• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

Gunslinger Perk - Yes or No?

• Total voters
Once I've finished off a few of mu current models I might fashion a top-break revolver, how about this one?

webley_mk6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this is a great idea, personally i use SS all the time and i feel it is way too overpowered. Long distance with xbow and close range with duel HC's? too deadly and versatile, if this gunslinger came along and took away the pistols, it would balance this game a lot more. Although not to completely nerf SS, i say bring the LAR a bit up, maybe to a strong as it was in the mod days?

Upvote 0
To everything so far.
Do you know what 4 secs of reload time costs in a suicidal game?? 1 bullet for 2 secs?? omg... as much as the gun slinger is a good idea, I think these stats are all wrong. A lvl6 Sharpshooter reloads the 9mm in 1-1.5secs approx which can determine survival or death. A pistol speciallist NEVER reloads a revolver 1 bullet at a time, and even so, reload only takes less than 1 sec. Just check out this video.

YouTube - fast shooter

My favourite weapon in the game is 9mm, but even so I voted NO simply because it will disrupt all the perks and balancing issues. More perks more issues. For the meantime, it still doesnt seem balanced.

A Sniper ALWAYS carrys a pistol as a side arm. It IS a secondary weapon and 1 greatly relies on in close or mid quarters. Killing Floor isnt Battlefield BC2. Theres no long range hide and cover to pick shots gameplay so thats why TWI named the perk Sharpshooter not Sniper. Because the Sniper role isnt suitable in the game. Out of all the pistols that I would carry as a Sniper, it would be the FNH-Five Seven. Simply because of its Armor Piercing Bullets, Power, Super Accuracy, weight and 20 ammo per mag. And I cant think of it being best in anyone elses but a SNIPER. Five Seven basically pisses all over a Glock or the gay auto fire machine Glock.

Sharpshooter perk makes KF unique to other games. A simple nerv on the M14 clips, fire rate and SC/FP headshot increased resistance to Xbow would easily balance the current game. Play more Suicidal and you'll see Sharpshooter is only overpowered in those areas i mentioned.

Most times it just sounds to me here everyone plays too much Hard mode with a lvl6 Sharpshooter. Also sounds like most people just loves to camp in 1 area. Thats pretty boring Sh1t if the game was balanced in a way that forces players to hold ground. Variety of individual executions makes the game fun. So what if its CO-OP? You can still be the last 1 standing and take out 200+ zombies on Suicidal. Thats where the power of a Sharpshooter really shines in that hands of a good player ON SUICIDAL MODE. Please bring back the berzerker chainsaw power for more survival gameplay!

but anyway, decisions all up to TWI. Im sure they see the flaws and positives etc... But it really does change the game completely, many people just dont see it and thinking its a simple add-on + Sharpshooter nerv.

If I was to consider a pistol only perk I would make them powerful. more headshot damage, fast reload like that fuking youtube guy. The characteristics of a Pistol Pro is aggression, fast take down move-on to next target and individualism. Not so much Co-Op. Much like a Berzerker.

Things to consider;

1. Removing 9mm and HC bonuses from SharpShooter. Meaning Sharpshooters will only have the choice of;
Xbow+LAR
M14+LAR
The layout just sounds so clumsy and slow and stupid. Trying to create a Sniper layout in a gameplay with swarming zombies. Thats just lame. Just play BFBC2 to fill your sniper desire.

2. Why does removing the red-dot replaced by a Scope on the M14 make it harder? That would just boost the weapons ability! Only newbies use red-dot.

3. Pistol perk needs to be fast, high ammo and powerful, or will just get owned in suicidal period.

4. Zed time bonus? So we have Commando, Berzerker and Pistol dude triggering 12 zed times in a row in total? That would piss me off in the game. Just plain dumb and gay. With the Sharpshooter perk during Zed time, I can take out 8+ zombies during 1-2 zed times with the 9MM @ 100% headshot accuracy in suicidal. We do not need more zed times!

5. Id say leveling with this perk can be determinded by the number of kills. Its a pure pistol profession perk. Just like fuking CHOW YUN FAT in his pistol rambo movies. 1 vs 50 bad guys win = hands down Mr. experience.

6. Playing the game since when it came out till now, the game is played out based on the players individualism. Just because the game says Co-Op doesnt mean people should be restricted by the games engine. That would put people off the game and play something else. Most of the timid less skillful players tend to camp in an area with others and shoot what ever appears. An aggressive player just cant bear it and will go out to do his sh1t. Then theres the in betweens.
Giving Players a choice of the type of execution is the best thing about a game. I for one as an agressive player, would not like to be restricted to the game engine, but there will be times where I'd choose to relax and hold with the rest of the team. I know other aggressive players gave up on the game shortly after the Chainsaw nerf. They dont touch Killing Floor anymore.

