• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. F

KF1 Mods That You Want To See In KF2

The only mods I ever used was the "Don't block at trader time" mod and the hunting rifle.
  2. F

Alan Wilson voice actor demand thread

The lines would be horrible without the delivery. There is probably some out there who can do the same or better, but why waste so much in-house talent?
  3. F

Unscientific Pricing Poll - What would you pay for KF2?

I voted $39.99 as pain threshold. That would be the most I have paid for a game in several years.
  4. F

Poll time: Is KF a horror-themed game?

I think Killing Floor should be like listening to Soundtrack for the Apocalypse: Full on over the top action intermixed with anxious anticipation. I found the game a lot more like Army of Darkness than Evil Dead from the onset when I bought it. That was before the first Deadly Xmas. To me, the...
  5. F

Balance Theory - A discussion featuring J* (Not Raging)

I only play Killing Floor occasionally by now, returned for a quick shootout at christmas, playing pubs. They are no better and no worse than always, if you get two players communicating and directing and no more than one idiot around, things usually go pretty well. Otherwise the Fleshpounds...
  6. F

Does KF feel like a memory to anyone else?

While not being a vet by the standards here, I still have some 500 hrs KF playing time. While I can see where the OP is coming from, I think it has more to do with playing a game to death. Eventually, you have done absolutely everything you wanted to, and you no longer feel the urge to boot up...
  7. F

More level 6's playing on Hard

I have played 584 hours, moved to hard after about 50 and just about stayed there. For me, Killing Floor is about chilling with friends and see heads go pop. I need to concentrate far to much on suicidal, and that is not what I want from the game. From the day I played first time it was about...
  8. F

Clans invading Public Servers - Nusiance / Annoyance?

We used to host three servers, but now we are only playing very occasionally. So we stopped. Now we choose an empty server and join with anywhere between two and five players, but we don't kick players to get space for late joiners. We might ask them nicely, but that is another matter entirely...
  9. F

Your favorite character?

I use Harchier Spebbington exclusively. I was tempted by the new scientist, but a friend of mine started using him. Very occasionally, I use Herman the German or the police officer with a gas mask.
  10. F

I don't think that balance is THAT bad (important points, I guess)

Observations playing on Hard: On pistols, I really like that the HC has been consigned to the trash heap. It is the worst choice for a combat handgun in real life, and so it is in KF. It could dish out a bit more damage, but I think I'd still prefer the mk23. The revolver oozes style, and I...
  11. F

I just don't understand why TWI got 2 guns with almost equal stats...

It might be because both weapons are battle rifles shooting the same cartridge? I have long wished for a FAL instead of a SCAR, and variety is the spice of life.
  12. F

IJC pack now an official part of KF

First off, I have not played with the new weapons. Must wait untill kids are sleeping (at least 8 hrs to go), so I cannot comment on the weapons as they are now. But for all the cries of inbalance and OP: Last time the game was seriously unbalanced, TWI took a couple of months with the beta. If...
  13. F

The "What's Worse" poll about SLs and Commander!

I have recently started to take up commander roles, because I would then make sure that arty keeps dropping and recon's up overhead. Other people could definitely do it better, but if I have a round where the TL is not doing anything, I'll go for it next round. I think the gap between bad and...
  14. F

How often do you go 5 for 5 with your bolt-action rifle?

A shoot a lot without hitting anything. A big part of it is that I am an abysmally poor shot, but a more important reason is the suppression factor and the stress it puts on the opposing players that they are under fire. It might force them to make a tactical mistake, and I have never had a...
  15. F

Team work sucks because

I, too, think that chat should be improved. I cannot use mic when the significant other is in the living room, it would be far to annoying for her when she is doing other stuff. Further, when said wife plays, she is in the habit of only using mic on servers where she has admin. It is sadly...
  16. F

The Points System...

I think that the balance in the point system is really good, because it rewards going for cap zones way more than killing enemies. On the other hand, my personal experience is that if there is no point system at all, achieving victory is the only reward and people feel more motivated to work...
  17. F

Does anybody actually want the progression system?

But then again, the forum suffers from heavy bias, so the results might not be that valid. On the other hand, people around here are most likely to keep playing and drag new players into the game. I would like cosmetic unlocks only, but definitely don't feel the unlocks break the game as they...
  18. F

Personalised Uniforms

I think it very much boils down to amount of work on the devs hands. I'd rather want new maps and vehicles, a system to ride on the back of an advancing tank, possibility of putting markers on the overhead map and, you know, game changing stuff. On the other hand, I'd pay for it without...
  19. F

Any tips for sight?

Also, most maps have _a lot_ of good places to hide, and only experience teaches you what places are safe. Conversely, almost any spot you can figure the first many games are the spots where enemy riflemen expect people to show up, and look for it. Once you have fired your gun, the muzzle flash...