• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint: WWII Ostfront mod: Liberation 1941-1945

kabex

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006
Mexico
Hi everyone, if you are an OFP fan, you must have heard about Liberation 41-45, an Ostfront total conversion mod for Operation Flashpoint.

Supposedly the team(which is all Russian btw) wanted to release the mod in "parts", ie, first early war, then mid, then late.

A demo was released about 2 years ago, then the first version, then a small patch. Not much activity for a year, until today.

The mod is great, but it had very few missions and didn't have much replayability, which is a shame. I made my own missions and screwed around with it, it was a lot of fun.

Anyway, they just released a patch TODAY! Which is damn weird because I was browsing OFP news, to look if there were any news about Lib41-45.

I never looked for news either, just today it occured to me to check and voila! a patch.

Everyone with OFP should download this mod and give it a go, you can get it from here(1.0 then 1.01 then 1.07):
http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?sekce=news

Operation Flashpoint is pretty much the only engine where you can have realistic infantry/combined arms combat. RO:OST is arcade compared. :D

This mod is hardcore realistic too.

Yeah I just tried the armored combat and it's clunky as hell.

First of all your rounds go all over the place, they never hit anywhere where you want them, they have extremely horrible accuracy and you can't adjust your sights so you cant hit crap at any ranges either.

I had a t34 at about 500m infront of my pzIVF2 and couldnt hit him, i must have shot him 20 times before being killed by the AI.

:(

the infantry combat is better imo because it actually works.

Upvote 0
Can you point me to missions for Liberation?

My first impression is that the infantry part has gotten more difficult. My MP40 kicks more in 1.07 than in 1.01.
The artillery part is awfull. An 88 mm FLAK can hit a Maxim HMG at 750 meters. There is no adjustment or learning curve in the spread of the shells.

I made a mission for myself with an assault through an orchard into open terrain. The infantry squad does not fall into formation exactly but searches for cover behind a tree. For the rest I am being slaughtered. My MP40 has not got the range.

I love the care for detail on things like the Soviet 37 mm AA gun.

Did anybody ever make a small but detailed urban combat map with a size like 1,6 km? That is 1/8 of the standard size.

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

Can anybody give me a link to download the 1.07 patch for Lib. 41-45, I am having HELL finding it. Is it the one that gives you the Tiger and IS2 and A19 arty piece? Because I installed the 1.01 patch and it works, but when I install the lib_patchFD and replace the readme files in the BIN with the ones in the FD patch, when I try to start it it says something like Error processor config crap something. It is driving me crazy! Can anyone give me an idea? Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has Inv44 released anything yet, or are they having too much fun with their game that they don't bother releasing anything before adding yet another campaign?
They released a second demo with the Brits and a new island, units, etc. It was very cool. I recommend getting it and downloading user created missions. Multiplayer is a blast with it as well.

Upvote 0
that wasn't a demo, that was their unfinished main mod that they gave up on. do people actually play that online? I never noticed any servers for it when it first came out.
You can usually find a handful of servers late at night EST. I played a game running Inv44 less than two weeks ago. It's awfully hard to find a server, but if some people are interested here, we could always get a weekly get together on the mod.

Upvote 0