• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

I was on the Reichstag approach map, as a Russian engineer. We had a Tiger on our left side cutting down infantry. Well placed and difficult to get for our tanks. So I started a flanking move, crawling, running, hiding. Till it saw me and tried to gun me down. Using cover I was able to get to its flank but then I was on open terrain, so I decided to try to outrun the turret, running around the tank as I approached it, while they were trying to rotate the slow turret.
I can see it in slow motion, getting closer and closer, preparing the satchel, just a few meters from throw range and.. BLAM! Killed by a bolt rifle from my own team!
I had a fit of laughter as I saw a big red FAIL! appearing before my eyes. :D

Oh well, I have to stand up for my battle name: pvt_fail

Upvote 0
I was on Danzing and I was playing as a German machinegunner with MG-42 and was hiding before the right-hand bridge (german's right) behind some boxes and I was facing to the left bridge, and then from the right bridge, so close to me, there was 9001 russians running up to me. I spun the MG around and shot them all in one long burst.

Upvote 0
Hockeywarrior and I were doing some tanking on Rakowice (wish I filmed it), we were in a Stug, a t34 came over the hill and gave us a good blast and our engine gave out. We both bailed, but i think hockeywarrior got gunned down. I slipped behind some crates where the t34 couldnt see me.

I began to run up next to the T34, under gunfire from nearby infantry.. I lost my mp40 to a stray shot. The t34's sister SU-76 was just a ways beside it. I whipped out my grenade (tank commander class) and chucked it in the back of the SU-76. The driver and gunner were promptly blown to bits in quite an impressive little blast. I then began to sneak up and stalk the t34. I was following it for some time. The commander popped out to use his binoculars and I shot him with my luger; though I didnt manage to kill him and he quickly retreated back into the tank. It began spinning it's turret looking for me, so I went prone next to the tank, hiding in it's blind spot. Needless to say, I followed right on his heel for a few minutes, taking shots the commander whenever he popped out.

By the end of it, hockeywarrior was on a small hill, getting a bead on the commander with a sniper rifle, but then the round ended :(

Upvote 0
On danzig sneaking into the Germ building that covers langer , there were six germans lined up in the windows , snuk up behind them & I bayoneted them all one by one down the line , none of them even turned around , when the bayo kills icon was done showing on the screen
then one of their team over the public voip saying "OH My F%@K!"
probably my first & only hex-a-bayo , wish i could have recorded it....

Upvote 0
I just played a game on Real Forests Arad worth remembering.

I was playing as the Russians, and we were greatly outnumbered by German paunzers and tanks outside the spawn. So, as a last ditch and half joking attempt, I got in one of those trucks and began telling the Germans I was a civilian. After some convincing about my uniform being a hot new Ukranian fashion and my red text being from a rare disease, I then passed Checkpoint A...to discover that only half the Germans recodnized my newly given German citizenship. I then spent the rest of the game working with half of the Germans to try and smuggle me to Germany.

Unfortunately, I had to leave, but I made it close a few times :p

Upvote 0
two recent moments

in smolensk, I had to leave soon so I took axis and drove the halftrack. 5 minutes later, we hadn't capped yet but I got 32 points from runover kills:IS2:

in zhitomir1941, as a german rifleman, we had to cap the last obj and we ran out while ruskies had 5% left. eventually we grind them to 0 but only 5 of us are left. me and the other 4 riflemen took out 10 guys in church, recapped, and moved in on warehouse from via church and clear a few out there. a nade kills my 4 teamates and im the only one left, with no rifle ammo. i dance and pick up a ppsh while some guy shoots at me, and I then kill him. killed 3 with a nade, it was 50/50, and I shot the last guy and we won. this was with ~30 secs left

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As a russian MG on Tscherkassy, you can run to the utter right side from the first russian spawn to setup under a tree or on a tank-obstacle to oversee the whole of the german slope leading to ruins there.

I picked off rougly 15 germans there running to ruins, the physics are nice enough to see the bodies rolling down of the slopes slowly while new bodies join them.

Tscherkassy is DP28 heaven come to think of it.

Upvote 0
Hah. I had not looked in this thread since I made a post. I didn't realize that so many people enjoyed bashing me. Pretty popular guy.

I have bayoed deadbolt, rear, and bswearer.. but I don't have any screen shots :(.
I don't know if I ever got Irish. Oh well.

I got Ramm, and he is a better trophy than any other ro nub.

Upvote 0
My best moment was when the squad leader was yelling at the 25 russians that we needed to advance into the forest, well the germans had good fighting positions and had taken every area in it. On top of that it was being shelled during the time! Well we werent moving fast enough so he started shotting into the crowd with his pistol and i ran and dived into a crater and waited for a while. I waited until all of the men had rushed into the forest and when i finaly made it to the area the battle was over and there was ntohing left but body parts and a ton of rifles all over.

