• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. E

3D & Animation Unwrapping tool

This IMHO is the best unwrapping tool out there, what used to take hours of work can be done in minutes using this. They have a free 30 day trial download, check it out and the Video's on how it works. you will see how easy this makes the job. http://www.uvlayout.com/
  2. E

DarkestHour Hotfix Patch.

HOTFIX PATCH NOW AVAILABLE. http://files.filefront.com/DarkestHour+10b+Hotfixzip/;10754080;/fileinfo.html http://www.fileplanet.com/188126/180000/fileinfo/Darkest-Hour-Beta-1.0b-(Hotfix) Or use the EXE. Kindly made for us by Captain Wilson...
  3. E

Darkesthour Incremental Patch Release Info

AFTER A VERY LONG HARD WEEK FOR THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, WE NOW HAVE A FIX PATCH, FOR THE MAJOR CRASH BUG AND NEW SOUNDS THAT MANY HAVE ASKED FOR. PLEASE BE AWARE DO NOT TRY AND GET THESE FILES FROM A SERVER DIRECT, AS IT CONTAINS FILES THAT DO NOT TRANSFER VIA A REDIRECT, DOING SO MAY CRASH YOUR...
  4. E

Level Design weird spawn issue

I have a real problem in one of my maps atm. if you spawn as allies your view suddenly switches to a german who is routed to the spot, you can do nothing but commit suicide, then sometimes it happens again. if you are in view of the german when it switches, you can see your player move as you...
  5. E

RO Satchel Objectives

Been trying to get these to work on their own with no normal objectives. after replacing stock objective with satchel ones, spawn areas do not work as they should (advancing) and all satchel objectives are active from the start, despite having MOM and everything set correctly. Do these actually...
  6. E

Level Design Splt Spawns

I managed to do this once but for the life of me can't get it to work now. What I am wanting is to have a SpawnArea at 2 points on the map that are active at the same time, so players will spawn at either one until the Objective linked to that SpawnArea is captured by the enemy. the Secondary...
  7. E

SDK problems

since updating with the new patch, I can no longer select anything unless i Marque select. Also right clicking does nothing, so can't add any actors or anything ?. anyone else having problems or is it just me?. any help would be very handy cos I can't do S*** atm
  8. E

3D & Animation Need help on Bayonet

could someone please help us out on this problem we have atm. animated the M1Garrand for our mod, but the bayonet does not showup ingame. you can get it to work if you throw away the garrand and pick it back up again. we also have a same problem with secondary weapons., Again if you throw your...
  9. E

Level Design Cap Bar Staying on screen.

Any ideas what is causing this. to explain further if I cap a an objective on the map, the cap bar comes up and slder moves across it as normal, But then it stays on screen untill you reach another cap area, then changes for the new cap bar for that cap. Only does this on a few caps not all of...
  10. E

3D & Animation Looking for Vehicle Animation Tutorials

I am trying my hand at learning Animation for RO. I am using 3ds Max 9 and just getting to grips with it ATM. Seems like the Vehicle animation side of games is a very secretive affair, Cos I can't find any tutorials on it anywhere. I have been studying 3dBuzz's Video training tutorials on...
  11. E

Level Design realy frustrating bug or cursed mesh ?

this is going to sound realy wierd. I have a stock RO static mesh in my map at the moment and it is causing some realy interesting and comical things to happen. the mesh in question is one of the ruins I think its from kauksus (spelling) first time it happend was one person saw this mesh being...
  12. E

2D Art Paint Shop Pro

Not sure if any one else has posted this. Paintshop pro 9 and above have a filter for making Seamless textures, some settings to play around with and will give a you a good starting point to finish them off properly.
  13. E

2D Art Another Free Texture site.

This one may even be better than CGtextures. found it lastnight so thought I would share it. http://www.imageafter.com/textures.php
  14. E

Level Design Editor Crashing

my editor keeps crashing after a full rebuild, Wierd thing is it completes the build all ok but as soon as I try to save it, Bang just crashes out, no errors or anything. I have now tried it 8 times with same result. Anyone have any idea ?.
  15. E

Connection failed

I can no longer join any online servers, I keep getting connection faied error. Anyone help ?.
  16. E

Code Species Problems

I have added a new player model for DarkestHour. When I load a map with it ingame, I keep getting these errors. Warning: Failed to load 'Class RORoles.USRiflemanPawn': Failed to find object 'Class RORoles.USRiflemanPawn' Warning: Failed to load 'Class RORoles.USRiflemanPawn': Failed to find...
  17. E

Code Movers

HI am having some problems setting thes up the way I want to. I am trying to get a Landing craft to go from A-B with attached 2nd mover (Ramp). When it reaches the shore, The ramp then lowers and waits for x seconds then closes, the LC then returns to the ship for reinforcments. Thing is when...
  18. E

Level Design Static Rotation

I am having problems rotating a static. It will rotate sideways and round, I want to rotate it outwards (hard to describe what I mean). Ah i can rotate on x and Y but not z, think that is a better way of explaining it. Any one know how I can do this if at all ?. thanks
  19. E

3D & Animation adding new player model/Classes

this is really causing me some grief. I am trying to add a new player model and classes for the darkest hour mod, As it is a new player model, How do I go about adding it and the classes to go with it. I have done the mesh,Textures and animations bit, that is showing up ok. if I add them...
  20. E

Level Design Waves in fluid surfaces ???

Have searched around but had no luck finding anything about doing this. Is it possible if so how ???. I realy want this effect for my new D-Day map which is Part of the Darkest Hour Normandy mod. thanks Exo