• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Road to Perdition-Beta

man i love how when we have these mission maps, people think im spawning 100+ zombies at a time. Like i say on every mission map someone complains about this;

DO NOT TRUST THE ZOMBIE COUNTER

There are no more that 40 zombies in that map at a time (unless your soloing)

If your soling, you might get some fps drop because there is less firepower thus more zombies in the map at a time. So i recommend you play this map with a team.

besides this map gameplay was meant for 3+ Players.

Oh and in the final version i will be adding the run back spawn triggers, so if you decide to spawn the zombies and run back as a tactic, you wont be able to do that in the final version

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crashan

Crashan

Hey guys, the map keeps crashing on me whenever I try to load it. Solo, multiplayer, it's the same deal. One of the times it crashed I was met with an error message saying that I needed to free up some virtual memory for it to load. Another time it gave me an error message about a texture failing to load.

Now I don't think that there's a problem with the memory, I have 4gb of RAM and about 90gb left in the external KF is running from. As for the texture deal, everything was installed correctly and sequentially reinstalled correctly as well.

I was just wondering if you have heard anything about this problem or have any idea of what may be going on on my end.

Thanks, and the map looks great, I really can't wait to play it! :D

Upvote 0
everyone who keeps crashing please post your system spec (ram and vid card)

We have been having problems with people on low end comps crashing casue of the size of the MyLevel. Hence the packets.

BUT

We still need to packet up the StaticMeshes we are hoping taht will help. But that will be for final version.

If you tweak your Video Settings Under Virtual Memory, I have heard that this helps alot.

Whats happening is the comp is trying to load the MyLevel (during map load) Then there isnt enough Memory to load the lvl so your Comp will crash, and give you an error. (most common has been the virtual memory error, so we believe this is the issue)

AKA: No Virtual Memory left to load anything so comp crashes

Last edited:
Upvote 0
NVIDIA Users (Potential crash fix)?

NVIDIA Users (Potential crash fix)?

My computer specs:

Operating System: Windows 7
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L
Processor: Intel Q8200 Quad-Core CPU @ 2.8Ghz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 - Latest Driver Version: 258.96 WHQL
Memory: 4094MB RAM

When S281 invited me to play the other day to try the map out, I too had crashed twice before I managed to get my game crash-free.

I believe I had both errors as ZFDcorpz did, but I know for a fact I shouldn't be crashing from a lack of RAM or HDD space.

So, as for how I got my game to run on this map after crashing twice. (Nvidia Users)

Go to Start-> Control Panel-> NVIDIA Control Panel-> Manage 3D settings-> Program settings: Add Killing Floor to the list of games, if it isn't already-> Then turn on "Extension limit" from off to on.

I believe this is all I did to fix my crashing problem. I'd have to agree with S281 that this is a graphics card/driver related issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great map Thx Fel and S281 :D

So I install the map without problem on my servers and I also play with my friends without problem :)

But we've been quickly blocked from the beginning of the game here:

[url]http://nsa17.casimages.com/img/2010/08/14/100814022508374464.jpg[/URL]

So we're playing again and we remain stuck on the screenshot you see above and the meter is stuck at 15 as we had killed all the specimens I note that no specimens had landed at this spot screenshot, we had just to kill the wave before and we walked just seeing the counter down by itself and it is staying in block 15 and then nothing we've waited 10 minutes and still nothing and has simply the map again three times and always the same block in the same place with the stuck 15 :(

You think that this is indeed a bug or a mistake on my part???:(

Just for information, although I took the link to the beginning of the post,and I had no problems installing on my server and also access the map either to another player or myself

Sorry for my bad english :(

Upvote 0
No problem. The map isn't set up like a normal map and has some parts which require the player(s) to activate certain things in order to proceed through the level. There should be a text dialogue that pops up though every time a player reaches one of those areas/events.

I am unforgivable I have finished the map several times with FEL :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am unforgivable I have finished the map several times with FEL

Lol, oh ok. I have been playing with a few people who haven't beaten the map yet and can already see where some editing of game play needs to be. Although Fel is the one who alters the zeds spawning. Anyone else been able to beat the map yet? The ending is pretty cool and helps set up map 2.

Upvote 0
hehe i tried it solo on beginner. and i didnt realize i had to wait a certain amount of time in the beginning to be able to proceed i thught if i got away from a few of the zeds it wouldn't matter. but noo in the beggining i get to the end of the tunnel with unknown time left because the timer didn't work. and the gate was closed. and guess what flooded down the stairs? the continuesly spawning zeds!! oh joy... good map though

Upvote 0
hehe i tried it solo on beginner. and i didnt realize i had to wait a certain amount of time in the beginning to be able to proceed i thught if i got away from a few of the zeds it wouldn't matter. but noo in the beggining i get to the end of the tunnel with unknown time left because the timer didn't work. and the gate was closed. and guess what flooded down the stairs? the continuesly spawning zeds!! oh joy... good map though

lol :D

after the car alarm goes off, and you kill the zeds. wave ends, and you go down to the tunnel to the sewer.

there it will say you next objective at wave 2 down in the actual sewer area

Last edited:
Upvote 0
everyone who keeps crashing please post your system spec (ram and vid card)

We have been having problems with people on low end comps crashing casue of the size of the MyLevel. Hence the packets.
[...]
AKA: No Virtual Memory left to load anything so comp crashes

Intel C2D
4GB RAM
nVidia GTX 260
Windows 7 64 bit
DX 9/10/11

Scenario 1
nVidia 197.45 drivers, KF render device "Direct 3D", paging file disabled, extension limit off:
out of virtual memory crash on map load

Scenario 2
nVidia 197.45 drivers, KF render device "Direct 3D", paging file enabled, extension limit on:
texture load crash on map load

Scenario 3
nVidia 258.96 drivers, KF render device "Direct 3D", paging file disabled, extension limit off:
CreateTexture failed(8007000E). crash on map load

Scenario 4
nVidia 258.96 drivers, KF render device "Direct 3D", paging file enabled, extension limit on:
CreateCubeTexture failed(8007000E) crash on map load

Scenario 5:
nVidia 258.96 drivers, KF render device "Direct 3D 9.0", paging file disabled, extension limit off:
successful map load and game play

Observation:
The paging file is a red herring. The virtual memory error is caused by the extension limit off setting in certain scenarios. Even with 32GB pagefile I would receive the virtual memory error. Secondly, extension limit on is definitely for compatibility, and maybe helps some people with certain versions of driver/D3D.

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_6.html said:
Extension Limit: This option is usually set to Off by default. It indicates whether the driver extension string has been trimmed for compatibility with a particular application (On) or not (Off) for optimal performance and minimal problems. The main use for this setting is in the pre-defined Application Profiles included in the Forceware drivers, in that some games require this to be set to On to prevent problems. In general you shouldn't change this option unless specifically directed to do so. Off is the default and best setting in most cases.

Forcing render device "Direct 3D 9.0" from within KF display options probably solves these crashes for most people, without the need to adjust display drivers. For example, I didn't require extension limit on with Direct 3D 9.0 rendering and nVidia 258.96 drivers.

I hope this info helps. Thank you for the map!

TGressus

Upvote 0