7. People who whinged about berzerkers chainsaw hogging kills before the nerf should just growup and add a little aggression into their game and go hunt for kills instead of whinging like a pussy. Its an individualism, get over it.

8. Instead of getting TWI to work on this damn pistol perk, there are other perks in need of attention like firebug and other balancing issues. Throwing a new perk in is just going to make things more hectic. more perks, more balancing issues.

9. Pistol perk needs to be strong, fast reload, and headshot bonus to work in the game. And like I said earlier, more perks, more balancing issues. Why? Just tell me where does the Commando perk stand now? So your going to say make the pistol perk less powerful? So then we have 2 reject retard perks that need to often cry out for help? And then you say its a Co-Op game again aye? Well the other watered down perks are too busy to save your fuking asses and gettin assfuked from behind... FAIL

10. I dont get why everyones hopes are so high for this pistol perk and making like its already in processing stage when TWI hasnt said anything yet to this awfully popular thread. I dont really mind about pistol perk but just concerned about balancing all this in the game. Coz the game rocks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4. Zed time bonus? So we have Commando, Berzerker and Pistol dude triggering 12 zed times in a row in total? That would piss me off in the game. Just plain dumb and gay. With the Sharpshooter perk during Zed time, I can take out 8+ zombies during 1-2 zed times with the 9MM @ 100% headshot accuracy in suicidal. We do not need more zed times!

This part deserves special attention.

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

The zed-time bonuses this perk would have are NOT, I repeat, NOT zed-time extensions.

It would have increased damage during zed-time. Probably the same as SS's headshot bonus, perhaps lower for balance.

Upvote 0
Actually, instead of the Webley Mk. VI revolver, I'm gonna make the model for the S&W 500, should be slightly simpler and more recogniseable.

As for the suggestions, it would be pretty good for this perk to have a selection of what role they want to play, like the sharpshooter can choose the Xbow or the M14. For example, there could be the 9mm and Handcannon, then on top of those two could be the S&W 500 and the mini Uzi.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Gibby
Upvote 0
hey guys, Yomommassis here

Really like the idea of a new perk the game could always use something new and interesting.

dont get me wrong I understand that new things could really change the way the game feels and plays but considering the game has come a long way from the mod and is NOTHING like it used to be i'm up for anything

and to give my 2c worth i went ahead and created a example perk icon for the Gunslinger class

Gunslinger0-2.jpg

its the front of revolver cylinder, it seemed apporiate and very distinguishable​

Also if you need any help coding or rookie animating i can help​

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
hey guys, Yomommassis here

Really like the idea of a new perk the game could always use something new and interesting.

dont get me wrong I understand that new things could really change the way the game feels and plays but considering the game has come a long way from the mod and is NOTHING like it used to be i'm up for anything

and to give my 2c worth i went ahead and created a example perk icon for the Gunslinger class

Gunslinger0-2.jpg

its the front of revolver cylinder, it seemed apporiate and very distinguishable​

Also if you need any help coding or rookie animating i can help​

That's an awesome icon for the perk! =D

Upvote 0
Holy sh*t 31 pages.

The most discussed thread on the suggestion forums :D

@jb_

I haven't replied your post fully because, well, you failed to read this thread.

But here it goes.

A sharpshooter is not an unique feature of killing floor. If I had to say whats unique about it, it would be the Firebug. How many games do you see with zombies AND flamethrowers, without the FT being burnt by his own weapon? There are plenty of games with sniper rifles and zombies, pistols and zombies... Sharpshooter is not unique.

This thread is not about the berserker. And , while I agree the chainsaw was raped, it WAS too strong; no one should be able to decap a FP instantly without being MEANT to do so - the Sharpshooter is.

This is "a simple addon and a sharpshooter nerf" (BTW, it's spelled nerF) in a way that only affects the sharpshooter and adds a new perk, that does other perks' jobs, yes, but is outshined by them.
It is highly likely, IMO, that the SS nerf would apply to handguns. So, they'll be just perkless weapons?

1. Removing 9mm and HC bonuses from SharpShooter. Meaning Sharpshooters will only have the choice of;
Xbow+LAR
M14+LAR
The layout just sounds so clumsy and slow and stupid. Trying to create a Sniper layout in a gameplay with swarming zombies. Thats just lame. Just play BFBC2 to fill your sniper desire.

