• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

would you pay for a mod (like DH, MN, CC) in ROHOS?

would you pay for a mod (like DH, MN, CC) in ROHOS?

• Total voters
I dont want community splits so ideally I'd only see mods like CC that are addons available to all players. Unless a mod is so different that the community by default is already split. Like for instance the original RO, Airbuccaneers, Killing Floor which were vastly different from its base game UT2k4 that they catered to different people.

Even though I do think that modders deserve money for their hard work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the one thing I believe could be a great idea. It allows mod teams to be more motivated and see something in return for their work which will result in a mod that is turned out quicker and more professionally AND the core game gets a publicity boost. I wouldn't want the devs to be working on the mods instead of the core game however. Just providing tips/tools/resources kind of thing. Otherwise it will just be an expansion.

I love the whole idea of Tripwire being a benefactor to the mod scene and would love to see it fleshed out. Starting with Killing Floor, the Ball, (and AirBucs???!) and then it continuing with officially recognized mods would be an interesting idea.

Reactions: Lustmord
Upvote 0
More or less the exact same question/poll that we already have in another thread. Pay for mods?, I mean sure they are quality and a pure extension to the core game if done right but they're still mods, unless the modders have a deal with TWI they ain't even allowed too charge for it and quality can't be ensured officially.

The question is kinda dull really...

Upvote 0
I dont want community splits so ideally I'd only see mods like CC that are addons available to all players. Unless a mod is so different that the community by default is already split. Like for instance the original RO, Airbuccaneers, Killing Floor was vastly different from its base game UT2k4.

Even though I do think that modders deserve money for their hard work.

this

This would have to be a professionally made mod on par with the actual game in terms of quality. But, that wouldn't be a mod, it would be more like an expansion pack. Like Rising Storm.

and this

if RS ends up becoming as polished and professionally made as ROHOS, then i would pay for it as an expansion pack. although CC, MN and DH were nice mods, i would have never paid to play them because simply weren't up to par with ROOST from a quality standpoint. like zets said what i want to see from an expansion pack is that it is better integrated with ROHOS than what we saw with the mods for ROOST like MN and DH. something even as small as integrated server browers would go a long way.

Upvote 0
Went with the third option, because if the mod is of the same quality as the core game, or better, I wouldn't mind compensating the guys who worked hard on it. I'm with Amerikaner on this. It allows a potentially good mod team to actually get in to the industry, injecting new talent in there, while we get a great expansion pack to a great game for what, going by Tripwires record of pricing DLC, would most likely be a reasonable price.

Reactions: Lustmord
Upvote 0