• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

My favorite RO moments...

My favorite RO moments...

RTR tying coreNA on Lyeskrovy 3years ago, RTR friendly with FKR on debrecen 2 1/2years ago, Danzig tournament that SIN won 2years ago(50pc server use was much appreciated), and the first season REDTIDE 1year ago(of which, I hardly participated). The few times I've killed Bswearer=P

worst moments, Playing on a realism server with a French clan and not realizing it....."wtf am I not respawning!". And all the stupid drunkard nights.

And of course all the times spent gaming with the communities greatest bunch of gamers>>>AKA! Been fortunate to have made many friends from the time spent playing RO and I can only hope HOS gives half the gg's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Danzig tournament that cc// won 2years ago

silly goose that wasn't who won that tournament.....in fact i don't believe cc// even participated.....you remember who actually won that event :p i guess i could say -[SiN]- winning that event would be an RO moment that sticks out in my mind, for obvious reasons (my tags ;)).....although it really wasn't my favorite competative moment, it was just kinda cool since it was the first competition our clan was ever involved in and was a nice surprise to actually win :)

on that note, my favorite moment in clan competition was defeating cc// in a championship tiebreaker on ogledow to win season 2 of ROTOUR when the roleague was still going strong........attacking as axis without any real practice as that side and getting a last minute cap of ogledow was a real rush, especially since i think the match was either 11v11 or 12v12

my least favorite competitive moment........well, every time we got spanked by better teams, none really stick out more but i can remember some REALLY poor performances :(:D

edit: btw, always great battles with <RTR> and <AKA>.... i remember our nice draw in the first RedTide that prevented you from winning all 14 (i think) matches.......although <AKA> was still technically undefeated

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had a great moment about a month ago (yeah, I don't psot that often)...

I was on the TWB Old Glory server (needed a bit of change from Danzig) on the Tcherkassy map as a Russian. We'd capped everything through the mortar area, and just needed to cap the German HQ.

After a mad dash up the right side, I was able to get right up outside the HQ building (the last two story house on the map), but didn't want to charge in the door knowing there'd be Germans covering it. I could see there were a couple of MG42s firing out the second story windows. I pulled a grenade, right clicked, aimed and tosses it right into the window.

Grenade goes Boom! Kills show up on the screen... FIVE KILLS with one grenade! I then ran in and found I'd cleared the whole thing with that one grenade.

We capped about 10 seconds after because of that one grenade. All the while I kept announcing over voice not to throw grenades in because I didn't want to be TKed!

The round ends, I check rolling screen (where you do admin stuff) and discovered I'd actually taken out SIX Germans.

I was a happy little boshevik at that point.
grin.gif

Upvote 0
Stabbing/bashing Copperhead ( I really do have multiple screenshots):IS2:

On a serious note my favorite moment i can remember from pub play was on hedgehog. As an axis AT soldier i begin the round running towards the west farm and i see a universal carrier speeding towards the cap on the left side. Out of reflex i take a hipshot with the panzerfaust and nail it right before it gets out of my view. *Receives 'Toaster' achievement*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was this one time I was on Vidzeme. Our team was doing okay, but eventually we were pushed back to the trenches. Here's where the fun starts. I hop on the AT gun and start scanning for targets. A German Panzer IV Ausf-E comes over the hill, its side facing towards me. I fire, and the tanks blows up, killing all 3 crew members inside. I switch to HE after that, and swiveled to fire at a machine-gun who had been harassing our guys. He was up against those ruins across the brook from the trenches, so I fired against the wall. Turns out there were about 5 Germans lying close to him, because I got about 6 kills out of that.

Later that same round, on the same life (I had gotten off the AT gun because there was a half-track on our right flank and I wanted to kill it with my PTRD) I was lying in the trenches, hiding from the tank that had just appeared on a hill to our right and killed our preoccupied AT gun, when suddenly it started raining grenades. Most of them exploded just outside of the trench, but a few landed in the trench and killed four or so of my buddies. I was miraculously unharmed. Suddenly, six Germans came pouring into the trench. I took aim and started firing wildly with my TT-33. By some miracle, I killed 5 of them (they all came in very close together and were in a sort of disorganized column from my point of view, with only one rank and the side of that rank facing me) before I ran out of ammo. The last one left was a rifleman, and he fired a single shot from the hip at me which missed. Not having time to reload, I got up and ran at him, drawing my TT-33 back to smash him in the face. He did the same, bayonet fixed and pointed at me. Somehow, he missed me and I whacked him in the face with the TT-33, killing him. It was amazing. Nothing like that's ever happened to me again; I've had rambo moments where I've mowed down several Germans with a PPSH-41, or just been a badass for the whole round (the Ultimate Hero and that stuff) but I've never had such a moment happen to me since that round.

In contrast to that, there was that time that I killed our own T-34 with a PTRD.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm new to RO, and I'll just write down my current favourite moments so far. However, I don't remember the names of the maps, but If it helps, I play on the Wild Bunch 50 player server. :p

• Shot an Axis soldier in the face with a PTRD at extreme close range.
  • Sitting in a bunker with my squad as it gets heavily shelled by arty, tank and MG fire.
  • Jumping into a trench and getting 5 kills with a PPSh-43.
  • Blindfiring a pistol and killing someone I never saw.
  • Breaking the silence with a full drum of DP-28 fire and killing about 7 enemies. The response was: "._. lol".
  • Having a last stand in a trench as we get assaulted at extreme close range by tanks and halftracks. Thanks to satchel charges from me and a teammate, we managed to hold on and win.
  • Popping a halftrack's machinegunner with my boltie.
  • Securing an extremely close victory with an IS-2. :IS2:
  • Attacking a trench with two volleys of grenades from every soviet player. The explosions were awesome.
  • Putting my head out of a foxhole to have a tank shell hit right near my face on the ground in front of me, bounce off into the air, and land with a mini-explosion.
  • Putting my head out of the hatch in a T-34 and going back in again, narrowly avoiding a burst of MG-42 fire.
  • Watching arty rain down all over the place.

I love this game!!! Shame about the neo-nazis, though. :(

Reactions: mandead
Upvote 0