• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. K

The Ultimate Thread For Authentic Armor Loadouts!

Ok, first of all I have been trying to get the community to understand that the game is biased towards the Russians regarding armour loadouts for quite a while. However, only very few people believe me even though I cite sources and numbers every single time. I took a lot of time to research...
  2. K

Operation Flashpoint: WWII Ostfront mod: Liberation 1941-1945

Hi everyone, if you are an OFP fan, you must have heard about Liberation 41-45, an Ostfront total conversion mod for Operation Flashpoint. Supposedly the team(which is all Russian btw) wanted to release the mod in "parts", ie, first early war, then mid, then late. A demo was released about 2...
  3. K

"Fluid stance" / Deployment of all weapons

Hi, if anyone here has played Rainbow Six: Raven Shield you'll know what I am talking about. Fluid Stance is a system where you hold down a button(say control) and move the mouse on a x/y axis and your avatar(player) bobs up-down and left-right. Basically, this is used to take cover, hide...
  4. K

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible".

Resistance and Liberation, WW2 HL2 mod "most realistic experience possible". http://resistanceandliberation.com/ TR: Why make Resistance and Liberation? Ben Goldberg: Well firstly we are making RnL because it is the game that we have all wanted to see. The team is striving to make RnL the most...
  5. K

Close Combat Series

Anyone still play these? I just reinstalled CC5 and am loving it! Playing Ardennes Offensive vetbob(cc4 in cc5). For difficulty, I am playing with a single platoon. ;) It's a freaking great game, but the AI is incredibly easy. Online is a lot of fun but I don't bother with that really. I wish...
  6. K

Tactical Realism mod?

I am kind of surprised we haven't heard about a Tactical Realism mod for RO. Basically, what this mod would do is try to make the game, in both infantry and tank combat as close as possible to a simulation. Off the top of my head some mod-specific improvements which I don't think Tripwire...
  7. K

Panzer IV H and STUG G variants.

I know we've asked for these about 5 thousand times, but it can't be said enough. There is absolutely no reason to have the Panzer IV F/2 and the StugIII F modelled in the game, instead of the H and G variants, respectively. More often than not, they appear in late war maps(Arad, Rakowice...
  8. K

Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm - Combat Mission style game recently gone gold

Panzer Command: Operation Winter Storm http://www.koiosworks.com/Panzercommand/panzercommand.htm Anyone know anything about this game? I was looking around on the internet for wargame news and stuff, and found this on matrixgames' forums. I have always wanted to get into...
  9. K

Level Design RO-Orel: amazing, humongous tank map!

You HAVE to play this map, especially if you like tanking. It's on in the FKs Tank maps w/ custom servers(#4 and #2). It's freaking huge, it takes like 10 mins to drive all the way through it, maybe more. It's just amazing. Realistic tanking experience IMO, the drawdistance is ~1000 meters and...
  10. K

Binocs for unbuttoned tank driver/commander position

Seeing how the game doesn't have a "tank commander" class, where there is a Driver, Gunner, Commander(the commander is the one who spots, etc) the gunner here has to do everything, which limits the system somewhat. What I have experienced is that while turning out as the gunner and using your...
  11. K

Wargamer.com review

Thinking Man's Shooter http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/red_orchestra/ I know there's a thread collecting reviews but I believe this one deserves its own thread, if there's a single website serious gamers trust, it's The Wargamer. These guys know what time it is. No I don't write there or...
  12. K

Pixelhunting: serious problem.

Okay, let me start by saying that I love RO:OST and honestly find it almost flawless, however even the most polished piece of work has its shortcoming or defects. In Red Orchestra, one of this for me is pixelhunting. Pixelhunting is bad, seriously. I was just playing on konigsplatz and I had to...
  13. K

Freeaim sharpshooters.

Hi all, I was playing recently and thought about giving freeaim some practice, I mean- we don't have a crosshair but we have freeaim, and the devs have stated that where your barrel is pointing, your bullet is going. So, surely practice would lead to perfection? Correct. I have been practicing...
  14. K

Killed an IS-2 crew with a nade.

I was playing on Odessa, and had run out of Panzerfausts as I had taken out 2 is-2's and missed one shot. Another IS-2 approached and I had nothing for it, I was just waiting for the crew to be stupid and peak out or whatever, then I thought about throwing a nade to the engine and see what...