• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Grab-ability for the Stalker?

Galslacht

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
The only Zed with the grab-ability is the normal Clot.
When I think about it, why not give the Stalker the ability also?

I dont find the Stalker very dangerous, she is hardly more harmful than the ordinary clot. Yes, you cannot see her in the distance, but she always get shot within 20 meters by any class on the average suicidal game. She does not have the modeltextures of ''The Hidden'' (HL2 mod), making it quite easy to spot her, being non-commando.

Why not make her a bit more dangerous by giving her the grab-ability? Would make the commando and zerker more useful imho. I regularly see players run close past to Stalkers that are in their sweeping animation but never really... hit.

Reactions: Vaecrius
The only Zed with the grab-ability is the normal Clot.
When I think about it, why not give the Stalker the ability also?

I dont find the Stalker very dangerous, she is hardly more harmful than the ordinary clot. Yes, you cannot see her in the distance, but she always get shot within 20 meters by any class on the average suicidal game. She does not have the modeltextures of ''The Hidden'' (HL2 mod), making it quite easy to spot her, being non-commando.

Why not make her a bit more dangerous by giving her the grab-ability? Would make the commando and zerker more useful imho. I regularly see players run close past to Stalkers that are in their sweeping animation but never really... hit.

Personally I look for shadows on the floor :p
The grab ability is already the clots domain, how about giving her a disarm when she attacks from the front from stealth that throws your weapon behind her or something?

Upvote 0
Personally I look for shadows on the floor :p
The grab ability is already the clots domain, how about giving her a disarm when she attacks from the front from stealth that throws your weapon behind her or something?
no.

though i do agree with the TC, stalkers are nothing but weak cannon-fodder. some mild special ability would be nice. maybe holding you so you cant reload for a couple of seconds or something, but totally disarming you would be way overpowered. i can see a 2FP 2scrake wave and you get hit from behind by a stalker. *shudder*

Upvote 0
Clot grab for stalkers kinda makes clots pointless :)
Well, there's always gonna be way more clots... and they move slower so they plug up paths of egress better. And attract less commando fire because they're weak enough that after wave 1 everyone thinks they're someone else's problem....

Anyway, this suggestion makes sense to me. Possibly also triggering given the whole "stalker" "kiss" thing, but even that kinda makes sense.

Upvote 0
Well, there's always gonna be way more clots... and they move slower so they plug up paths of egress better. And attract less commando fire because they're weak enough that after wave 1 everyone thinks they're someone else's problem....

Anyway, this suggestion makes sense to me. Possibly also triggering given the whole "stalker" "kiss" thing, but even that kinda makes sense.
I guess alot of work has to go into it, since the clot has an animation for the ''grab'', contrary to the stalker which is just a stationary ''clawswing''.

You can give her the grab ability without her performing the grab animation, but that would be a thing TWI would not agree with.

But it's better than having a useless Stalker nonetheless.

Upvote 0
To be completely honest, I believe that the stalker is the most annoying speciment compared to the other ones. It's easy( to fairly easy) to dodge huskshots and crawlers have pretty much no damage nor health. But i ALWAYS miss that stalker which makes me miss that siren i was going for with my katana/axe or that gorefast who now can hit me instead.

I would honestly prefer a huskbuff over a stalkerbuff. And that's me being completely honest (and i dont even play as SS or FB). I dont know why, i used to be able to spot stalkers fairly easy but now i feel like they are everywhere>_>.

Upvote 0
She already has an ability - LAW catcher =_=

Yeah lol. Always blocking nades or rockets >_>

Also, they often end up blocking me when Im running away from a group. Like last time a fleshpound was chasing me and 4 stalkers blocked me when I didnt see em coming, and I ended up being cornered by the fleshpound and was unable to move lol. Luckilly I was medic at the time so I didnt even die but any other perk would have.

Upvote 0
Yeah lol. Always blocking nades or rockets >_>

Also, they often end up blocking me when Im running away from a group. Like last time a fleshpound was chasing me and 4 stalkers blocked me when I didnt see em coming, and I ended up being cornered by the fleshpound and was unable to move lol. Luckilly I was medic at the time so I didnt even die but any other perk would have.
lol yea tell me about it. Stalker functions best as a meatshield. Not really as intended I suppose.

Upvote 0