• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

One thing, in those videos the german IA soldiers run with their weapons in one hand, as explained. But in the first person view, when the player runs, sticks the weapon to his chest (at 01:09, in the silo video). That incongruity looks kinda weird :confused:

Yeah, I noticed that too.

It's probably there to indicate that you are sprinting. Rather strange approach I would say.
Or the Animations haven't been finished yet and they just used the Russian "capture" animations.

Upvote 0
I am becoming thoroughly sodding tired with this nonsense! Who gives a damn if it wasn't used in any numbers in the real war...?? Did people respawn in the war? Did they have a map floating in front of their face? Did they zoom in when they looked down their iron sights e.t.c?

This is a game and compromises will be made for the sake of keeping the game fun for the maximum number of people. Instead of compromising fun and variety for historical accuracy as some of you would prefer.

I hope Tripwire stick to their guns and we get a nice broad playerbase, then those of us who play games because they are fun can ignore all the whining in here and play the game.

Honestly, some of you have told us you don't like the recon plane like 50+ times already, in the space of a few hours. That's not constructive it's incessant :(
Don't get your knickers in a knot.

Upvote 0
As far as I made military service in my country (carrying the MG3) and actually doing airsoft, I normally used to run with the weapon in both hands and close to the body...
Try to run with 9Kg of MG in your hands and you can imagine why...
The lighters weapons like the Kar98k and MP40 are probably what he's talking referring too. Light machine guns like the MG-42 and MG-34 are exceptions. I've held a MG-34 before and you defenetly couldn't hold that thing with one hand.
Vid of a soldier running with a STG44 in one hand. YouTube - TRM Presents: German STG44 Footage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The lighters weapons like the Kar98k and MP40 are probably what he's talking referring too. Light machine guns like the MG-42 and MG-34 are exceptions. I've held a MG-34 before and you defenetly couldn't hold that thing with one hand.
Vid of a soldier running with a STG44 in one hand.

Carrying the Mg-34 with one hand shouldn't be totally out of the question...

YouTube - WW2 German MG34 & MG42 Machine Gun - "Westerwald" & "Erika" Deutsche Marsch Musik

(embed disabled) :p

0:21, 1:38, and 3:49 show soldiers running with the Mg-34 with one hand.

Upvote 0