• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. L

Bolt Action Shooting on the Move

First of all, I cannot hit anything with a bolt even using iron sights. But i notice sometimes I am killed by someone at mid range and they are moving and the weapon is at the hip. Is this just a time lag on my computer and I am not seeing that they are actually using the iron sights? Or are...
  2. L

Level Design Beach Assault Idle BS

Love Beach Assault map, but really pissed off playing tonight. Playing German on defense, twice I was kicked for being idle when I was in good position holding off Russians with the MG. Map designer needs to fix this. I expect Idle kicks on Run and Gun Call of Duty. But not a game that is...
  3. L

Berezina Night

High Score Sign of Good Team Player High Score Sign of Good Team Player Interesting you talk points. The other day I was playing and mid way in game started sharing tankwith this one guy. A couple times and he began to start *****ing over the net about my "wasting tanks." You see, I...
  4. L

Level Design Oral w/ Berizina Design Approach

I have greatly enjoyed Oral since it came out. But now that I see maps like Berizina, I would love to see Oral modified similarly. The problem in my opinion is that Orel is so large that with the size of the force, you are fighitng one or two tanks engagements. The map is a huge sandbox with...
  5. L

Level Design Berzina

Ok, think map is not great, it is outstanding. Would love map maker to bring some of his other maps from COD UO over to RO. But one small little gripe. Yes it is authentic to have most tankers only have pistol, but most tankers in real life are part of a tank crew. In this game, it is hard to...
  6. L

Beta Map [Beta 1] RO-Berezina

Great Map Great Map Enjoyed playing this map on CoD UO. Played it last night and it looks more fantastic here. The slogan "Others make maps, you make battlefields" is very true with this map. Appreciate the hard work on this map and look forward to enjoying it. Would love to see the...
  7. L

Tactics Teams of Tanks

Playing Black Days, i have noticed that the most effective way to operate is to move and work in teams of either 2,3, or 4 tanks together. Should not be surprised, that is the way a tank unit operates in real life. In a team with enemy coming at you in piece meal fashion, a section or platoon...
  8. L

What is the craziest free-week tactic you have seen?

Beating Down the Doors Beating Down the Doors Russians in Stalingrad trying to melee/beat open the doors that must be satchel charged.
  9. L

Well, that's quite alot of servers

Wow Wow Man, cannot wait to get offwork and get home. Looks like the girlfriend will be on hold and it will be a night of RO and Beck's beer :)
  10. L

The tank combat is outrageous.

I am no tank expert. But I think what the gentleman is refering is that a hit on the flank at an angle seems to make the tank invulnerable or at least more so than a hit directly head on against the frontal armor which is suppose to be the strongest armor on a tank. I played Arad last night...
  11. L

Level Design [Preview] RO-Berezina

thought thought On the defense line, I read once that the Russians would prepare positions forward of their main line with the firing position looking back to their line. So the position is concealed from the advance of the enemy and they move past it and the position opens on them from...
  12. L

European Front?

Have It All Have It All My dream would be to have a FPS that allows the customer to EASILY create scenarios and engagements from any war he wants. I would like to see the game developers create the basic engine, create soldier and equipment models for all the fronts and even other wars, and...
  13. L

Level Design DarkJuly vs Orel

BDJ and OREL BDJ and OREL I like both maps. But I think BDJ permits more engagements with enough tanks to simulate a unit of tanks going into battle as you read about during this war. In OREL you have much more terrain for the same number of tanks so that you can end up with little one and...
  14. L

Level Design Thanks

As a user, want to thank all those who have been working on the new maps. Realize it is alot of work. It has been great to be able to move to these new maps and enjoy them, and I for one take my hat off to you for the work you have done. I especially compliment the developer of Orel and the...
  15. L

Positive Feedback ! ! !

This was my experience as well. After playing this game for a while, I went back to CoD 2. It just seemed like a joke to me after playing this game and the realism contained in it. Think there is alot of potential in this game that is yet to be tapped. I like the combined arms, but think it...
  16. L

Level Design Black July

Great Map Great Map Played it last night. Great map. Like another said, it is not too small like Arad and not too big either. I like this map and also Orel. It would be great when we can get to 64 players so we can bring enough infantry in the game as well.
  17. L

Level Design [Preview] RO-Berezina

Great Great This looks fantastic, can hardly wait!
  18. L

Tank Commander Binos

Thanks Thanks Will try it out. Thanks.
  19. L

Tank Commander Binos

How How I tried as I do when dismounted and it did not work. Am I doing something wrong?
  20. L

Tank Commander Binos

Map like Orel shows real need to allow tank commander to use his binos from the commander's hatch.