You do realize that snipers (and shotguns) are known for being high damaging weapons. Snipers are also dead accurate. This weapon layout makes it perfect for taking down strong targets (like fleshpounds). But not anyone can properly shoot a sniper rifle.

2. Why does removing the red-dot replaced by a Scope on the M14 make it harder? That would just boost the weapons ability! Only newbies use red-dot.

It would make hip-firing less easy, and make the weapon actually FIT the sharpshooter's image.

5. Id say leveling with this perk can be determinded by the number of kills. Its a pure pistol profession perk. Just like fuking CHOW YUN FAT in his pistol rambo movies. 1 vs 50 bad guys win = hands down Mr. experience.

Probably better, yes.

6. Playing the game since when it came out till now, the game is played out based on the players individualism. Just because the game says Co-Op doesnt mean people should be restricted by the games engine. That would put people off the game and play something else. Most of the timid less skillful players tend to camp in an area with others and shoot what ever appears. An aggressive player just cant bear it and will go out to do his sh1t. Then theres the in betweens.
Giving Players a choice of the type of execution is the best thing about a game. I for one as an agressive player, would not like to be restricted to the game engine, but there will be times where I'd choose to relax and hold with the rest of the team. I know other aggressive players gave up on the game shortly after the Chainsaw nerf. They dont touch Killing Floor anymore.

No, it isn't restricted to co-op. But when you play suicidal as a commando, you would prefer to have a buddy by your side to help you take down targets you can't do it on your own, right? So, that means he must have a different perk than yours, right?
That, my friend, is known as cooperation, or co-op.
Also, you won't be forced to play as a gunslinger, you know? If it gets implemented, it won't remove any of the current perks. So you can still pick your sharpshooter (I assume you play as a sharpshooter because of how you defend it so fiercely, and because you said you're an agressive player on suicidal. That usually is suicide unless you're a sharpshooter) and rambo around headshooting zeds.
On a side note, I'd love to see examples of people who won't touch this game anymore after the chainsaw got nerfed. Personally, I'd say it's a minority of players (as low as 0.5%, probably even less) that would have such an overreaction.

7. People who whinged about berzerkers chainsaw hogging kills before the nerf should just growup and add a little aggression into their game and go hunt for kills instead of whinging like a pussy. Its an individualism, get over it.

Not a berserker chainsaw thread.

8. Instead of getting TWI to work on this damn pistol perk, there are other perks in need of attention like firebug and other balancing issues. Throwing a new perk in is just going to make things more hectic. more perks, more balancing issues.

Remember, this perk (and some modifications that would tag along) would solve a balancing problem, and a huge one: Sharpshooter's overpower. It would fix its loadout by removing his close range weaponry, stripping him of his all-around status.

9. Pistol perk needs to be strong, fast reload, and headshot bonus to work in the game. And like I said earlier, more perks, more balancing issues. Why? Just tell me where does the Commando perk stand now? So your going to say make the pistol perk less powerful? So then we have 2 reject retard perks that need to often cry out for help? And then you say its a Co-Op game again aye? Well the other watered down perks are too busy to save your fuking asses and gettin assfuked from behind... FAIL

I have to remember you that this perk would have faster pistol reload as a bonus. The revolver's base reload time is that high so it can't be properly wielded by any other perk effectively.
Why does it need headshot bonus? What's the logic behind that reasoning? "Pistols = headshots"? No other perk has a special bonus staking with normal damage bonus. This one would have increase damage on ZED-time, and that would make it very powerful during those few seconds.
The commando right now is one of the most POWERFUL perks in the game. And most people on these forums agree. If you don't think it is, then you probably also believe every perk should be able to solo a FP on 6-man suicidal. Which is wrong. Also, the only reason a sharpshooter doesn't ask for help is because it doesn't need it with his current loadout. It should ask for help. This IS a co-op game after all.

10. I dont get why everyones hopes are so high for this pistol perk and making like its already in processing stage when TWI hasnt said anything yet to this awfully popular thread. I dont really mind about pistol perk but just concerned about balancing all this in the game. Coz the game rocks!

It isn't in processing stage, but we have put a LOT of thought into this. And some of the forumites here are capable of helping TWI, since it's busy making RO:HoS and its a small company. These forumites want to help them. Make their jobs less ardous (spellcheck). They do this because they respect and love this company, one of the few that actually care about their customers (see Activision).

Last edited:
Upvote 0