• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

promotions message

hekuball

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
whats the deal with having this in the middle of a round? happily playing along suddenly this huge message obscures my view, i have to press continue and it transports me to the weapon selection menu, in the middle of a firefight.

Please explain why and is there anyway to not have it as an option?

In short its so you can select a new role or better yet steal someones role.I rarely use it because if I am doing good enough to get it why would I want to switch.Where it is useful is when a person isn't doing duties as a certain class like a commander ignoring arty or SL not using proper smoke or a sniper or mg with 0 kills by the end of a round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The thing that got me irritated was having my role taken (I can live with that) and instead of waiting until I got myself killed, it popped up a message asking me to choose another role, and then gave me a -2 penalty for suicide.

And I was trying so hard to be nice and calm and forgiving, what with being shot in the back so often by my team-mates who were 50 meters behind me, shooting at anything that moved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0