• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. P

Immersion Overhaul Mutator Information

As I said it's not possible, meaning in order for any kind of a modification to work both the server and the client need to run it.
  2. P

Clientside modifications are impossible.
  3. P

I believe that's intentional.
  4. P

That did the trick. Thanks.
  5. P

And where are workshop files saved exactly?
  6. P

My game immediately freezes whenever I try to enter steam workshop to try out the mod. This error message comes up: "Can't bind to a native class. Please verify your game cache integrity via steam and try re-start" I tried verifying, manually downloading the mod and downloading through the...
  7. P

RO2 Proof that the MKb was NOT at Stalingrad

As did most assaults where close combat was expected. The weapons were simply relocated from other units, not only automatics but grenades and explosives to the point where every member had a mp40 and 5-8 grenades. I even once read that in the Netherlands during operation market garden some...
  8. P

Tactics The 'partisan' in game

It seems some of you lot have a bit flawed reading comprehension. He didn't mentioned even once that he was either spawn camping or camping behind spawn points. He's simply occupying the perceived "safe zone" between the spawn and the front. Disrupting enemy reinforcements to the front lines...
  9. P

How to keep squads together

Attempting any form of squad cohesion in this game is akin to herding cats really. The overall movement speed and the fact most maps are designed around choke points with no real ability to maneuver amounts to gameplay where a frantic aggressive approach is rewarded the most and where the...
  10. P

In Country

Looks great, anxious to see more.
  11. P

What We Are Up To - *rumbling*rts

I would wager that it will be instantaneous.
  12. P

COD Ghost and BF4

I think what's ro player trying to say through his mangled english is that the western front is a theater that has been well trodden by a multitude of games unlike the eastern front. That's what I deciphered from his posts at least, which is again moot as FE will focus on the British and...
  13. P

COD Ghost and BF4

Funnily enough, from what I've seen and the general attitude the FE devs are exhibiting would suggest that it's shaping up to be more of a tactical and slower paced experience than RO2 currently is, a true spiritual successor to RO1 you could even say(it's developed by the guys who did Darkest...
  14. P

Medics for Red Orchestra

As far as I know to simulate means to make it as close to the real thing as possible. It would be more appropriate to brand RO2 as tactical shooter than a combat simulator. Why drive my argument ad absurdum? Was just pointing out how the mechanic would make any sense, as it clearly doesn't fit...
  15. P

Multiplayer Campaign WOOOOOOOOT!

People who don't own rising storm won't be booted from the server if a rising storm map get's loaded. It has been already confirmed by the devs, everyone who owns RO2 will be able to play RS, only with certain limitations, like class selection and such.
  16. P

Multiplayer Campaign WOOOOOOOOT!

Wait, is this the beta client or normal?
  17. P

Teamplay / Command Refinements.

One great game that springs to mind when it comes to commander interface is Natural selection 2, where the commander plays the game like an rts, surveys the battlefield from a top down perspective (and sees only what his players see of course.) builds structures and issues orders which are then...
  18. P

How would Red orchestra 2 be if it used Frostbite engine?

Now this is the part I don't understand. BF3 has virtually almost no destruction what so ever, compared to it's predecessor bad company 2.
  19. P

Got stabby

Was reported before too, don't know if TWI actually did something about the matter. Here's the thread and some screenshots illustrating the problem.