• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. V

The Return of Map Orchestra - Red Orchestra Mapping Resource

It is with great pleasure that I announce my intent to revive the Red Orchestra mapping/modding resource, Map Orchestra! For those of you unfamiliar with Map Orchestra, it was a community-driven website offering free hosting for Red Orchestra maps, mods, mutators, and just about anything Red...
  2. V

Help build an RO Wiki!

In order to help make Map Orchestra a little more useful, I've started a RO Wiki Basically, I'd like to see pretty much everything from the support forums, and tweak threads put into the wiki, as well as RO SDK tips and solutions, general gameplay tips and terms, maps, vehicles, weapons, etc...
  3. V

Yakety Sax! It's Stabbity Time!

With all the RO movies playing lately, I figured, I'd throw up this short video of a particularly bad session of some Stabbity action on Danzig... To Yakety Sax, (Benny Hill). Enjoy. http://maporchestra.com/images/stabbity.mpg
  4. V

Sniped on Danzig - A Red Orchestra video

The friendly guy at Map Orchestra has put together this video of some sniping on Danzig. You can view it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMKISxVdjNM I'll look at making a lower resolution one for "less-than-high-speed" viewers... Edit: Low-Res version...
  5. V

Compare Tanks - Community Member Project

I'd bet someone could do this up in java really easily. Basically, a method for comparing tanks side by side, using data from the tank datasheets. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just the bargraphs displaying the ratings. Ideally, you could compare up to all the tanks at once, and sort by...
  6. V

Improvements to Grid and Mapping Locations

I was playing earlier, and I kept shouting "Tank! Tank!" and people kept asking where, so here are my suggestions: Improve the grid/location names by either: A. Adding the grid position to the location name: VelcroWarrior (Central Farm [B6]: I need Help! B. Having an option to display either...
  7. V

Map Orchestra Logo History

View the progress of the Map Orchestra logo (and my photoshop skills)
  8. V

Level Design Important Poll: zip vs 7zip on Map Orchestra

I'm considering compressing all maps on Map Orchestra using 7zip compression; It provides a higher compression than zip. This would allow me to significantly cut my bandwidth usage. Since Map Orchestra is a free site, with no advertisements or outside income (and I'd like to keep it that way)...
  9. V

My story of the week

This actually goes for last week, but anyway... I was on Rakowice, functioning as Sapper, utilizing the PPSH. I ended up at the small bunker by the bunker objective when I caught sight of a German moving towards the hanger. I fired; expending the last few rounds in the magazine. I pulled...
  10. V

It's time for me to show you mine! M38 & M44 Action Videos!

I took my M38 and M44 out with some friends a few weeks ago, and we took some video. The MN 91/30 was present, but out of commission at the time due to some loose parts. When people say these things shoot fireballs, they're not kidding. Seriously. Click on the picture or the link to open up...
  11. V

Prone Animation issue

If crawling down a steep hill (I did not check to see if it did the same going up one) the first person prone animation jumps up as if you're crawling on a level surface, instead of angling down to the slope. It's really noticeable on steep slopes, and since it bumps your screen up, rather...
  12. V

Level Design RO Modification and Ostfront Map Poll

It has been suggested that I remove all Red Orchestra modification maps so that no one just ports a map over. My idea was to originally leave all content up indefinately, but I'm looking for opinions and suggestions. My reasoning was for the individuals who cannot yet play Ostfront because...
  13. V

Level Design Creating a Map for Red Orchestra? Need a Place to Host It?

If you're working on a map, model, texture, tutorial, video, sound clip, or just about anything Red Orchestra related, I encourage you to check out Map Orchestra. Upload any and all things Red Orchestra related to a nice, well known, ad-free site, absolutely free of charge. Host your...