• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My story of the week

This actually goes for last week, but anyway...

I was on Rakowice, functioning as Sapper, utilizing the PPSH.

I ended up at the small bunker by the bunker objective when I caught sight of a German moving towards the hanger. I fired; expending the last few rounds in the magazine. I pulled another out of my pouch and began the reloading process. At that same time however, a German ran around the corner, and I found myself face to face with him. I tried to melee, but being in the middle of a reloading process, I could not, so I threw my PPSH to the ground, and was about to attempt to bash him with my panzerfaust that I had accquired, when he picked up my PPSH and proceeded to use against me.

It was entertaining however.

kabex said:
Mine:
I was playing as "riflebuttonly"(character of mine, absolutely no bullets or nades and try to play as a ninja whose only weapon is his riflebutt) on Odessa and managed to riflebutt 4 people on the face in ONE life.

In the entire game it must have been like 20. Awesome. :)

Today on ogledow I bumped into a german rifleman in the farm. We both missed our first shots with the rifles, so I charged him and tried to bash his face in with the butt of the rifle (didn't have the bayo on). We must've danced for a good 10 seconds or more (an eternity), him missing all the shots, and me smacking him repeatedly but seemingly without any effect. I could hear the *thud* of the butt connecting, but he just wouldn't die. Eventually he did die, but if that were a semi-auto or a smg player I would've been toast 2 seconds into my buttsmacking. Was it lag or is it just really hard to kill someone like that?

Upvote 0
i think it takes 2 bashes to kill someone, or 1 hard attack ( holding down the melee button or whatever its called ) on the right place.. on the head for example, ive killed people with a hard butt on the face but they took 1 hard and 1 quick bash to the chest to die so, havent tried 2 quick ones yet, i allways try to do a hard attack

Upvote 0
i think it takes 2 bashes to kill someone, or 1 hard attack ( holding down the melee button or whatever its called )

No such thing as a "hard" attack or a "charged" attack. Even though it may seem like it, it isn't true. One buttsmack to the face will kill someone, even with a pistol if you hit their face. Sometimes it takes two hits because you glanced their head or you hit them in the helmet. I've noticed that the helmet protects you a bit from buttsmacks, as it should.

Upvote 0
Several weeks ago, I was defending on Krasnyi, with my M38. The germans capped the central yard quickly, so I dashed up into the sniper tower, crouched in the second room, and started firing. I went through more than nine clips before dying, cutting quite a swath through the other team :) My thanks goes to my teammate, who bravely sacrificed his life to an enemy round to give me more ammo (several times) ;)

Upvote 0
druid said:
Today on ogledow I bumped into a german rifleman in the farm. We both missed our first shots with the rifles, so I charged him and tried to bash his face in with the butt of the rifle (didn't have the bayo on). We must've danced for a good 10 seconds or more (an eternity), him missing all the shots, and me smacking him repeatedly but seemingly without any effect. I could hear the *thud* of the butt connecting, but he just wouldn't die. Eventually he did die, but if that were a semi-auto or a smg player I would've been toast 2 seconds into my buttsmacking. Was it lag or is it just really hard to kill someone like that?
It's incredibly hard to kill someone with the stock, the game is awkward as hell in this regard.

That's what makes it so satisfying, though. You could have a totally unaware enemy, sneak up to him and NOT hit him at all then he turns around and starts shooting you and you try to dodge and when you kill him it's great.

2 out of 3 times you get killed because of the stupid melee system, though. I've had incredibly easy enemies(from the back, lying prone, etc) and not be able to kill them.

With the bayo it's much easier.

Upvote 0
Great stories all around.

Let me share a quick one as well. I was an avtomachik (ppd40) on Kaukasus (one of my fav maps), I ask someone to go with me to the back route and defend. A couple of guys follow me, I wish it was more, as this is a very vital area.

As soon as I get there, the Germans are throwing nades left and right, I just sit back a little and wait a few seconds. In meantime I spot a guy running up that small cliff path to the hill, I let loose a burst and kill him. At the same time I get up and run to the small opening that leads to the back route from the German side. There is 3 guys there crouching and one seems to be trying to get through as well.

I let loose with my PPD40, killing all 3 of them. I quickly reload, since I spotted some more Germans approaching the entrence to the back route. More grenades fly, but overhead and far behind me, causing me no damage. I spot another guy trying to make it up the path, I take aim and fire a few burst finally taking him down.

All this time I am calling for help, I am all alone defending the back route (32 player server, full). Where the hell is everyone is beyond me, it seemed like half the German team is trying to get through me, so that leaves the other half for mortars. So where the hell is some back up for me, 1 guy or 2 would really help.

At the same time the Germans make another push through the entrence to the back route, this time 2 guys up the path and about 3 through the entrence, its too much. I actually take out the 2 guys on the ground, but the guys on the patch and the 1 guy left light me up. I think they were pissed at me too, they kep firing at my dead body...lol.

It was an awesome game, I held of the Germans practicly all alone for some 5+ minutes. Shortly after my death, the Germans captured the back route, and attempts to re-take it were in vain. I tried and tried to rally some troops, but to no avail. Good game though, very good.

Upvote 0
My story of the week is short......I am a German armed with a STG44 at Konigsburg. I am moving slowly and crawling along the left side looking for Soviets to shoot. All of a sudden a T-34/85 climbs the slight ridge in front of me. It turns towards me...the monster sees me and the beast doesn't bother to MG me....it just starts forward to crush me into the rubble. I spy a slight depression 5 yards in front of me...I desperately crawl forward and lay prone. The monster rolls over me...its dark....I'm dead....but wait the T-34 moves on and I am still alive. I survived a tank over run!

Upvote 0
I was assaulting the right side of the Warehouse in Stalingrad-Kessel when I come through a doorway and face to face with an MG42. He shoots my PPD40 out of my hands as I'm diving to the ground, but I actually manage to grab it off the dirt and kill him with it.

Keep in mind that when I say face to face, I mean very literally 5 meters. I can't believe I survived :)

Upvote 0
Awesome

Awesome

I was in a t34 with {PKV}/Farth behind a small rock hill in south field looking at south village on Arad. He was on mg, I was in turret. I was looking near the hill ahead of the German spawn. Some Germans dropped out of a halftrack near the bridge. A halftrack sped towards the village full of Germans. I got it in one shot and it flipped. After those four kills, the other three Germans by the river made a dash for the village. Farth and I opened fire, and gunned them all down. For the rest of the match, that same situation repeated itself, plus a few knocked out tigers. Overall, I got 37 kills on that t34 turret with Farth. One of my best moments. Absolutely PWND!!!! ;)

Upvote 0
Yesterday I was German assault soldier in Basovka. I attacked the first trench line from the right, by first throwing my grenades. Then I ran to the trenches and got my weapon shot of my hands just as I landed to the trench. In panic I ran through the whole trench line and there were maybe 7 russians their backs on me, fireing the other Germans and I could't do nothing. Then I turnned running towards the command bunker almost getting there and finally got shot in the back. (I think he was chasing me all that time)

Upvote 0
I was playing Bondarevo as a German tanker
I get into a PIII as a driver and a gunner gets in also.

I start driving, go beyond the Farm and keep going, then turn left (close to Bondarevo village) and I see 2 Russian tanks. We had perfect side shots.
We killed 2 and then a third came (he didn't even noticed us)...he died too.
The fourth tank was a little more lucky...he shot us and we lost the engine.
I bailed out...killed a russian tanker with my pistlo (which I believe bailed out from one of the tanks we killed before) and then got killed by a tank :D

Upvote 0