• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. catfish@rock

Just Bought The Game...

I was just like you a kid with new toys when I first played RO2. Then came the easiest weaponhandling, superhuman movement, cracking sound, dipping FPS, stuttering gameplay. Hope you can get through these or not bothered by those like most core gamers and new comers. Welcome.
  2. catfish@rock

The weapons sounds seem too weak

First mp40 was recorded in the woods where there are many trees that mp40 sound can bounce off of, which would make gun sound louder than open area with no objects. Second mp40 was recorded in rather open area and there's heavy wind blowing, making mp40 sound much weaker as the heavy wind...
  3. catfish@rock

RO2: Ostfront 1941-1945 (or Heroes of the Eastern Front)

This written entirely to help you with your curiosity. For stupid enough reasons I put vast amount of hours into fps games than most average players and I can say that I have more experience with fps game than most average gamers, which gave me better..insight on choosing what games are better...
  4. catfish@rock

Anyone else waiting?

and what's your spec? It is widely accepted fact tha ro2 is fine specimen of well optimized game. I don't have to go over all the boring repeated fps spikes, fps drop in smg, mg's fired, stupidly over the top texture sizes. Let's not be blind defender at least.
  5. catfish@rock

Insignificant individual opinion

I never would have thought ro2 being this much lame. (an opinion with a bit of exaggeration) This was the first pre order and now with easy arcady aiming, superhuman movements, bugs, performance drop, weird forum page bug preventing me from posting an opinion. I didn't pay 40 bucks...
  6. catfish@rock

Anyone else waiting?

I never would have thought ro2 being this much lame (an opinion with a bit of exaggeration) When even ro1 vets make comeback, that's the time if someone asks.
  7. catfish@rock

Anyone else waiting?

I never would have thought ro2 being this much lame. ( an opinion with a bit of exaggeration) When even ro1 vets come back, that's the time if someone asks.
  8. catfish@rock

Which game do I get

RO2 was very disappointing pre order choice of my yearly purchase. I strongly recommend you to get BF3 or COD MW3, and if you want blowing MP experience, you can never go wrong with those titles. However if you still insist to buy this crappy, bugg fest, arcady game design let down which let...
  9. catfish@rock

This game is AWESOME!!

I agree RO2 being a little bit harder than most COD clones in basic, though steep learning curve doesn't seem to be a suitable term for v game with arcady features like 2 second magic bandage ride, superhuman prosthetic arm accuracy, superhuman lung control. Usually games with steep learning...
  10. catfish@rock

BF3 vs RO2

than BC2 were -> than BC2 where BC2 has better sound quality system than most recent FPS games which definitely utilizes sound card and 3d sound system, while ro2 has xaudio2 which can't even get sound card to process the sound, and frequently has no footstep sound bug. In BC2 if you miss...
  11. catfish@rock

Considering buying RO2.

You're twisting the fact. Soldiers are running with some kilos of equipment, long heavy rifle. Actual soldiers can't move always smooth and top speed all the time under bullet flying stressful situation ever so efficiently all the time. RO2 soldiers move ever so fast and smoothly, and I...
  12. catfish@rock

This game is AWESOME!!

Though there might not have been many vets voluntarily vocaling out their opinions of discontent, but their actual abandonment says their dissatisfaction indirectly. I know, and can understand. at the same time was just pissed.
  13. catfish@rock

Considering buying RO2.

Some of points I agree, though it's tougher to run longer in cold weather than in normal temperature. When I was in army pt session, it's called 3 mile run. In cold winter days, it's a lot harder to breath, so more difficult to run. In normal weather, it's much easier. Short running would...
  14. catfish@rock

BF3 vs RO2

mine stopped at 151 hour on steam. I uninstalled it out of frustration. well, if we can meet to dual...in any good fps that would be most convincing however I am just one of the POed fps gamers. In some fps I could do better than average, in most fps, little above average and can pose...
  15. catfish@rock

This game is AWESOME!!

my main purpose was to show there are many gamers like myself who didn't like the way ro2 took. You say you're ro vets but how many of them are left now unlike the expectation?
  16. catfish@rock

This game is AWESOME!!

What are you trying to say? Your claims don't have reasoning behind them. It's just tiring to explain more, most vets except few here left ro2. Let's leave it at that.
  17. catfish@rock

This game is AWESOME!!

If any knowlegeable gamer countered my opinion with proper reaon I would be surprised. But you too...are just..
  18. catfish@rock

BF3 vs RO2

Not to mention you're getting off the subject you didn't answer my question. Did you have experience with ARMA2 or GRAW2 pc? original subject Originally Posted by the_Monk No.....games have "clunky" movement because of crappy game engines. Again off the subject, original topic was not...
  19. catfish@rock

BF3 vs RO2

You must not have experience with GRAW 2 pc nor ARMA 2 pr. ARMA 2 tries its hardest to accurately simulate soldiers' behavior and they are slow and clunky. Buggy game pissed off niche, casual gamers alike. It's a matter of preference but I don't like arcady design more. Again, kid...
  20. catfish@rock

BF3 vs RO2

RO1 was basically torturing near combat simulation??.... game that eliminate arma2's boring pre combat stuffs. That's why it originally got praised for and that's one of the reason TWI can be started as a company. Basically ro vets are ppl who like these kind of stuffs and when ro2 became...