• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO Modification and Ostfront Map Poll

RO Modification and Ostfront Map Poll

• Yes; Remove all modification maps.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • No; Keep the maps!

Votes: 35 63.6%

• Total voters
It has been suggested that I remove all Red Orchestra modification maps so that no one just ports a map over.

My idea was to originally leave all content up indefinately, but I'm looking for opinions and suggestions.

My reasoning was for the individuals who cannot yet play Ostfront because they run linux, Mac, or for any other reason. They also serve as a stepping stone to show how far RO has come.

Your input is much appreciated.

Direct ports won't be all that easy since for retail, as the curious has probably noticed, the art packages have been rearranged (and alot of the old Mod art just doesn't exist anymore).. and as Ramm stated (and should be in the unoffical FAQ), the level scale is slightly different.

Any direct port, in order to retain the mod level of playability (regardless how you feel about it), would need some tweaking and testing to the point that the porter might as well just redo the level.

Velcro: My opinion would be to retain the Mod level content until the mod essentially dies. (ie: few/no players)

Upvote 0
UncleDrax said:
Direct ports won't be all that easy since for retail, as the curious has probably noticed, the art packages have been rearranged (and alot of the old Mod art just doesn't exist anymore).. and as Ramm stated (and should be in the unoffical FAQ), the level scale is slightly different.

honestly changing package names and scaling the level can be done in all of ten seconds, thats why i was a little concerned..

Upvote 0
FlashPanHunter said:
The port process is trickier than you guys are guessing, and not paying attention usually equals an editor crash. Hopefully this prevents spurious ports:). Seriously, I don't know about removing stuff from Map Orchestra but I'm really hoping that when the SDK comes, people think to the future and not to the past.

If I were to remove the maps, which I'm planning not to, I'd keep them archived anyway in case anyone ever did want them again.

Upvote 0