• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Prevent Unwelding

I personally don't know, but do you want to leave open the chance that some players weld others out of an area?

I have had that happen to me, join in the middle of a game and get to the trader late, finally catch up to the other players and find I am welded out of some area and killed before I can unweld.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Upvote 0
actually the ONLY way to prevent unwelding while keeping the rest of the features is to make a subclass and change up the takedamage function thingy. easy as pie but yea. but here i already did it for you =D

i bring you KFDoorMoverPlus

linky link-> http://www.filefront.com/17399117/kfDMPlus.zip

Added Features:
bNoUnseal- true(1) means that you cannot unweld this door, but monsters can still bring it down. false(0) means that player can still unweld it

bNoRespawn- true(1) means once it's destroyed it's gone forever!!! untill the map changes or is restarted or forcibly respawned via BDUnTrigger(i think thats what it's called) thingy

Upvote 0
I personally don't know, but do you want to leave open the chance that some players weld others out of an area?

Players cannot access the other side of the door in any way, its specimen access only. They CAN, however, unweld the door because its on the roof, which is the problem. That causes specimens to be unable to go through it because the door does not have keys. Which brings me to Fels question.

what dont you set the

MaxWeldStrength to 400000 (use trigger)

and the Zombie Damage Reduction to 10000 (door mover)

OR

Have no keys set on the doors, so if they un-weld it, it wont open

It doesnt have any keys set because no-ones supposed to open it in the first place, just destroy.

I could try the MaxWeldStreght tho.

actually the ONLY way to prevent unwelding while keeping the rest of the features is to make a subclass and change up the takedamage function thingy. easy as pie but yea. but here i already did it for you =D

i bring you KFDoorMoverPlus

linky link-> [url]http://www.filefront.com/17399117/kfDMPlus.zip[/URL]

Added Features:
bNoUnseal- true(1) means that you cannot unweld this door, but monsters can still bring it down. false(0) means that player can still unweld it

bNoRespawn- true(1) means once it's destroyed it's gone forever!!! untill the map changes or is restarted or forcibly respawned via BDUnTrigger(i think thats what it's called) thingy

Hmm that would be extremely useful seeing I can also set it to not respawn. I used a trigger to destroy the door after the specimens broke it but this would be a better option.

Altho if I include that in my map doesnt that mean I have to get them both whitelisted?

Upvote 0
like in my army base map i had ppl unwelding the walls that would break and getting stuck in the gap when the round restarted now i dont have that prob

another trick i lernt is that ya can make the kfdoormover and the trigger but move the triggeraway so when the ppl looks at the door it dosent show that it can be welded or unwelded nice for those suprise theres a fp there moments etc

EDIT wow ^ that makes my post feel so small lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
another trick i lernt is that ya can make the kfdoormover and the trigger but move the triggeraway so when the ppl looks at the door it dosent show that it can be welded or unwelded nice for those suprise theres a fp there moments etc

I already did that but if someone figures it out its still gonna cause a bug where specimens cant get through and game cant continue since the counter doesnt go down.

Upvote 0