• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. G

why not all map

I find that really ironic because FallenFighters is probably the least 'run&gun' friendly map out there :D
  2. G

a sad but true story.

If >< f4ct0r...13 was posting hateful rhetoric that's a problem but... wanting realistic experience out of a game that's marketed as realistic doesn't mean he/she can't go out and enjoy totally unrealistic game that's correctly advertised and built well around the whole surrealism.
  3. G

No one playing Countdown and Classic modes

Then don't bring up (yeah you brought up BF series) lies about other franchises you don't know squat about. That's an impossibility in the world of Cpt-Praxius.
  4. G

Medic starts with med kit in BF3. It takes 4000 points to unlock the first item for each class, which is the class utility item... according to the stats, I get 843.458 scores per minute. I'll be generous and say... 400 scores per minute. Bam, 10 minutes you got that gear. Even in BC2 wtf...
  5. G

You have got to be kidding me on BF3 (won't comment on CoD because last one I played was MW2 and that was very casually for about 3 days). The amount of time it takes to get those class specific items is about 10 minutes of playing in CQB map or 20 minutes on larger open maps. Are you really...
  6. G

a sad but true story.

Whaaa no way, what that guy achieves in that video is much closer to ADS with pistol than hipfire in RO2, because in RO2 'free-aim' makes hipfire a whole another difficulty of shooting because all the bodily instinct that one has when you hipfire IRL is completely lost in the game (except for...
  7. G

a sad but true story.

Isn't that kind of more uber than what RO2 avatars are capable of? This guy is basically moving at RO2 jogging speed while ADSing and landing accurate shots with pistol on multiple targets :D
  8. G

a sad but true story.

Yes indeed. Gamers (or just about any civies) in general have this really strange expectation that fighting with guns is drawn out affair with pretty sparks and tracers flying all over for combatants to admire. Exposed targets will be killed very fast. That's one aspect that I love about...
  9. G

a sad but true story.

Nobody said that everyone who was unhappy with RO2 wanted a re-skinned RO1. It's just that some people wanted re-skinned RO1 and they were very vocal about it on this forum. But words like "SPIRIT of RO1" is so vague you can't blame the other party for misinterpreting it.
  10. G

And if wind would affect the projectile trajectorie?

Keep in mind added complication to ballistics will come at cost. That's why I'm with Tummel, it just won't add much to current scheme of things where average engagement range is 50 ~ 150m. Although it would be hilarious if the engine supported it then someone makes an arcady mutator out of it...
  11. G

Hold Style ADS

Edit: Wow and lol, Moskeeto was right not sure how I overlooked that in the option... but it still has the MG deployment bug :(
  12. G

Map Roaming = Lonewolf incentive

It won't just restrict egotistical players though... it'll simply restrict everyone into more confined area. If anything, restricting player movement into smaller, more confined area actually attracts the crowd that just wants some thoughtless shootout (nothing wrong with that crowd as I too...
  13. G

Map Roaming = Lonewolf incentive

Limited covers and high density of combatants (on 64 players servers anyway) leads to few very obvious attack paths that are camped and turned into meat grinder. People should be encouraged to cooperate because cooperation itself should net the reward through better performance. This sort of...
  14. G

Axis Greatcoats ...

I hope it's implementation of advertised features, like online multiplayer campaign. A grand campaign over entire Stalingrad would have been amazing and would make lot of quirk balance issues with individual maps lot more forgivable due to this extra meta game that involves all the maps.
  15. G

Oulus Rift VR integration?

Hard to say anything tangible on the subject since they are having a kickstarter for development kit. It'll be a while before the thing will be ready for us consumers.
  16. G

Oh my god, why the map changes?

War isn't a game/hobby either. It's something that's at best endured.
  17. G

Bet I'm in a Minority here when...

IMO that's the wrong way to go. A game should just let the users input whatever stupidity they want, then show realistic result of their stupidity. Not bar the stupidity for arbitrary reasons (only exception is computing power because well, nobody has the luxury of infinitely powerful computer...
  18. G

Bet I'm in a Minority here when...

Korn-Y, so you want to have unrealistic weapons for balance issues?
  19. G

New content, paid DLC maybe?

Well I disagree with the logic of throwing more money to make development time faster, because programming is not that simple where bunch of new guys can just start churning out productive work from the start. However, sooner or later supporting RO2 will be work that gets TWI no income. We...
  20. G

suppression is too much

I just don't get the color desaturation with double vision... The aim twitch, higher sway and inability to 'zoom' seem sensible way to simulate fear/shock, but why do I have to experience some drug induced tripping...