• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Husk's cannon for Firebug

_Duke_

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
It may not be terribly creative, but surely it'd be easier for Tripwire to implement this than a brand new weapon.
Just tweak/modify the Husk's fire cannon a little, such as it would use ammo or be on a short recharge timer. If it used a timer, and not ammo, the Firebug would suddenly join the Zerker in 'survivalist' mentality, meaning the firebug would no longer run out of 'ammo' for his weapon the way the Zerker lives off of the Katana.

Story-wise, you could just say The Trader found some spare Husk cannons, modified them, and is now offering them to you!...
for a nominal fee, of course. :p

This has already been suggested a billions times, sorry. You're clearly new, so it's no real fault of yours, but try searching for stuff before you suggest it :p
Best to revive an old thread rather than make a new one

...I did use the search feature. There's only 5 Idea threads with "Husk" in the title, or 2 which are Husk's or Husks (3 counting mine), none of which were about giving the Husk cannon to firebug. If the idea is indeed listed somewhere, it's muddled in the midst of some other thread and nigh impossible to find with a search, and definitely didn't have its own thread yet.

Thank you for playing the internet, but you lose, mmmkay?

He said it goes to the Firebug, but since it would use a recharge timer / Overheating, it would be like the Katana in some way.

Yes, thank you, one person not assuming I'm stupid. I wasn't talking about giving the weapon to Berserker, just comparing the 'renewable' ammo to Berserker's katana in terms of new-found self-reliance.

Upvote 0
Warning! A touched up copy and paste from an old thread (which never turned out to be as "continuous" as I had planned).

CupofMud said:
A couple problems I see with this is the weapon's charge time and the fireball's travel time. If each shot is delayed by almost a second, that makes timing a challenge (which is good). The fireball produced isn't the fastest thing out there, so that makes timing critical (which may get annoying). Unless you're shooting down a hallway or somewhere where your targets are confined and their movement is easily predictable, the fireball would whiz past them. Now, I do suppose a solution to that would be for people to learn how to aim for the ground around the specimens instead (much like what Demolitions does). But even then, it just seems like the weapon would be difficult to use, even in the hands of someone very competent.

Upvote 0
Warning! A touched up copy and paste from an old thread (which never turned out to be as "continuous" as I had planned).

That quote you quoted is actually a good reason why the Husk Cannon is a cool idea!
It's a ranged unlimited weapon, which in itself, sounds way too powerful. So there has to be a drawback, and that is aiming and delay. Those are EXCELLENT drawbacks! That makes the weapon better as a midrange weapon... just like the Flamethrower is! Which keeps the perk intact as a more close to midrange fighter, not a sniper one (although it's POSSIBLE to snipe with the Husk cannon i guess, it would be more of a fun, but hard, thing to do).
It would make the class a ****load of fun imo :)

Upvote 0
Tell you the truth, I actually like the idea of using a husk cannon, I mean if a Scrake can use a chainsaw, then so can you and if a husk can use a super ultra mega awesome fire cannon of doom then so can you and for only 7 easy payments of $133.33! BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!! IF YOU CALL AND YOUR FIREBUG LEVEL IS 5 OR ABOVE WE'LL TAKE OFF TWO OF THE PAYMENTS! Call 1800-555-HUSK To order your Husk Cannon today.

Upvote 0
Tell you the truth, I actually like the idea of using a husk cannon, I mean if a Scrake can use a chainsaw, then so can you and if a husk can use a super ultra mega awesome fire cannon of doom then so can you and for only 7 easy payments of $133.33! BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!!! IF YOU CALL AND YOUR FIREBUG LEVEL IS 5 OR ABOVE WE'LL TAKE OFF TWO OF THE PAYMENTS! Call 1800-555-HUSK To order your Husk Cannon today.

:O

OMG! I gotta call now! :D

Upvote 0
Well then you clearly didn't look hard enough. For acting like a dick about it, you're going to get far less supporters. Especially for overused, lame suggestions.

