• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Only Germans and Russians?

Hmm, I like this idea about adding more teams/factions through DLC. Free DLC (as in mandatory, free update) would be the best way I guess - but TWI does need money too. So maby they could work like optional add-ons that just add new maps, weapons and teams? Kind of like the BF2 "Booster Packs". Altough this would mean that there must be special pack-enabled servers wich might split the playerbase just like the mods of RO... Needs more thinking. :)

doh just nooooooooo, ok i don't mind skins i'll pay for that. splitting the community is very bad idea as mods also split the commuinity. that alone could crush the community. and lose sales because people don't buy games for mods.

also in terms of making money i think for there goals and being independent. i think that 50 dollars will do them fine with all there other games selling. though some skins i wouldn't mind them having like a romanian outfit or somthing.

Upvote 0
And nobody wants more SS-re-enactors. >_>

Yeah... they're just such a horrible blight on the RO community... :rolleyes:

SS forces fought very near Stalingrad even before 6.Armee was destroyed, around Kharkov actually. The 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th all fought as part of the SS-Panzerkorps formed to retake the city and stabilize the situation in Southern Russia/Eastern Ukraine.

I think a nice way to integrate modded factions into the game is the CC approach, where all content is map specific. However, and upgrade over this is to include well polished modded factions/weapons/vehicles/skins automatically in official updates.

This just makes things a little easier then DLing the content off the mod site like CC.

Upvote 0
It would just be so cool, if only for differences in uniforms and the SS getting some better equipment (but requiring unlocks) as I believe historically they tended to get preference for new stuff.
They got mostly new vehicles and such. The best equipped units all around were in the Wehrmacht.

And nobody wants more SS-re-enactors. >_>
Seriously, why are they always so fat??? :confused:

Upvote 0
Could another gamemode for the Swedes be manufacturing of ball bearings? That would be just so cool. Waking up, walking to work with your luch box full of swedish meatballs, hearing the factory whistle and getting to work. Then come back home, sip a bit of aquavit and listen the war from the radio...
or driving a train full of german or making weapons for them
ps im swed

Upvote 0
Not having British, American or Japanese in the game lets them focus on the Germans and Russians...

This also gives them a really good opportunity to develop the game further with an expansion....Its good for both parties.

1) We get quality and quantity in our content
2) They get to make some good profit on an expansion without having to create an "Entirely new game"

-

This is how games use to work. Or rather...This is how expansions use to work. Excuse me fallout 3????anybody????anyone notice???expansion anyone????anyone noticed left 4 dead 2???? Entirely new game anyone????

This is what an expansion is all about

Upvote 0
I would like to have Swedes

Ouu, they didnt fight in ww2.

Well i would like to have them anyway.

Not as a country but as with any country pretty much during ww2 , there were a lot of individuals who joined up on both sides during the war, fighting with Allies and Axis. Twats as we are we didn't fight officially as a country but rather helped the axis which was kinda sad... but smart , lets join the "current" winners...

Anyway..
The Axis Wiking Division was made up mainly by Nordic volunteers a Panzer Elite division.

Last edited:
Upvote 0