• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Time traveler in the premiere of a charlie chaplin film

Hmm tis an interesting concept. Not the movie itself, I have no idea about that. But the general principle that if there are/were time travelers there is probably some footage SOMEWHERE showing them using a piece of out of date technology...( especially today with cameras bloody everywhere...).

As to the venison against tooth ache, it did look somewhat like she was talking, or atleast mouth moving. So perhaps chewing gum/tobacco with an open mouth?:confused:

Upvote 0
It could be a hoax, someone who shot that footage and added it to the DVD extras as a joke.

But assuming that the footage is real, I'm sure there are explanations for it. What Nestor and Murphy say is quite possible. Keep in mind that our brain is 'wired' to recognize patterns and form associations which is why we instantly think of a cellphone when we see somebody walking on the street with their hand next to their ear. But that doesn't mean that it is a cellphone.

Time travel fascinates me, it's a very interesting subject IMO. Who knows, maybe one day it will be possible. :) It could be used for a lot of good, but a lot of bad as well...

Do you guys remember John Titor? It's a true internet classic. I've forgotten about him but now that time travel is brought up I'm reminded of him. Way back in 2000 someone on a forum claimed that he was a military time traveler from the future. Now of course anybody can say he's a time traveler on the internet, but John Titor's story was different in that he explained things in a very detailed manner, and seemed to be very scientifically literate. He even showed pictures of his 'time machine'. Keep in mind, this was in 2000 when the internet wasn't as popular as it is today and trolling wasn't as apparent yet I guess. He probably was just a troll, but a very intelligent one at that :)

Check it out, even though it may not be true it's fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
http://www.johntitor.com/

The second link contains an archive of all of his posts etc. Great stuff. Now I gotta read all of that again. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Time travellers exist, only problem is they inhabit the host so the only way to tell if someone is a time traveller is if their personality changes, they start asking a lot of questions, start forgetting peoples names and if they talk to an invisible hologram.

;)

hahahahaha

Quantum leap??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whether time travel will become possible or not is apparent today! If it became possible in the future we would have time travelers all over the place, not just a few sporadic ones once every century. The future is a long time and from the invention of time travel onwards people would be traveling back all the time.
So no time travelers today = no time travelers ever.

Upvote 0
So no time travelers today = no time travelers ever.

How come? Since so far what we know would imply that time is static (a book called Fabric of the Cosmos IIRC is quite interesting about this subject) and putting it in more metaphorical form time is nothing more than a frozen block - which would also give some thought why laws of physics are as they are - if you are able to travel back in time, it wouldn't really make a diffrence because the past cannot be changed, borderlining the point of "it was meant to happen". Sure humans are still troubled by the fact we cannot understand time as much as we want to, but unless that fundamental is broken time traveling wouldn't really change anything. If it was, then we could open up theories for what could be referred as dynamic time and its relations with wormholes and diffrent timelines overlapping at the same time :p

Upvote 0
It's irrelevant if they could change anything if they went to the past. There is no consensus on that. Not in fiction and not in science. They would be here though. As an integral part of the present since it's all set-in-stone (good bye free will) or dynamically from the future (either being able to change things: Hello paradoxes! Or in parallel states). Doesn't matter. What matters is that they'd be here. But they're not.
Thus there is no time travel. Not now, not ever.

Upvote 0