• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No Bloats of Sirens near end of wave

When there is a low number of ZEDs left Bloats and Sirens should not be allowed to spawn simply because when they do it's always miles away and they are such slow movers.

Sometimes you think a ZED has gotten stuck somewhere but it hasn't, its just a slow moving bloat that happened to spawn last.

Nope.
It's probably there so people don't camp the Trader.
TWI wants you to WORK for your trader time, boy! ;)
Also, where's the suggestion? I see no question mark.

Are these two posts even related? I fail to see how THAT is an answer to the thread. Plus, I don't think suggestion need question marks, those are questions you're thinking about. About the topic: It's kind of irrelevant can't you wait a minute? Actually no, it's useful since you have more time to look for weapons/ammo/armour.

Upvote 0
IF i remember correctly there was an update a bit ago i believe 1003 that made ZEDs die after a certain period of time if im correct, if they were out of range. :eek: but i don't know for sure.

If there's six or less, and they're out of range for long enough, yeah, they just die. This is especially noticeable on farm. Also, some specimens are immune (this won't happen to them), such as the scrake.

Upvote 0
They are related, He's saying "No, keep bloats / sirens spawning at the end".

IMO, it doesn't really matter, yet it is extremely annoying, but most of the times they die before you see them, which makes me wonder if it is a bloat/siren or a stuck clot.

At the end is exactly where you want them. If some players have died and the survivors are hanging on by the skin of their teeth its the special zeds that can and noramlly end up making them fail. Particulary the range from Sirens. A killer if you are last man standing on low health and down to your pistol.

Upvote 0
If there's six or less, and they're out of range for long enough, yeah, they just die. This is especially noticeable on farm. Also, some specimens are immune (this won't happen to them), such as the scrake.

You sure about that? iv seen it happen with scrakes and fleshpounds.

Iv noticed if theres like 5 or 6 out of range, they all die, but if theres only 1 left, it takes a loooong time to be killed

Upvote 0
At the end is exactly where you want them. If some players have died and the survivors are hanging on by the skin of their teeth its the special zeds that can and noramlly end up making them fail. Particulary the range from Sirens. A killer if you are last man standing on low health and down to your pistol.

Yes, quite so.

The idea of a Fleshpound at the end of waves sounds pretty challenging / fun aswell.

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
A fleshpound at the end would be fine.

I've been remaking an old map and I've found that it's nearly always a bloody Bloat that causes the problem.

Can I wait? yeah I usually go get a biscuit or have a piss because it takes so long for him to get to us. And lets face it he's NOT a threat, a full squad waiting for something to turn up and "Oh look it's Fatty again, Hurry up fatty" and then he blows up as a full squad launches an Alpha Strike on his fat ****.

Come on has the final Siren or Bloat EVER got within attacking range before being turned into chopped liver?

Upvote 0
yea, just when there is a few specimens left and everyone starts to head for to 100 meter away trader, they shat their pants when a fleshy turns the corner.

I've seen something like that in Bedlam on suicidal once. 7x specimen left and suddenly 6x flushes spawned behind a corner. Ironically the few other sharpshooters apparently shat bricks and few seconds later I was the last man standing. Nothing beats the buggy spawn in manor and the game starts flooding sirens though :p

I do have to agree with OP that it's rather annoying once you can hear siren\bloat moving on the other side of the map and you're already at the trader and your only option is either just to find something to read or just hunt them down.

Upvote 0