• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Stargate Themed Map (finding co-mappers)

Turboz85[FIN]

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
Finland
Hi all, I wanted to ask, if someone of fellow mappers is intrested of joining to Stargate themed map project in future, i almost finished kind of project earlier, but lost all data cause hd broked down, so i thinked that it would be nice to resurrect idea and give it a go from fresh start. :D

All who are intrested to help are welcome :)

This could be done as community project, like dividing areas to multiple mappers to detail and create along other ongoing projects, so we could make one kickass map

Last edited:
Early Sketching of possible layout

Early Sketching of possible layout

Sorry i drawed this by freehand xD, but maybe something like this? PS.post your ideas, all are welcome

img008-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stargates

Stargates

That is not decided yet where that "Stargate" will be but it could be made so when player steps out of one and goes second one it will teleport to different place (depending if story map or other type)
Maybe it could be made so that players have to find key(s) and fight against zeds same time they approach to next stargate? (next area at map)

Upvote 0
Also, if you want, i will design the actual stargate for you. Thats about all i have time for though, with school and 2 mission maps under my belt

pm me if your interested

I will be able to replicate this picture. and if you make a control bord for it, I can make it move and turn, like it does when your putting in the cordiants. Then make a blue plasma thing come out too.

stargate.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice

Nice

Also, if you want, i will design the actual stargate for you. Thats about all i have time for though, with school and 2 mission maps under my belt

pm me if your interested

I will be able to replicate this picture. and if you make a control bord for it, I can make it move and turn, like it does when your putting in the cordiants. Then make a blue plasma thing come out too.

stargate.jpg

That would be nice Fel ,ill appreciate it cause that takes this project forward nicely :)

Upvote 0
i'd be glad to help out with the level with certain things

-terrain, general/Advanced brushwork, pathnodes, ZombieVolumes, lighting, shadow play, sky box's, etc.

-custom textures i can help out a tiny bit but prob want someone else to do that,
-custom models, i can make bsp based static meshes but thats it

-and i'm no good when it comes to making sounds, animations, and i've realized that i'm no good at optimizations either... stuff like that.

Edit: in other words Sign me up scotty =D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please take a look at this UT2004 map. Might be of use for inspiration.

http://ut2004.levels4you.com/downloads.l4y?review=16914&cat=190

Very well done. I rigged it up as a invasion/TDM map for my clan's UT2004 server. It has the SGC, Abydos, Surface level of SGC and you can teleport to the mothership using rings.

Also on topic with Stargate, we need modified crawlers and new models to be replicators! Win.

Upvote 0
And that would lag like hell wouldnt it? Most moves do at least.
Not at all. What casues the lag is the moving colisison. Thats why you remove the colission (on the mover) , and replace it with a custom fixed blocker. Or use simple colission and remove the Karma Properties

you should see the current map we are working on (WIP road to perdition) I have at least 50 diff movers for tons of events. all do extream and epic movement sequences, and non lag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0