• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what's the deal on class selection?

First come first serve as far as we can tell, with elite classes being restricted to those with adequate rank and experience, also on a first come first serve basis.
I really really hope that class selection isn't limited too much by rank. I hate it when I can use all of a game's features right away -- like basic things such as weapons.

It better be like "can't use this weapon until LVL5" or something very simple. Actually it would be cool if very important weapons like snipers, MG's, and tanks would be unlocked after completing offline training for that weapon. THAT would be awesome.

Upvote 0
Actually it would be cool if very important weapons like snipers, MG's, and tanks would be unlocked after completing offline training for that weapon. THAT would be awesome.
I've always liked this idea, as SP can give You the chance to get your keybinds right and a bit of training on particular weapons before jumpimg into a MP game:)

Upvote 0
Actually it would be cool if very important weapons like snipers, MG's, and tanks would be unlocked after completing offline training for that weapon. THAT would be awesome.

Yes especially for sniper. Like America's Army style. Except instead of hitting pop up targets you have to hit a certain percentage of Germans sprinting at various distances to "pass" and be able to select sniper class.

Upvote 0
I've always liked this idea, as SP can give You the chance to get your keybinds right and a bit of training on particular weapons before jumpimg into a MP game:)
Well its just that I hate it when players take those classes and then aren't at least decent with them. They tend to play a pretty big role on your team and if you don't know how to use them, then they are wasted on you.

Upvote 0
Yes. It's not that I want/need to be sniper every round lol, but I HATE it when in RO/DH someone tanks sniper/combat engi/officer/AT and does absolutely nothing that that role is supposed to be doing.

I just want people taking those roles that know what the hell they're doing. I usually take bolt anyways because I do a lot of damage with it so I don't really care about getting "Elite Assault trooper" or whatever.

Upvote 0
Meh, you can still follow the team's sniper and pick up his rifle as soon as he dies. Just like in ROOST. It never bothered me that I rarely could pick the sniper-class at the start of the map.

I have to say the system in RO:HOS, looking to the rank-and achieving system, appears definitely as an improvement.

Upvote 0
Meh, you can still follow the team's sniper and pick up his rifle as soon as he dies. Just like in ROOST. It never bothered me that I rarely could pick the sniper-class at the start of the map.

I have to say the system in RO:HOS, looking to the rank-and achieving system, appears definitely as an improvement.

Can't do that with officer role though, whose role will be greatly expanded in ROHOS as I'm sure you've seen in the videos from gamescon and PAX or whatever it's called.

Upvote 0