• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF "Incendiary" Content and "PostMortem" Character Packs released

The Character patch is cool I wish I could buy it but no $... :(

i just watched a nice person give a wad of cash to a homeless bum on the onramp to the interestate......if a bum get a couple bucks just by asking, i'm having a hard time understanding how a person with internet access can't come up with $1.99 let alone just $.99 since it's still on sale. :cool:

edit: in fact, if you really want it that badly, send me your email in a pm and i'll gift it to you ;)

anyway, the update is really not that bad. it's just not exactly up to the expections of people who've been waiting 11 months for something "big".

Last edited:
Reactions: omarfw and fiftyone
Upvote 0
I CANNOT believe they nerfed the FN SCAR.. WTF. Commandos have enough trouble on Fleshies and Scrakes as it is, not the mention the small clipsize. bah hell screw it. You rocket scientists do what you want. You probably picked the classes to fix out of a hat.

However, the moving of the LAW to the demo is a plus. I had posposed that somewhere back in the past.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I CANNOT believe they nerfed the FN SCAR.. WTF. Commandos have enough trouble on Fleshies and Scrakes as it is, not the mention the small clipsize. bah hell screw it. You rocket scientists do what you want. You probably picked the classes to fix out of a hat.

However, the moving of the LAW to the demo is a plus. I had posposed that somewhere back in the past.

The thing, is that as a Commando, you should leave the big guys to someone else, and concentrate on those annoying small guys that can potentially make the sharpshooter miss his important FP headshot.

This game IMO, is not about making everyone capable of everything.

(And remember that the commando once didn't even have SCAR or AK... Bullpup is all you got, so be thankful)

:IS2:

Upvote 0
The thing, is that as a Commando, you should leave the big guys to someone else, and concentrate on those annoying small guys that can potentially make the sharpshooter miss his important FP headshot.

This game IMO, is not about making everyone capable of everything.

(And remember that the commando once didn't even have SCAR or AK... Bullpup is all you got, so be thankful)

:IS2:
ah yes the good ol days, back when there was no over powered weapon and the only thing people complained about was zerkers

good times
good times

Upvote 0
It boggles my mind when I see complains about the Mac-10, TWI gave us a gun that shoots fire bullets!!! Whats not to like??

However TWI's customers are entitled to their opinions and I can respect that, but I found that this patch was terrific if you discount the elapsed time from the last patch we had. I think the last patch just blew everybody's mind away. The last addition had 3 new weapons plus a new class therefore its difficult for some to adjust. I think TWI had set the bar so high that it was difficult to overcome their own product's success.

The new Mac-10 is awesome, my firebug was @level 3 but its one up from that now :) the mac10 allows me to hold down the LMB without the fear of being defenseless after my flame canister drys up.

Upvote 0
It boggles my mind when I see complains about the Mac-10, TWI gave us a gun that shoots fire bullets!!! Whats not to like??

the thrill factor is temporary. the unbalanced state of the game is long term.

you won't be saying "omg this mac10 is sooo coool!!" on the 100th time you've used it.

we can all agree that KF looks cool and plays awesome, but the game is TOO EASY and it didn't used to be before the level up content. and we wanted that fixed. but we didn't get that. instead we got a mac10 that shoots fire bullets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The MAC does seem a little too powerful with the firebug from what I'm hearing but aside from that, it's a great update!

Small updates like these are the best thing ever. It's just that it was building up a little too much excitement amongst the community that we were expecting another Level Up.

Stay classy, TWI. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Also, no hand grenade, chainsaw, or Berserker buff, Sharpshooter nerf (except for price and weight), too small a fix for Law, and no Demo or Medic weapon make me :(.

At least the Mac10 sounds fun.

I have no care for another demo weapon. Just having the LAW on the demo side is enough. Seriously, grenades + M79 + M32 + LAW is enough "pwnage".

However, I was hoping for a good secondary weapon for Medic. The MP7 really isn't enough seeing how little damage it puts out and how quickly I can go through 9 40-round clips if I'm in bind and my "buddies" decided to leave me behind to face off with a pounder. Yes, I can carry other weapons, BUT none of them are specifically something that's detailed for the Medic kit.

And yay for the Ingram MAC-10 with incendiary rounds! Yes it has kick and yes it wasn't made for non-Firebugs. Seriously non-firebugs have enough weapons to choose from. Us Firebugs are very limited to what we can use for a secondary weapon. Hopefully they won't nerf the MAC-10's damage. As is on Hard, Flamethrower + MAC-10 isn't enough for those later rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-------------------

New maps are totally new for me, lucky me. I really enjoy em.

