• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

Character Customisation (YES/NO) - The Definitive Thread

• Total voters
Maybe you should just accept, that the Germans loved their helmets...

But that's just too boring. Besides wasn't field cap M43 (or something, the one resembling finnish one) the second popular hat in whole army? Okay the year takes it from Stalingrad but surely they had other hats before. And what if they were ambushed and didn't have time to put helmet on?

And while I'm writing, let's give a German players shoulder badge for winning in Grain Elevator 100 times. According the russian document Great War there was badge for units that took Grain Elevator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well they are not anything like kevlar helmets, there isnt
even any kind of paddings inside.

Bullet goes through them easily, and they are only there
for not letting flying debris to wound your head.

As i dont know if it soften the impact anymore than
chunky furcap.

Onlything is that they maybe cover you from smaller
fragments of grenade.

Example if you google gebirgsj

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Mkb42, well actually there are two weapons having the same name except (H) which is Haenel and (W) Walther. Neither of that weapon made it to Stalingrad when you take belief in this book: "The German Assault Rifle 1935-45". Excellent book, I recommend it for anyone interested in weapons, particularly WWII. :)

That was absolutely random and uncalled for.
Did you even read the stuff and I and many others posted in the Mkb.42 discussion thread? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I don't know if this has been suggested earlier, but I'd like to see squad's or clan's insignia or logo on helmets. Like in this example.

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/962/839/69/o_jkMkOq3pR25INJr.jpg

Squad/clan insignias were used in OFP years ago and I think they are still used in ARMA-games. Seeing the insignia would help to recognize your clanmates and would still suit the spirit of the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0