• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Mormegil

Anyone pre-order a Oculus Rift?

Sorry for the thread Necro, but there's a vid on Reddit with RO2 in VR (using Vorpx). http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4huf7a/red_orchestra_2_looks_beautiful_in_the_rift/
  2. Mormegil

That would be great!
  3. Mormegil

Possible to import RO2 levels into a VR walk-around map?

Then how would I be able to enjoy viewing the sights of WWII Stalingrad while under enemy fire? Also, I have no idea how to do any of that. Here's that video I mentioned. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKO9fEjNiio
  4. Mormegil

Possible to import RO2 levels into a VR walk-around map?

Seeing that video where they edit in VR made me wonder if you could make a simple Unreal Engine 3 "game" to go sight seeing in an RO2 level? Using either Oculus Rift of HTC Vive? There's an Oculus VR plug-ins for Unreal Engine 3.
  5. Mormegil

Question for Yoshiro, or anybody in the know. Would it be possible to simply port some of the beautiful KF/RO2 levels into VR just to "sight see"? I know there are Oculus and SteamVR plug-ins for Unreal Engine. Could those be used to bring in those levels and build a simple walk around...
  6. Mormegil

Fury

Could have been a worse ending. It was pretty cool seeing the world's last working Tiger I on screen. I could empathize with the gunners seeing those rounds bounce off the glacis from the days playing Ostfront and Darkest Hour.
  7. Mormegil

Fury

As a tanker (in game), I wanted to yell at the screen, "Button up!" Also, why were the German's tracer fire green?
  8. Mormegil

Rising Storm Game Of The Year Update Trailer

Trailer looks great. Congrats on the latest release and update. Got home too late to play it yesterday (still had to download the update). Time to get back in the swing of things.
  9. Mormegil

[Game] Kerbal Space Program

0.22 came out last month, introducing Career mode. For anyone who finds the Kerbal Space Program too peaceful, check this out: KSP - The Battle of Vulture's Drift - YouTube He's got a whole series with several battles with "fighters" and capital ships. Here I am struggling to land 2 guys on...
  10. Mormegil

Rakowice requires significant improvements

Great map. I love putting HE rounds into those bunker holes. Makes me miss the Su-76.
  11. Mormegil

RO2 AT classes - better late than never!

Aren't there AT-soldats in Mamayev Kurgan? No tanks there, good against bunkers.
  12. Mormegil

RO2 AT classes - better late than never!

I don't think anybody really argues the load outs are realistic. Especially Germans getting tungsten rounds, while Soviets don't. But in this case, game play trumps realism. Or maybe development resource priorities trump realism, while keeping game play workable. If the Soviets had the...
  13. Mormegil

RO2 Question about this old screenshot

I wish. They took out all the facial animations that looked great in the trailer to free up memory. The problem is, many of the maps take up most of the 2GB RAM in the minimum system requirements. I wish TWI would put back those animations for people running 64-bit systems with more than 2GB...
  14. Mormegil

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

From what I've gathered, Squad chat doesn't extend past your tank. It's been a while, but I think that's even true on Gumrak, with multiple tanks per squad.
  15. Mormegil

Sure would help with those sneaky AT grenade guys.
  16. Mormegil

No rear facing turret MG? No thanks!
  17. Mormegil

Oculus Rift Development Kit

Maybe in the next title TWI comes up with. In order to make this work in RO2, they would need to redo the 1st person model and animation. You would need a torso and legs. Memory constrains have already caused them to remove the facial animations on 3rd person models. Would be nice though.
  18. Mormegil

RO2 List of weapons you want in-game for both RS and HoS

Molotov Cocktails. This may be doable combining the code from (smoke) grenades (emitters), and flamethrowers.
  19. Mormegil

Any tips for grenades?

Use the Cover button, and use blind fire to toss the grenade. Works really well with the middle mouse underhand throw when tossing outside of windows below, it just drops them straight out, no bounce worries. Just make sure your looking towards the window or edge of the door. Sometimes, it...
  20. Mormegil

Biggest teamkill fail in RO2/Rising Storm?

From the last free weekend, I was playing TL on Kessel. We fought tooth and nail to get to the final objective, and started capping 2 seconds before the clock ran out - Overtime! While laying prone in the objective aiming out towards where the enemy should approach, watching the cap bar climb...