• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tiger Tank on Konigsplatz

I just finished playing Germany as a tank commander on Konigsplatz. I had a good crew and decided to use the Tiger as a pure HE anti-infantry role. Ill keep it short in saying that our crew wracked a pretty 110 pts with tiger using HE unless pinned by enemy tank. We still got creamed b/c horrible infantry support but just wondering if anyone else has used the Tiger as anti0infantry vs anti-tank. Let the fausters kill those russians.

Do your job, you might have 5 million points worth of kills but when the russian tanks are at a distance you are the only one who can save the team and counter those tanks.
Use HE as much as you want but to focus only on infantry is just stupid.
oh and :IS2:
Maybe, but it is never russian tanks that gives Russia win, but millions of retard german infantry who chase arty 15x and then whine about "spawn arty". Obviously, Im not saying always load HE, but its a lot more effective than fighting two tanks which are equal if not better than the Tiger by themselves.

Unfortunately, I am not clan so I only play on public severs, but in my experience every German victory was because of good infantry and the Tiger barely made any kills. Besides it is extremely difficult for the Tiger to challenge both Russian tanks b/c of angling against 2. For the first time I decided to hide from tanks and annihilate troops, our tank did a wonderful job (even made many tank kills), it just made me think of a different strategy thats all.

Wirbel

Upvote 0
Decent mg's on axis can turn this map very easily. Sometimes it helps to yell at the team over VOIP which way to go when they spawn.

Tiger should not be using HE however, both mg's are enough to completely cover konigswest if there is only partial smoke. Last time I played however it was me and a friend as driver and gunner with a random pubber who completely failed as mg. I dont understand how thats possible, it has such good sights and no recoil, makes me realize how bad some pub players are.

Upvote 0
I know some pretty ****ty clanners, too.

Really guys, whats with all the pubber hate? They are the life blood and future for any game. There was a time when people took them under their wings and taught them some of the tricks of the RO trade. Now it would appear that experienced players just scream at them, call them noobs, and humiliate them. Its no wonder they just go off an do their own thing.

When the RO:HoS arrives, I think we should all take a deep breath, count to 10 and extend a helping hand to the youngsters. Teach a kid to play RO and you'll have a competitor for life ;) (The older guys I run across will generally ask what they can do to help). Remember, these young Padawans will have several generations of bad gaming tactics (CoD2+, etc) that will need to be eradicated from their thought processes.

Upvote 0
pubbers or any mix of pubbers and clanners.......50players, the russians will win 9/10 rounds. the only way the russians lose is if they run out of time and only have 1 minute left to cap two objectives when they run the germans out of %.

or unless Z***** got another account to drop arty on the russian spawn :D

z b r i s k

is censored? :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Remember, these young Padawans will have several generations of bad gaming tactics (CoD2+, etc) that will need to be eradicated from their thought processes.

Yeah, like you are in a position with a tank, in mg and your gunner is doing his job then a guy gets in as driver and starts to drive, kills us all. Then after you tell him not to drive, you get a "**** you" in response. There are plenty of similar examples...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't just kill infantry. Don't just focus on tanks. Focus on killing every mother ****ing living thing(Exception of your team of coarse) that moves, thats how I see it at least:eek:. HE is especially useful if you can drop it on the center ruined building when Russians are in it.

"pubbers or any mix of pubbers and clanners.......50players, the russians will win 9/10 rounds. the only way the russians lose is if they run out of time and only have 1 minute left to cap two objectives when they run the germans out of %.

or unless Z***** got another account to drop arty on the russian spawn :D

z b r i s k

is censored? :confused:"
Yes our friend, Zbrisk has become such a nuisance that his name has been censored on TWI forums. :rolleyes: Gotta hand it to him, he got enough recognition that even "Hitler" has a better rep than him considering Hitler's name is not censored, As you can see due to me saying Hitler and you being able to read it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0