• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. C

Tank Hijacking

Sun Tzu once said " there are many tools in the box, some not so good." or someguy said something like that sometime.........i think......... I am a tool magnet, 8 out of 10 people that get in my tank are complete inbred bucktooth jackasses. Maybe its just my luck. But those other 2 guys...
  2. C

Sorry but I HATE the new auto-pickup settings

Agreed. Old system was better in that you could resupply other non-HMG teamates by dropping clips, now they will just take your entire ammo sack.
  3. C

So, i bought this game about 30 days ago...

I'm sure this was already clarified somewhere in the 9 pages of posts but i'm too lazy to look, any sniper worth his salt will ALWAYS shoot from a rested postion which completely negates the breathing/swaying of the rifle. Is this the same video review where the host of the show was running...
  4. C

New Smart Player Ranking System at http://www.roscores.com

A+ for effort, looks good, but makes absolutely zero f'n sense to me !?!?!? :eek: "Smart player ranking system" ?!?! wtf is this lol ?? dunno bout you, but to me a smart player is one that typically scores in the top5 - if he is in the top5 he IS helping the team, i dont care if he is killing...
  5. C

What's wrong with tank drivers!?

Drivers straight out of GTA are a f'n nightmare, nothing you can do except get out or possibly tk them and take the tank over. Tigers are like sniper rifles and should NOT be used by anyone that asks basic questions in game........ period, endofstory, game over. Nothing worse than someone...
  6. C

Music? Where is the music?

Using a 5.1 speaker setup the directional sounds from this game are more emersive than any soundtrack and can be down right horrifying. I'm amazed at the amount of people that seem to not have sound on or dont know what enemy weapons sound like, you can hear far away battles and literally...
  7. C

Future Tripwire Games - Are You On Board?

Why would they need to make another game when they already have created one of the best shooters to date ?!!? Not sure i understand the reason behind this poll..... IMO more needs to be done with RO, if you think bout all the equipment used on the East front then RO has a long way to go, the...
  8. C

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Free Week On Now

New guys on the FREE trial may want to add some type of tag on the end of thier names, kinda like the Team Tankers = [TT] Maybe new guys want to use Free Trial = [FT] I dunno, it may help you new guys in that some of the older vets of the game will take pity and show you the ropes :D
  9. C

I love this game but...

Not to be a wise guy or anything but.....wtf is ruination ?!? that a real word ? :eek: I'm not sure those types of noobs play this game, seems they would be the type to play the game once or twice, die 422114 times, and remove from hard drive. Kinda like those 2 numbnuts from...
  10. C

Tactics Bridge protection in Orel

Agree, i use the tiger and park it in corn up on the hill or near the east field, can usually hold east/bridge area for long periods of time :D Keeping those bridges open can make a difference on that map.
  11. C

What did I let myself in for?

Advice for new guy: GO SLOW, take your time and know your maps. The Suicide charge will usually end up in suicide !! Give yourself some time to get used to the change of pace. Use practice mode or low population servers to get used to maps, knowing maps will be half the battle.
  12. C

Tactics Poll: Suicidal Satchel Assault - Yes or No

The clown car attack is fubar imo, remove pls :D
  13. C

Something stalks the Forrest of Blood

Umm, that dude just made CNN again, someone supposedly got pictures and he scared the **** out of some lady/kids, forget where, but was on CNN. PS: i hate cats-pls refrain from dressing them up in ww2 uniforms, kthxbye.
  14. C

Positive Feedback ! ! !

Good post, good for morale :D Reason to like RO #1: after playing just about every other ww2 fps made, i was blown away by RO (started with the UT2004 mod versions). 5.1 surround sound cranked up and running thru that first arty barrage left brown stains in my pants. That was probably the...
  15. C

Good 1337 servers?

Dont know bout that one, you will NOT see many slackers at the top, close to impossible in this game i think, you either need a boat load of kills, bunch of caps, or a healthy combo of the two. Me personally, i prefer to stay alive and kill, and tend not to cap a lot. (depending on the map of...
  16. C

And the worst Red Orchestra's species are.....

WTF ITS MIKE TYSON !!!!!!! RUNNNNN
  17. C

Good 1337 servers?

Munk is extremely good, follow him !!!! :D Some maps i hunt him exclusivly as to take out the biggest threat. FK's custom maps server is normally full and has some good matchs...... I'll agree with others, the "leet" talk **** generaly doesnt play out well in the RO community, word to...
  18. C

Tactics A message to the TT extremists

Now this all depends on what tank your talking about, german tactics in ww2 normally consisted of scouting units relaying enemy postitions, the hvy tanks would engage, and the medium's would take advantage of the opening and persue. Thats the theory behind blitzkrieg anyway, not that it always...
  19. C

Tactics Tank Gunnery / Ranges question

The force works on all maps except Orel and that rare time when you are max range on Arad. I highly doubt you can hit at 1000m+ first try on Orel with that method. Someone that can estimate ranges and dial in fast wins every time. Most german tanks in WW2 had a zoom optic which made them...
  20. C

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 Patch 1007

Kick ass work !! Lets hope this puts the Tiger is back in line with more historical values, nothing worse than bouncing 10 shells off a t34-85 from 300m, improved Tiger cannon should take care of this, hopefully :D I second the round of applause for less arty on some of those inf maps, i was...