• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CROSSHAIRS 16 An Aftercast Chat With John Gibson

ibleedv20

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
CROSSHAIRS 16 An Aftercast Chat With John Gibson

November 1st, 2010 — ibleedv20 After CROSSHAIRS 15, A John Gibson Interview, the panel and I were pleased when John
Stayed and talked on Skype for more than an hour. Surprisingly John had a few questions for the COD community too.
So if you are a fan of realism and or the Red Orchestra game series you can get your fix here.
So enjoy our relaxed community discussion where we cover these topics:
1 System Requirements
2 Will RO HOS be a crossover game between casual and harcore realism ?
3 John asks what the COD community likes in a game.
4 How will the RO HOS beta be released
5 Destructibles and the method in which they are applied
And much more.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1144&Itemid=133http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=73&Itemid=133

Last edited:
Some points:
- Massive destruction system will be rendered/developed in easier way to balance requirement for 64 players server, massive maps etc. It's not gonna be like in BC2 where max players was 24.
- System req for RO:HoS, are not final but Core2Duo and gpu with pixel shared 3.0 would be fine (so low cost requirement for AAA game, but don't forget HoS is PC only game, fully optimized, not only ported from console like Other games)
- old and good CoD/MoH/Battlefield community (before MW2, console-port games era) should find new home for ourself in RO2
- RO2 will be fully ready for clangaming from the box
- FOV will be about ~85
- Singleplayer - "it is not Call of Duty style", bigger focus is on multiplayer, "it's more open and dynamic" (I bet it's gonna be campaign game mode with bots)
- Ranking system put veterans and high skill players to "elite servers", when newcomers stay in "noob servers"
- Relaxed realism in not final name for it
- Game must be ready and polished for beta (20.000 keys), not known date yet
- High hopes: TWI's goal for RO2 is to be as popular as Bad Company 2 on PC
- 30 times more money spent on RO2 than RO1
- TWIs studio size: RO1 - 5 people, KF - 10, RO2 - 30.
- big ads coming, commercial budged for RO2 is here more than whole budged for RO and KF (WoW)
- modding issue, where mods losing interest (empty servers) when new game is coming out, TWIs hope modders communities will interest in RO2 (Star Wars mod for RO2 :D)

Upvote 0

Addendum:

- TWI have plans to do something like the Source SDK solution, IE: in the future any mod made for a recent TWI game may be playable with other TWI games using the same engine, making the potential player base for any mod much larger.

- Ramm hints at plans for a sequal to another of TWI's franchises, gee i wonder what that could be.. ;)

Upvote 0
"Your average to hardcore COD player will like it"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I played every COD game and I also played RO (when there were full servers in Aus) so I don't know what is your point.I also play ARMA 2 and I don't think you would like someone to go NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if RO player wants to play ARMA cos that is similar comparison. I don't think you get many quick scoping bunny hoping COD kids interested in RO so relax

Upvote 0
Good interview. Interesting to see the non-RO vet perspective. It might be an idea to have a few of these guys on the closed beta to see what the outsider might notice, that RO vets wouldn't. I could imagine some points that could be applied to Relaxed Realism.
I haven't played CoD since UO but I think that is an excellent suggestion.

It would be great to get some of the great CoD modders interested, too. There's a lot of talent out there waiting for a PC game they can put their skills too.

Reactions: OneDuck
Upvote 0