• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Opinion: MAC10

First thing, TWI said they were adding something unexpected.

I expected the Mac-11. This is close enough, so i was half-right.

Now on to the Mac-10. I like it, though IMO it's slightly short of ammo. 32 rounds per mag if i'm not mistaken.

Ok, 30 rounds .45 ACP 32 round 9x19mm. I guess we're both right. Just checked.

The recoil is a bit high, though the reason for this is bad gun training. Who uses a .45 gun single handed? It has a stock, not used, and any sensible person would use two hands, similar to the 9mm.
This would cut down recoil to the point where it's like the SCAR.

Nice select-fire option, i'm liking that.
The Mac-10 just screams dual-wielding.
The RoF seems realistic and the damage vs husks makes Firebug no longer reliant on other perk's weapons to kill them; this is a good move on TWI's part.

I've only used it on the clan 32-man server so far but this looks really good.

Though buffing FB at the expense of nerfing Commando wasn't cool. The SCAR was fine as it is. But that's a different rant. ;)

All in all a good addition, i hope the Flamethrower treats the M10 kindly :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i would rather see british weapons - which for the most part means ones that you rarely play with in games.
I accept some of these weapons aren't in modern service any more but i still think ppl are missing a trick here.
(by the same token i would have liked to see more distinctly British/london maps created- southbank, westminster piccadilly circus etc.)

So before i've tried the update i think very little of this new weapon at all tbh.
But i accept that the british character of this mod isn't remotely as important to most players and the devs as it is to me.
Having a dlc character with a union jack belt buckle doesn't really cover it imo.

Upvote 0
Nice select-fire option, i'm liking that.
The Mac-10 just screams dual-wielding.
The RoF seems realistic and the damage vs husks makes Firebug no longer reliant on other perk's weapons to kill them; this is a good move on TWI's part.

It's a nice idea, and it screams for it indeed, but it would be too powerfull I think. I can read that some solo-ed a FP and lived to tell the tale. Two of those might be enough power to get through it unscathed ?

Also, I will definately be trying the xbow+mac10 combo :D
Light it on fire with mac 10, shoot it in the head with xbow, and finish off with another xbow bolt or a clip of mac 10 (depending on the distance from you).

Otherwise I really like the weapon, it's exactly what the firebug needed. Some diversity, extra ammo, and a powerful combo.

Now dual wielding this baby with a katana ... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of my friends couldn't stop laughing when he saw the black character hold the mac-10. (he's African American so its not racist :p) that thrown in with the person holding the gun was the first person to die. xD

Ok, all jokes aside, this weapon is awesome. It does the one thing that I needs to do that the flamethrower couldn't do and thats kill the damn husk quickly.

Upvote 0
32 rounds per mag if i'm not mistaken.

Ok, 30 rounds .45 ACP 32 round 9x19mm. I guess we're both right. Just checked.

as a level6 firebug, it's 47 round mags with i believe either 6 or 7 reserve mags......so there's plenty of ammo especially if you make good use of the semi-auto capability. (ex. 5 headshots in semi-auto will take down a husk in suicidal)

Though buffing FB at the expense of nerking Commando wasn't cool. The SCAR was fine as it is. But that's a different rant. ;)

although it's not quite the appropriate thread to talk about the SCAR "nerf", just a quick thing i'd like to point out: the SCAR was fine how it was for doing it's job (mop-up against low/medium tier zeds). after this patch, it's still pretty damn effective at that same job (use the scope, get headshots.....all the "basic" zeds are killable in 1 shot). the only thing that is different is that now it's not as powerful against the big boys, which imo is fine since commandos shouldn't be focused on going for FP/Scrakes anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: EricFong
Upvote 0
Played with it for hours as firebug, and I love it. I rarely found myself using the flamethrower, only in intense situations where I have to quickly drop a massive horde of specimens approaching at a fast pace. Otherwise, very easy even on suicidal to not only provide enough support to finally become self-sufficient once again, but to even rival the leading players on the scoreboard. Gotta say, I did not see this weapon coming. Would've bet my life on flaregun.

Upvote 0
I love it actually. Has little recoil, even as Non-Firebug when using the sights.

Also, semi-automatic.

Yeah I noticed it has a LOT more recoil hip-shooting then aiming down sight.

I chalk it up to this theory: When hip-shooting, the character is shooting the gun precisely how the 1st person view depicts it, one-handed unprofessional "gangsta" style. Hence the horrible accuracy and recoil. However when sighted, the character switches to actually holding the gun properly, thus the gun's a lot more controllable.

I actually don't mind the way it's held. I've always thought of Firebug (and Berserker) as a less "elite" or professional perk, plot-wise something I think Mr. Foster, Foundry worker Aldridge, or Harold Hunt would be. So it makes sense to me that the Firebug would hold his gun funny.

Upvote 0
It's been a long minute since I played some killing floor, but the new update made me want to try it out again.

As a rank 6 firebug, I have to say that I'm loving the MAC10. It gives the firebug a much needed method of dealing with the bigger specimens, and a much more needed method of dealing with husks. It serves its purpose wonderfully.

Upvote 0
I never bothered with the flame guy historically. So I fired up my level 2 last night hit the FF server and just spent 2 hours laughing. The Mac 10 is just great fun. Funny how one gun can fire up the ol' KF juices all over again. The flamer and the Mac 10 is a real fun combo. Dmg or no dmg being level 2 on a hard FF server.. I don't care it's just fun.

Upvote 0
Think I'm going to like this Mac10, even though its a pyro gun, I've been using it with medic and commando as well. Haven't even seen it in a game since RE2 though. Only thing I'm finding odd about it is the personal and other player's way of holding it. One being in just the right hand, but when viewed in another's, its one on the grip and the other on the suppressor.

Upvote 0