I have some kind of feeling, that there might be an update still coming before this year christmas..

But very good, Incendiary update is much more than i expected. This really surprised me.

I think that's the point. There are 1000's of people out there who only play stocks maps so they'll be pretty happy at the moment. The 'pros' on the sight have lost sight of this.

Upvote 0
all i see here i mostly whine about the patch, oh how ****ty the mac 10 is oooh how OP it is, please guys, TWI is giving us FREE and i say FREE updates, not unlike IW which want money for few ****ty maps, be greatfull for the free update on a such great game please ? :)

if you know anything about how gaming USED to be, you'll realize that free updates are not actually a big deal.

back in the day, every update for every game was free. there was no such thing as DLC or paid expansion packs.

tripwire simply does it the way it should be done, but they are not the first ones to do so. IW and activision are worst case examples of greedy game developers and publishers.

The goal of many game publishers these days is to get younger gamers to think that DLC and paid map packs are normal so noone will protest them or not buy them. And for the most part it's worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you know anything about how gaming USED to be, you'll realize that free updates are not actually a big deal.

back in the day, every update for every game was free. there was no such thing as DLC or paid expansion packs.

tripwire simply does it the way it should be done, but they are not the first ones to do so. IW and activision are worst case examples of greedy game developers and publishers.

The goal of many game publishers these days is to get younger gamers to think that DLC and paid map packs are normal so noone will protest them or not buy them. And for the most part it's worked.
If you think i dont know how it used to be your wrong....im just saying to SOME people that they should shut up about the stuff they get, and should be rather happy that they dont take paid for every small update they do, KF is one of the few great zombie games for the price and the side stuff you get.

Upvote 0
I haven't posted in forever, but it's time to chime in, I suppose.

First off, the money system is good. Helps the game in every way. The new maps were nice, but have been around for quite a while now and aren't hugely changed as far as I can see.

The Mac-10 was a letdown for me. Yeah, it's a new Firebug weapon and it's decently effective, but it was a cop-out. TWI was saying that it would be an extremely unique weapon that no one would ever guess. I'm sorry, but a gun that simply has incindiary ammo isn't "unique" in my book.

Plus, one of the biggest things mentioned on the forums was how KF's weapons awesome because they were realistic and not as ridiculous as Left 4 Dead 2's "PEWPEWPEW" fire bullets. And what do they do? They add PEWPEWPEW fire bullets. *Facepalm*

The LAW being moved to Demo was a logical step, as was boosting it. But it's still useless as anything more than a gimmick. It takes up all of a demoman's weight limit and gets no bonus ammo, leaving him with the Pistol when it's out of ammo. Not worth it.

The biggest issue for me, and the biggest reason I'm not really coming back to the game is that nothing's really changed. The balance problems are almost all still there, if not WORSE, because you still have your two GOD-CLASSES:

-The Sharpshooter class still has the ability to take on every enemy easily with the Crossbow/Handcannon or EBR/Handcannon and is the definitive class amongst skilled players.

-Medics with Crossbows are still better at kiting than Thomas Edison due to their speed, better armored than the is2, and able to heal half of their health in one self-injection.

-The Commando, the only class that was really competitive with the Sharpshooter for quick target takedowns, has been nerfed. Damage was the only thing really separating the AK-47 and SCAR and that line has been blurred.
-Supports still have an overprice AA12 and severe ammo issues on Hard and up.
-Demoman still has damage and ammo issues on Hard and up. And almost all the new maps being close quarters doesn't help them. LAW, even in Demo hands, is still a gimmick weapon.
-Firebug got a nice boost, but now tends to act like a 'Commando with a Flamethrower' as one player put it.

-And of course, Berserker still SUCKS. Hard. To the point that it's a joke class to play. Medics out-tank you and out-speed you (Without having to have a melee weapon out, no less!), while almost every other class out-DPS' you from a safe distance while you have to get dangerously close to your foe to do anything. Not to mention that the Katana is still the only viable weapon.

TL;DR Summary: Sharpshooter and Medic still grossly overpowered. Firebug kinda fixed but in a lame, unimaginative way. Demoman and Support still need work. Commando nerf was uneeded and will make more players go Sharpshooter. Berserker is still a joke. LAW is still a gimmick.

I'm not coming back to KF like I was before until stuff is fixed. The game is being horribly neglected in favor of HoS and it's starting to show. This was a mini-patch that didn't fix many of the real balance issues with the classes/weapons. Maybe they'll get it right next patch... I'd really like to play a Berserker again without feeling like I could be doing a ton more as a Sharpshooter or Medic.

Upvote 0