• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Company of heroes

And as far as I remember there are some stunning mods out there, even one that adds the soviets (although it keeps the same gameplay as the normal game, which is a bit boring to me after playing realism mods and then finding out about RO in steam ;) ).

Generally the modding community was very decent in relicnews.com last time I checked about a year ago. Don't expect any new stuff on the actual game though, there is a sort of new online CoH on the works by Relic which I am still not sure if it will be any good.

Overall, one of the best games I have ever played nevertheless so go buy it nao

Upvote 0
Indeed ToV isn't up to vanilla at all, not even up to OF, but hey, for its price you might enjoy a bit the tiger campaign. Its totally CoD-ish but whatever...

Just make sure you buy Gold at least so that all 4 factions are unlocked, cause there are some kick *** mods that you can download afterward that don't require ToV I think.

Upvote 0
My friend and I have been playing this for the comp stomping, but the AI even on normal often proves to be almost too much to handle.

The best thing we can do is find a way to cut them off and make a massive choke point. Otherwise they will find a weakness in your defense and pour everything they have into it and get behind your advance. And once they do that it's pretty much over.

Upvote 0
Company of Heroes has some of the best RTS AI evar. No, it's not perfect, and at the micro-level it will do retarded things like throw infantry at tanks.

But in terms of it's battlefield strategy...it probes defenses, learns where there's a in and then drives it's whole army through.

It took me many, many games to feel comfortable playing the normal AI, and it still gets hairy sometimes. CoH is one of the few RTS games I can play against the AI and not feel like I'm either getting a) totally hosed or b) beating up on a stupid robot.

Upvote 0
CoH has an unbelievably nice gameplay, especially for going online, but unfortunately OF came and well, it was really hard to balance it, especially when they started working on ToV instead of fixing the game, which was quite close just before the release of the 2nd expansion.

Anyway, it has offered me tons and tons of hours of playing/watching replays that I will definitely not forget ever, so I hope more people buy it now just to show to Relic that we want more RTSs like this and not something "mediocre" like Dawn of War II :(

Upvote 0
CoH has an unbelievably nice gameplay, especially for going online, but unfortunately OF came and well, it was really hard to balance it, especially when they started working on ToV instead of fixing the game, which was quite close just before the release of the 2nd expansion.

Anyway, it has offered me tons and tons of hours of playing/watching replays that I will definitely not forget ever, so I hope more people buy it now just to show to Relic that we want more RTSs like this and not something "mediocre" like Dawn of War II :(

I stopped playing short after the expansion came. I don't know, I just don't like what the Brits and Panzer Elite brought to the table. Maybe it was balance issue or just the change to the gameplay, which I thought was near to perfect with just the vanilla factions.

I tried to play it again during the weekend, but it seems most of the players are just stacking the teams so you get really easy or impossible matches. Really hard to get 4 on 4 going with even get sort of balanced teams. Plus the drop hacking...

Relic really needs to make CoH2. This game is far superior to DoW 2.

Upvote 0
I played year or two Company Of Heroes, but all time i was missing more action, realism and more accurate historical game aspects. I find all those in Blitzkrieg mod. New units, better and more specialized doctrines, new graphics and camos for tanks and what is more important game even if is way more realistic it is still fun.

Here are links: http://forum.blitzkrieg-mod.de/index.php?topic=404.0

Upvote 0