• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF "Incendiary" Content and "PostMortem" Character Packs released

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
We are happy to announce the release of the latest FREE content pack for Killing Floor, containing 4 maps, a new weapon for the Firebug - the MAC-10, firing incendiary bullets for the Firebug - plus a bunch of balance changes and exploit fixes. The free Incendiary Content Pack gives a big boost to the Firebug perk in the form of a brand new weapon

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/games/KillingFloor/announcements/detail/882896207433009019[/URL]

A required update is now rolling out over Steam. This update brings KF to
version 1014 and requires that all servers update before you will be able to
connect to them.

The changes include:

• Four new maps - Hospital Horrors, Biohazard, Mountain Pass, and
    Suburbia
  • New money system - money now rewarded based on % of damage dealt rather
    than who gets the final shot, no more kill poaching for money!
Balance changes:

Sharpshooter:

• Raised price of the Crossbow
  • Reduce the number of magazines carried for the M14
  • Increased the weight of the M14 and Crossbow so both cannot be carried at once
Commando

• Reduced the damage for the SCAR
Demolition

• Moved the LAW to the Demolition perk
  • Increased the damage radius of the LAW
  • LAW gets perk bonuses for the Demolition perk
Bug and map exploit fixes
4 new DLC characters
Exclusive *The Ball* themed DLC character
Still waiting on achievements for last winter's community maps :l and a little surprised to see the SCAR damage nerfed but not the M14. The Ingram is not mentioned above, but it's definitely in game. Firebug 6 is currently spawning with flamethrower in addition to the armor and Ingram specified in the perk selection menu.

Upvote 0
The MAC-10 has sickening recoil... highest of all weapons in the game I think. Haven't played other classes yet. Not to be a killjoy, but one new weapon and 4 "refined" maps (which were already available on the whitelist) is a little underwhelming for a "major update." Still, I bought the char DLC instantly, especially with the sale :) .

Upvote 0
Nice update , i love the ingram its pretty easy to score headshots if it's on semi and if you miss the headshot they light up :D . Already bought the Char pack plus 5 copys extra for some friends, like always(i even bought the game 5 times and gifted it to 5 buddies, but they rarely play kf :/) .

I can't wait for The Ball and Red Orchestra 2 (i will buy them as well).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hooray, finally!
Now there just needs to be a game with a ping below 400 so I can actually see them changes.

I see the LAW got changed. Is it useful now?
I couldn't kill a FP on hard, singleplayer with it.
Demo got more ammo with it but its weight remains the same which communicates an unchanged ammount of usefulness to me...

Are you on acid or something? They were the most overpowered weapons in the game!
Don't throw the SCAR and the m14 into the same pot mkay?
Bleh, now people will go around tellin bullcrap how overpowered SCAR commandos used to be post-patch just like they are telling how OP zerkers used to be just cause the weapons got a nerf.

By the way, thank you very much for keeping the katana on semi-auto.
Haven't checked the saw yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I thought the Scar was fine for it's small mag size, but the M14...we came up with a bunch of ideas for a more creative nerf then 'reduced mags'.

Also, no hand grenade, chainsaw, or Berserker buff, Sharpshooter nerf (except for price and weight), too small a fix for Law, and no Demo or Medic weapon make me :(.

At least the Mac10 sounds fun.

Upvote 0
No-one's forcing you to buy it. You can still enjoy the full Kf experience without it.

No kidding. Tripwire has been EXTREMELY generous giving away updates so everyone can play the current version with all of the new toys and not holding anyone hostage to purchase an update. Offering dirt cheap DLC packs to bring in money for a game they continually work on is more than fair.

Upvote 0

translation: is this really the update that took almost a year to complete?

i'm jumping in game in a couple minutes to check things out, but judging by the changelog and comments already posted by other members.......well i won't jump to conclusions quite yet. ;)

to be continued......

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update :)

The MAC-10 sounds like the AK to everyone but the shooter, fyi. It would be cool if it had that 'silenced' sound to everyone in game.

I already thought the Commando class was rather weak when compared to the Sharpshooter class, but now it's been made even weaker. Not sure why the SCAR was taken down in power.

The LAW is a light anti-armor weapon and I feel it's still a bit weak for what it is. Maybe bump the power of it, but only allow for a few reloads (3-5 total rockets maximum). If the crossbow can kill things in one hit, an anti-armor weapon should be able to as well.

Thanks again TWI :IS2:

Edit - GO GIANTS!

Last edited:
Upvote 0