• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Removing the farming mutators from the Whitelist.

Removing the farming mutators from the Whitelist.

• Yes, they are just being used as a cheap way to gain exp.

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • No, they don't give players enough of an advantage to be considered unfair.

Votes: 21 30.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's just retarded. Everyone that supports this is already level 6 from early leveling back when it was easier, or has already used the mutators to get there. A majority of them steal everyone's kills and make it hard for the new players to not only level but make enough money for the next round, but now you've made it more difficult for the new players to catch up to the others?

Tell me, what is the real benefit of dropping them from white list when there are so many other imbalances? If you're interested in making it take longer for all the new players, might as well cut all the old player's levels in half so they feel the sting too. But then again, that would never happen, this update wasn't about fairness, was it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tell me, what is the real benefit of dropping them from white list when there are so many other imbalances? If you're interested in making it take longer for all the new players, might as well cut all the old player's levels in half so they feel the sting too. But then again, that would never happen, this update wasn't about fairness, was it? :rolleyes:

1. The benefit of removing the grinding mutators IS to rid of imbalances. Alot of people still are working on making the perk system fair as we speak.

2. Not everybody here has grinded their perks up to level 6, check the play time that alot of people have here.

3. As for cutting the older players perks in half, that wouldn't be fair at all. Those people were here far before the newer players, such as since the games release, and for that alone they should not lose their perks over such stupid reasons. I mean really, we have alot of old mod veterans here who played since the very first version in 2005, would it really be right to dis your Killing Floor elders like that?

4. This update IS about fairness. We've had far too many people abusing exploits such as the certain now-patched console commands, and the amount of damage people racked up from playing Bloated and Fleshpounds. Those mutators were NOT FAIR to the people who actually wanted to play the game for REAL.

Now stop whining and go PLAY fo' rizzle. Mah Homie Dewg Dizzle

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Olivier:
But you were level 6 before you reset I assume, which makes it totally not count. It's individual player's choice to reset, and most players (not the forum go'ers) are happy with their level 6's and don't plan on resetting. Removing the only way to level up faster, when others have already gotten to reap it's benefits, isn't about choice. Everyone under lvl 6 is forced to conform to it, and the next month or 3 will be more or less dominated by the 6'ers, as many still hang around the normal difficulty servers.

All I'm saying is, the only ones benefiting from this are the ones already leveled. It's going to make the game feel much much more grindy, which is never good. Not because they can't level up faster, but because there's already people leveled up that they have to compete against. The "grind" is one of the biggest complaints of any online game. Why do you think there's so many MBR haters? Because a level 6 can get it quickly, mop up on kills, slow your leveling, and mess up the cash inflow between rounds.

Rudo:
You're just another level 6 wanting it to be harder on the rest. You speak of fairness, but "fair" assumes everyone feels it equally. I'm not arguing that the game wouldn't be better if everyone had to level normally in-game to begin with. I'm arguing that the damage is already done, and they're making it worse by not allowing others to catch up.

And you were whining LONG before I came in to tell the other side of the story. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was lvl 6 before in 5 perks because i've played this game for more than 600 hours man. Now i'm stuck with my lvl 1-4 and i'm fine with it. Grinding doesnt make you a good player and its even worst when you are using the m14 (overpowered and too much bullets). And for the players with lvl 6 perks on normal servers, well i'm pretty sure that they also grinded their perks because they cant play on higher levels.

Reactions: Rudo
Upvote 0
I was lvl 6 before in 5 perks because i've played this game for more than 600 hours man. Now i'm stuck with my lvl 1-4 and i'm fine with it. Grinding doesnt make you a good player and its even worst when you are using the m14 (overpowered and too much bullets). And for the players with lvl 6 perks on normal servers, well i'm pretty sure that they also grinded their perks because they cant play on higher levels.

Again, you're missing the point that not everyone leveled up just playing on servers. Sure, that's cool that you did. But I ASSUME this patch was for everyone.

No one said that grinding makes you a good player. However, I'd like to see you go try suicidal with your lvl 1-4. Level 6 has advantages no matter how you look at it, free weapon = faster cash + damage bonuses = less ammo used, etc.

As for the level 6's on normal servers, you're making a lot of assumptions. They're not playing there because they have to. They're playing there because they like the massive easy kills. They tend to run off solo or stay at the front of the group and just slaughter everything. They could easily do the hard difficulty, but I'm guessing they joined normal because they weren't wanting the challenge.

Upvote 0
"Big blob of nonsense"

You obviously have no idea what you've been saying here, about keeping perk leveling fair, and other things such as level 6 perks playing on Normal.

Having the mutators on the whitelist was unfair in the first place, it allowed others to just grind all day while playing solo and get their perks ahead of others who were playing normally. Now that is not fair. And about the damage already being done, you're right. Alot of damage has been done, but allowing it to continue will change nothing for the better.

