• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

RS2V is just COD for BF kids

Now I've got your attention (sorry), I just wanted to do a thread so I can vent on how fed up I am with people banging on how unrealistic or un-hardcore the game is just by harking back to Ro1 or making some skewed comparisons to Battlefield/COD series. Firstly, this idea that Ro1 (OST) was the...
  2. H

Flight stick support

First, I know this is under consideration, I've seen it on the Trello roadmap as in a list of things under considerations, including trackir support etc. I just want to give my view. I think flight-stick support is crucial, post-release to make the helicopter part of the game enjoyable. At the...
  3. H

what exactly have the done to the sound?

It would be great if we could have some feedback from the devs as to what they think of the in-game sound? To me, the earlier betas had it nailed, compare this: https://youtu.be/y1doYAHg4_U?t=10s
  4. H

Has smoke changed?

While I wasnt in the earlier betas, one of the 1st things i noticed was how good the smoke was and how effective it was. In beta 7 though, the smoke just goes up in a plume and doesnt billow out much, has this been changed? Nowhere near as effective now as before, it seems. On the other hand...
  5. H

voiceover lines

I'd like to suggest that we have a VO for the US side saying "get some" while firing. Maybe limited to the MG. it's such an iconic line, seems a shame not to have it in. In addition, the lines seem a little tame tbh, when you are watching war films or reading books about the war like...
  6. H

headshot feedback

Dont have the beta but have been avidly watching on youtube. One thing that I hadn't picked up on before was the metallic feedback sound when you score a headshot. Seriously? You can headshot someone at 200 yards and you get some daft, cartoon ping sound simulating you hearing the bullet as it...
  7. H

Helicopters too easy to take down?

Heli's seem too easy to take down, to me anyway. I know that there was a response from TW about how lightly armoured they are but there seems to be 2 basic damage modes at the moment - nothing or explode in flames. Just watched youtube vid of some guys insta fragging both attack and transport...
  8. H

RS downloading on Steam

Every day I start up Steam, RS beta starts downlaoding something again, not the full 18 gig but a significant download, I cant figure out what the file size is on Steam. I dont know if there's an update every day for the beta, havent seen any announcement.
  9. H

how to mute someone in public voice

Long time player but i've forgeotten how to do this. First time ive really needed to tonight as there are a small number of heinous voice chat spammers. Thanks
  10. H

server owners - polite request

As the title suggests, can I make a polite request that server owners make an effort to let us non-server owning players know a little bit more about the type of maps/modes they are hosting, in particular, if you are running community made maps to say so in the title, similarly if you are...
  11. H

quick tank question

Was playing as a tanker last night, mostly on Arad 2 and then a stint on Factory. Really loving the tanks post patch. Embarassing question though: ive totally forgotten the button to switch from AP to HE rounds and couldnt identify it in the controls menu. Somebody put me out of my misery please.:o
  12. H

ammo requests

Simple question, whenever I hear someone call out for ammo who's not near me, how can I find that person on the map?
  13. H

promotions message

whats the deal with having this in the middle of a round? happily playing along suddenly this huge message obscures my view, i have to press continue and it transports me to the weapon selection menu, in the middle of a firefight. Please explain why and is there anyway to not have it as an option?
  14. H

anyone playing custom maps?

Cant get on til later tonight so would love to know, are the community maps working? And more importantly, are there servers running them and are they populated? cheers, Burt
  15. H

Coldsteel b2

Played it first time tonight, full server. Gotta say feels like old times - really has that Ro1 feel, partly the longer engagement ranges, partly just the feel of the map (quite a few people said the same). Kudos to Drecks.:IS2: Ps love the lighting the way it is:D
  16. H

antilag mutator

Just a quick plea to those servers running it, to say so in the Server name. I know 40-1 is running it as they say so in the title, i'm not sure if anyone else is.
  17. H

Firefight-fastlevelrealism

If you ever wondered what the crappy leveling system has done to the gaming experience then visit this server. I wandered on to it by mistake tonight, server was full of people just team-stacking as Germans against russian bots, slaughtering them at spawn in Apartments. It was like some twisted...
  18. H

gameplay changes

Just come off the 40-1 server event for Ogledow and Bhutovo, thanks guys for hosting the event. The event was good, however, it did highlight the major flaw with RO2 - its far too quick n easy to be killed. Even on larger maps, it is still spawn die, spawn die. promised gameplay adjustments...
  19. H

Lighting

Just wanted to share an awesome moment. Was on one of the maps the other day on one of the stairwells and I knew the enemy was waiting for me at the top of the stairs, just round the corner. There was a very bright shaft of light coming through the window and as he crossed through that...
  20. H

Fov

Hello, i was just wondering whether there were any plans to bring back the ability to select the FOV in settings? Would be nice not to have tunnel vision on the larger maps - Ogledow and the new maps being built.