• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk idea

zfroggyman

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
ok, before you guys all go tl;dr overpowered griefing ect, hear me out ^ ^:

Searched around the forums but didn't find this idea so here it is: Don't have a name yet for the perk, but its basically a biotic lab prototype guy that has the ability to control zeds for a short amount of time.
While controlling zeds, the mind controller guy cannot move and is vulnerable to attacks, but can go around as a zed with improved damage and speed (maybe health as well).
The higher the threat of a zed (like scrake or FP) the less time they get to control them
The zed has to be in a close enough proximity to be mind controlled (maybe give this perk a special tazer-like projectile that shoots out and attaches to a zed)
To balance easily killing higher end enemies like FPs by purposely standing still and letting your teammates kill it, mindcontrolled zeds only take a small fraction of damage from your own teammates.
You can hurt teammates as a mindcontrolled zed only in friendly fire servers and do ff damage according to the percentage shown----doesnt mean this wil be the new griefer perk as in ff servers you can still kill othe rplayers much easily with guns
To further counter griefing, when you lose control of zeds, the first one they target is you. So if you take over a FP and try to move it near yourteammates to hurt them, as soon as you lose control, it goes after you.
As mentioned earlier, you can't mindcontrol forever, and you can't mindcontroll bosses. For FPs, to be balanced, it could be something like 5 seconds. When you use the mindcontrol on the patriarch, you only get a 1 second stun effect.
To avoid the mindcontroller being able to continuously mindcontrol stuff like FPs after their 5 seconds is up, they are given a rechargable mindcontrol "stamina" bar, such that mindcontrolling a clot will barely use up "mindcontrol stamina" so you can immediatly mindcontrol another enemy after you lose control of a clot, but when you try it on a FP, you lose ALL your stamina, which takes some time to recharge (not fast enough that you can easily mindcontrol the FP yet again)
Your mindcontrol stamina bar does not recharge while having a zed mindcontrolled.
Soo, a basic lvl 6 mindcontroller duration for zeds could be something like this: 5 seconds for FP, 10 seconds for Skrakes, 15 seconds for sirens, bloats, and husks (sirens, bloats, and husks have a cooldown after ea attack), 25 seconds for stalkers and that spider thing-forgot name, and 40 seconds for clots.
Oh and when I say mindcontrol, i meant you completely take control of a zed (see through a zed's eyes persay), not a rts type control.

edit:
and as for weapons, they are mindcontrol weapons that either buff health, damage, or speed. Can't use all 3 of those at the same time. When shooting the mindcontrol projectile, if say you use a +health mindcontrol dart, your zed will have the regular mindcontrol perk buffs, but get extra health (which wears of when you lose control)

Last edited:
How is this gamebreaking :/ you can only control ONE specimen at a time, with a limit on maximum duration. As a specimen, you don't get an ebr and uber spam kill. Most specimen are mele types so most of the specimen that you control will only be able to mele (damage can easily be balanced). If you're talking about being able to mindcontrol FPs or Scrakes, I already talked about the maximum duration (5 seconds max lvl for FP or 10 seconds for scrakes) and the recharge meter. When I say taser btw, I meant something like a device that shoots out a wire at a specimen that uses electro impulses to control them.

Upvote 0
if you guys read the original post, 5 seconds of fleshpound isn't gamebreaking at all. You'll kill about the same amount as a AA12 spam or a ebr spam in the same timeperiod assuming that there is a mob of enemies tightly clustered. And mind control may have been a bad wording, so ill make up a crappy background story for this perk: The controller perk is a prototype bioweapon designed to act as a "general" for the zed army however, as a prototype, it is only capable of controlling one at a time using a electroimpulse device that synchronizes the controller's mind to the zed's mind.

Oh, and refer back to post 1, it's not overpowered. Not everything new becomes automatically overpowered.

Upvote 0
if you guys read the original post, 5 seconds of fleshpound isn't gamebreaking at all. You'll kill about the same amount as a AA12 spam or a ebr spam in the same timeperiod assuming that there is a mob of enemies tightly clustered. And mind control may have been a bad wording, so ill make up a crappy background story for this perk: The controller perk is a prototype bioweapon designed to act as a "general" for the zed army however, as a prototype, it is only capable of controlling one at a time using a electroimpulse device that synchronizes the controller's mind to the zed's mind.

Oh, and refer back to post 1, it's not overpowered. Not everything new becomes automatically overpowered.

AA12 spam?

Are people now referring to the AA12 on the same level as the M14?!

As a lover and avid fan of all 3 shotguns, I am not amused.....

Upvote 0
AA12 spam?

Are people now referring to the AA12 on the same level as the M14?!

As a lover and avid fan of all 3 shotguns, I am not amused.....

I was referring to the best scenerio where 5 seconds of fleshpound would be useful (huge hordes clumped together near teammates). If there is a huge horde with say a scrake mixed in swarming you or your teammates, are you gona take your time semi-autoing for accuracy and conserving ammo? No, you will autofire to annihilate the mob before you get overwhelmed.

Upvote 0
You'll kill about the same amount as a AA12 spam or a ebr spam in the same timeperiod assuming that there is a mob of enemies tightly clustered.
I paid for that ammo though. AA12 spamming isn't overpowered because your ammo used wont recharge afterwards. M14 is only overpowered because there's a craplot of ammo and it barely makes a difference.
The Mind control stuff simply recharges and can be done multiple times for little cost. It'll just get abused.

Upvote 0
I paid for that ammo though. AA12 spamming isn't overpowered because your ammo used wont recharge afterwards. M14 is only overpowered because there's a craplot of ammo and it barely makes a difference.
The Mind control stuff simply recharges and can be done multiple times for little cost. It'll just get abused.

Unless everyone just mindcontrols stalkers for the lulz:D

Upvote 0

I never said the aa12 was overpowered, I was tryign to point how how the controller perk would NOT be overpowered even with a FP controlled for only 5 seconds

Upvote 0