And here's another FYI, not everybody just wants kills. I usually play on Normal or Hard, sometimes beginner to have some dumb fun, or help other people level. Whether it's just keeping them alive, or giving them a free weapon, it's nice to play something besides Suicidal, and usually they're happy to have me on the easier difficulty levels.

Also, I enjoy how you immediately accuse me of grinding/exploiting and wanting the game to be harder for others, which would just screw me over in the long run. Someone a bit jealous that they didn't start playing the day the game was released? :rolleyes: Hehe. I'm gonna go and keep playing the game normally, regardless of my perk levels while you sit here and bawww yourself out that you can't avoid playing the game the way it was intended to be played, and gaining an advantage over others, while using "fairness" as a way to cover that fact up, even though we all know that true Killing Floor skill comes from actual experience, and not your perk.

In the end, the mutators have been de-whitelisted, and there is nothing anybody can do about it. The community has spoken, take a look at the top of this thread. Both Tripwire and the honest players can now rest easily knowing that one less way of ruining the game is around. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the mutators are finally blacklisted....it's about time....there is nothing anyone can do about it. using the arguement that it's not fair to new players because you assume veteran players used them to level their perks is a terrible point to argue. in fact the leveling requirements for many perks were much higher before the november update and the only people who benefited from the reductions were the newer players, which is exactly why TW reduced them. all that really seemed to do was actually encourage more people to "powerlevel" and exploit the mutators because they realized that it was much easier to get all their perks leveled quicker and then they'd not have to worry about leveling anymore.

i pitty anyone who was so worried about leveling their perks that they sat in servers playing bloated or poundamonium (on beginner) for hours on end just to level their perks to the max. and most of all, i pitty anyone that seriously believes that the people who fought so hard to have this problem addressed only did so because they abused the mutators in the past and just wanted to stop new players from being able to also powerlevel. to all the new "June 2010" members.....maybe do a little research. you'll find that most of the people in this thread (and others) who wanted this mutator issue resolved have been asking for it as early as the first month the game was even out :cool:

the game is a hell of a lot more fair now that it was 2 days ago. why should anyone want to "catch up"? there's no competition here. nobody cares what your perk level is. play the game on normal and hard. level your perks like everyone had to in the past. play the game, invest as many hours as veteran players have and work your way up to earn your perks just like the majority of players have done before you even knew the game existed. this game isn't about how you rank compared to others. it's not about having equal perks as everyone else. it's about having fun. the perk/leveling system is just there to guide you and act as an incentive to play the game in order to work towards something.

jeeeez, it's like 30-40 year olds whinning about wanting to start collecting social security. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Wow i didn't think people could be that sad...

I've come to expect people abusing the exploit for levelling purposes by the railway on Departed every time i join it. But it takes some really sad players to be exploiting up there, both at lvl6 Demo, when they gain nothing from it at all. Especially when 1 of them had over 1000 kills, giving the impression he'd been solo glitching all most the game...

Upvote 0
Bigger blob of nonsense

Re-read my posts troll. I never accused you personally of anything. Although you're showing just how mature you are being about this. Judging by the fact that you have every single achievement and have some 300+ hours into the game, I'd say this doesn't even affect you, and again, you're another level 6 wanting it it harder on the rest.

I already said I agree, they never should have been whitelisted to begin with. And yes, this will be better in the "long run". But my argument is that this will hurt new players "now", not a year or 2 ago, not a year or 2 in the future. Your view on "fair" is an opinion based on the simple fact, you're basing "fairness" on your personal play style. Fair isn't bringing everyone to the level you like to play at, which is apparently higher than most. Fair is catering to everyone's play style as best as possible, including those that aren't hardcore gamers.

And to further quote your nonsensical trolling, I've never even used the mutators. I'm mostly all level 3's and usually play a medic, even tho I've had the game a while. Guess I've been trying to grind my medic by healing fleshies on poundamonium eh? I'm posting this argument for the others that do use them, just to keep this clear.

And bswearer, I'm not even going to finish reading a troll post with enough grammatical errors to qualify for the special olympics. :p
Edit: To all the Apr 2008 members, don't forget.. post count does not equal #$@!# size.

Anyway, you "supporters" have already won. It likely won't ever be changed back. I'm simply standing up for those that don't like being at a disadvantage, why are all you getting so nasty about this? The game is about more than just leveling you know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not so bad, it doesnt take THAT long to level perks normally, since i reseted mine about 3 weeks ago, iv played somewhat casually, and already have level 2 - 4's, nearly level 5 sharpshooter already, havnt even used it.

People seem to think its a giant leap to level 5 but its really not that bad

Upvote 0
People seem to think its a giant leap to level 5 but its really not that bad

You fail at comprehension in that case. All the damage req. go to 1.5mil at lvl4, an easy requirement so stop with this "i got to lvl4 in no time" rubbish. Lvl4-5 alone is an extra 2mil, more than what you've got upto this point combined, the first major milestone of your perk being useful given the free weapon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.