• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

why is there no way to make custom character packs.

mikeloeven

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
this is somthing that has kinda bugged me. the game eaisly allows you to replace the textures on an existing character to customize the skin but this feature has several issues.

it overwrites the existing character and only works if you have the dlc needed for that character slot even if the modded character was built from the ground up and not using any copyrighted dlc material.

it can only be seen on the local computer people will post [works online] but that means that in online games you can see the skin but everyone else will see the default character type.

i want to know why tripwire hasn't come up with an official way to create DLC that can truly add additional characters and character slots. and if trip wire could make a viable way to automatically transfer the custom models to the other players online that would be nice too.

Last edited:
i want to know why tripwire hasn't come up with an official way to create DLC that can truly add additional characters and character slots.
Use the SDK

and if trip wire could make a viable way to automatically transfer the custom models to the other players online that would be nice too.

Do you really want to DL skins every single time you join a server? I dont

Upvote 0
well downloading skins from server is not the same as downloading skins from the other players. you will only see the server skins. what i was asking for is a system controlled by a optional checkbox that allos the server to grab the current skins texture right out of everyones system folder and transfer it to the cache of every other player so that everyone can see everyone elses skins.

Upvote 0
i dont belive that. if anything competition from player artists will make tripwire come out with better characters in the future or even better tripwire could buy characters from artists and repackage them as official DLC. besides how much can trip wire make off of their dlc when it is so dirt cheep in the first place both packs for less than 5$ is nothing for most people. not to mention the fact that killing floor is far from the only game tripwire makes money from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0