Way to sound like a dick when telling somebody they sound like a dick. As if that will solve anything. Anybody can say, "Use the @%#! search feature!", like a new thread is the end of the world. Yes, searching is handy to keep a forum clean; however, this forum isn't exactly racing through new threads.

When you jump on here and blast somebody for making a suggestion to the game, you sound like a petty elitist who can't be bothered to point out the error of people's ways, but will still take the time to do it out of spite.

I am not condoning his response to your reply. I am, however, pointing out your further attribution to the vitriol because, honestly, I expect better from you. Last I checked, this forum was intended for open-minded suggestions and discussions. Slamming the door on a poster will only embitter them, and provide absolutely no further motivation to contribute to a community-driven game.

Is it that hard to say, "Thanks for the suggestion, though it has been proffered quite a few times in the past. Perhaps that means the devs will actually implement it!"? While this may be an overused suggestion, it would appear it isn't exactly a "lame" one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Way to sound like a dick when telling somebody they sound like a dick. As if that will solve anything. Anybody can say, "Use the @%#! search feature!", like a new thread is the end of the world. Yes, searching is handy to keep a forum clean; however, this forum isn't exactly racing through new threads.

When you jump on here and blast somebody for making a suggestion to the game, you sound like a petty elitist who can't be bothered to point out the error of people's ways, but will still take the time to do it out of spite.

I am not condoning his response to your reply. I am, however, pointing out your further attribution to the vitriol because, honestly, I expect better from you. Last I checked, this forum was intended for open-minded suggestions and discussions. Slamming the door on a poster will only embitter them, and provide absolutely no further motivation to contribute to a community-driven game.

Is it that hard to say, "Thanks for the suggestion, though it has been proffered quite a few times in the past. Perhaps that means the devs will actually implement it!"? While this may be an overused suggestion, it would appear it isn't exactly a "lame" one.

If only I cud quote this for my signature...

Reactions: nath2009uk
Upvote 0
long story short it is an interesting and generally great idea.

I don't know, I don't think I would swing with a Husk cannon in my own hands. Not got a particular reason why, but being the stubborn git that I am it feels sorta.... out of place. Flamethrower isn't generally a widely used weapon, but at least its something that I've heard of and seen before. A Husk cannon is a weapon that throws out firebnalls...

I mean I can't begin to wrap my head around that can even work scientificallly. I'm sure it can be done, but I myself can't begin to imagine how it would work.

Not a bad suggestion, but my knee jerk reaction is I would not use the weapon cause it sorta feels gimmicky rather than legitimate.

This is a gut feeling mind you, so reason isn't affecting it :)

Upvote 0
I like the idea, but it seems like you could get swarmed easily with this weapon.

Probably, but honestly firebug needs a lot of work. TWI could adjust the weight of this, or edit the original Flamethrower, so that it's possible to have both weapons.

That or give the Firebug's version of Husk-Cannon a weak alt-fire, similar to the flamethrower but not as good. Or make the weak attack the 'primary', and the fireball launcher the alt fire, kinda like hunting shotgun's good attack is the 'alt'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: It'd be cool if the 'primary' were a melee swipe that ignites too. To be fair, the Husk should also be given this feature, if used

Edit 2: Or TWI could just make the Husk Fireball an alt-fire of flamethrower, but that'd be lame because Firebug desperately needs a new weapon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Probably, but honestly firebug needs a lot of work. TWI could adjust the weight of this, or edit the original Flamethrower, so that it's possible to have both weapons.

That or give the Firebug's version of Husk-Cannon a weak alt-fire, similar to the flamethrower but not as good. Or make the weak attack the 'primary', and the fireball launcher the alt fire, kinda like hunting shotgun's good attack is the 'alt'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: It'd be cool if the 'primary' were a melee swipe that ignites too. To be fair, the Husk should also be given this feature, if used

Edit 2: Or TWI could just make the Husk Fireball an alt-fire of flamethrower, but that'd be lame because Firebug desperately needs a new weapon.

How about:

Primary fire: Regular Husk fireball
Secondary fire: A close range "flame wave"? (Think of it as a shorter, but wider flame) Meant for multiple / closeby targets :)

Upvote 0