to take on other German riflemen!

Then as soon as the first objective is taken (coded to be taken easily by the side that eliminates the others first, so not too long) the smg'ers mgers move ahead!

The losing team all respawn together quite a long way back, while the mgers & snipers join the game to hold the ground won! This would be quite a vast space of city ruin or a destroyed village.

Now if only I could map... :(

Last edited:

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
spawn code is hell, i would advise everyone to stay away from it :X

and you would need a new gametype, spawning is handled in there

(i've done something similar to what you want for CC recently)

Shurek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
www.darkesthourgame.com
Worluk,

So you are saying the need to create a new gametype would in essence make my map into a mini-mod b/c so many native elements would be affected?

Last edited:

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
no, the server would need to run your gametype instead of the ROTeamGame one.
Also, you would have to make your own spawnarea actors