Upvote 0
My best moment was my last play through early this morning. I couldnt be sniper cause it was maxed out by time the map change got me into the new map. So I had to rely on the M1891/30 bolt action rifle and iron sights. Saw a german running from left to right way off in the distance, based off my rifle manual for my gun theres a chart from the Ministry of Defense showing what you can see on a person and roughly the range. I gauged this German to be around 700 meters away, which the manual says the only thing noticeable is the leg movement of the soldier running or walking is visable. I could see that, I how ever couldnt see patches of skin coloring which would be 300 - 400 meters and I couldnt distiguish features of the Germans shoulders or face which would be 200 meters, and I sure as hell couldnt make out details of hands, weapons, and uniform which would be 150 meters.

Well I aimed pulled some lead to the right and squeezed off a single round and instantly saw the guys helmet pop off and he fell in mid stride. I instantly unlocked the Bronze achievement of Execellent Marksman. I liked how I got a single shot kill with a bolt action rifle with iron sights on a running target at a long range but was upset to find out that based off my gun manual the game wasnt that accurate and he was about 100 meters away even though with my maxed out settings I could not make out details of his gun or his hand or even his uniform which would be clearly visable to 150 meters.

Another one was in the german hanger heading forward I didnt want the M1891/30 rifle cause honestly the sights are akward and blocking of your view unlike on the real weapon which seems to be more open and a wider field of view. I dont know if its cause im playing on a smaller screen laptop with resolution maxed out for the best detail or what. But I dropped the rifle down and picked up a german K98 sniper rifle and laid atop the second level exterior exit door. I got four headshots off of german infantry men running at a good range with their own gun and their own ammunition. I had to laugh at the irony of that and I had to laugh more cause I like to sling insults with the taunt menu towards any and all enemies I kill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hah. I had not looked in this thread since I made a post. I didn't realize that so many people enjoyed bashing me. Pretty popular guy.

I have bayoed deadbolt, rear, and bswearer.. but I don't have any screen shots :(.

How was talking to my sister?

Upvote 0
My best moment was my last play through early this morning. I couldnt be sniper cause it was maxed out by time the map change got me into the new map. So I had to rely on the M1891/30 bolt action rifle and iron sights. Saw a german running from left to right way off in the distance, based off my rifle manual for my gun theres a chart from the Ministry of Defense showing what you can see on a person and roughly the range. I gauged this German to be around 700 meters away, which the manual says the only thing noticeable is the leg movement of the soldier running or walking is visable. I could see that, I how ever couldnt see patches of skin coloring which would be 300 - 400 meters and I couldnt distiguish features of the Germans shoulders or face which would be 200 meters, and I sure as hell couldnt make out details of hands, weapons, and uniform which would be 150 meters.

Well I aimed pulled some lead to the right and squeezed off a single round and instantly saw the guys helmet pop off and he fell in mid stride. I instantly unlocked the Bronze achievement of Execellent Marksman. I liked how I got a single shot kill with a bolt action rifle with iron sights on a running target at a long range but was upset to find out that based off my gun manual the game wasnt that accurate and he was about 100 meters away even though with my maxed out settings I could not make out details of his gun or his hand or even his uniform which would be clearly visable to 150 meters.

Well, everything appears smaller in the game because of the way the FOV works on your screen, one of the reasons that they are including the zoom in HoS.

Upvote 0
I was on Manniikkaallaa (sp). I was prone on one of the ridges as axis. I saw a allied rifleman running in the distance. He was as far away from me as possible on that map. I paced him, calculated the lead, and a moment before I was going to fire my mouse cable went taught which caused me to press the fire button on accident. Once I got my cable under control I looked for the rifleman and realized I got the kill anyways. When he re-spawned he went to the same place and this time I got the kill on purpose.

In HoS, (ya i'm going there) I snuck into the basement and ran deep into enemy lines. When I came out of the basement I was at the back of a room full of enemies that had my team pinned down. I ran up and got 5-6 before Ramm turned around and shot me.

On another map in HoS, I was on a tripod MG scanning for Dr. Guppy, who had killed me 4 times in a row... I heard a call out on TS that enemies were on the bridge so I laid on the trigger and covered the bridge in holes. Once I ran out of ammo, I realized I was shooting the wrong bridge lol. It still felt great to cause that much mayhem.

Upvote 0

I'm pretty sure I killed you once (I cant remember the exact map, but it was snowy, German defense, and started with a T, I think "Terchassy"?).

I was under the name "Civilian", and I saw a ton of Russians pour out of the smokescreen. Panicking, I shot the in front, unable to clearly see as artillery pounded everywhere...and then I saw "you TKed something Copperhead", before the Russian who was right next to you (he wasn't shooting for some reason) then shot me. So much for that xD

Upvote 0
I've been playing for some years now but there's only one particular moment I can think of (Not that there hasn't been good moments, I just don't remember most of them). It was on Kriegstadt and we were trying to take the last objective (moltke bridge I think it was called) and we were running out of time. So I typed UUURAAAA and charged into the capzone. We did manage to take the bridge, with just 7 seconds left. I've played Kriegstadt (berlin) on DH a couple of times but it's just not the same as playing with russians vs germans.

Upvote 0